Can we get a tank buff without sacrificing anything please?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ColdSuit, Jul 19, 2015.

1. ColdSuit

To be honest with you, I was excited when I heard tanks were being nerfed in exchange for infantry av being nerfed. Somewhat of a fair trade, I went along with it. Tanks were nerfed, but infantry was never nerfed.
    What gives? This game has been catering to infantryside and it's been killing the game. No new updates are coming in the next year. The devs promised to work on the game after they released the ps4 version (Which was dead on arrival). BUT LOL, JK XBOX ONE VERSION NEXT.
    Can we just bring tanks back to how they used to be, like where it takes teamwork to take down a tank, not a little John Rambo with a brick of C4? Where tank battles thrived without VS lancers , or NC Ravens, or AV nests killing all the participants from half way across the continent?
    • Up x 7
  2. Dirge.

Sure, if they were given a 30min cooldown and cost 750 nanites.
    • Up x 3
  3. Scr1nRusher

No.
    • Up x 8
  4. Disconsented

You mean stage 2 lethality changes/ tank health buff?
    Not gona happen with infantry side
    • Up x 7
  5. BIllyGG

no, because that's not how balancing works.

for every positive there must be a negative that equals that
  6. Scr1nRusher

Good post OP, but just want to tell you some things.

You reap what you sow

well no Sh** , it was a bait and switch. The infantry nerfs were never going to come.

NO SH** SHERLOCK, NOW YOU FINALLY REALIZE IT?
    • Up x 2
  7. Pelojian

because we totally got that phase 2 lethality buff for tanks after the phase 1 tank nerf right...
    • Up x 7
  8. Necron

Tanks don't take capture points. Tanks only exist to farm infantry, and other tanks if no infantry are present. Or an ESF if they get too cocky. Tanks are support and stat padders; infantry are the big brass balls of the campaign.
    • Up x 1
  9. Scr1nRusher

Tanks are ment for killings things.

One of those things is infantry and people need to understand that its ok for Infantry to be killed by other things on the battlefield.
    • Up x 3
  10. Necron

I have no problem being killed by a tank; tankers need to accept that the biggest threat to a tank is infantry. You kill us, we kill you. Circle of life as Disney would say. What us infantry guys are NOT here for is to pad your stats or be your own personal cert farm. You don't get to sit back in your armoured box and blast us with impunity. So forget that business and accept that tanks and infantry are equal-opportunity killers and all will be fine.
  11. Scr1nRusher

sigh.................

You still are so focused on the "all tanks do is farm and they hurt me and make me upset".
    • Up x 4
  12. Pelojian

Infantry are the prime farmer of infantry. the idea that 'tanks farm infantry hard' is total BS. Infantry farm themselves the hardest of anything. most tankers pull AP or HEAT over HE. Tanks are designed to kill each other and squishy infantry that become a nuisance.

u want tanks 2 b gone? ask for air support instead of nerf crying. teamwork is the most OP thing in the game.
    • Up x 8
  13. Jake the Dog

Alright genius, clearly you dont understand tanks at all. Tanks dont exist to farm infantry. HE tanks exist do that but those are a rarity. Any half decent tanker doesnt focus infantry but will protect/destroy spawns and enemy vehicles. That is what tanks are for. If heat and especially AP is shooting your infantry its probably self defense or he has no better targets. Which can usually imply that you're not getting your sunderer anywhere near the base the tank is defending.

The post however gets at how low tank survivability is. Often my tank feels like its made of paper. With the exception of the vanguard. However even then its pretty meagre survivability against anyone who knows what theyre doing.

Id like to suggest making c4 do 55% dmg each. That way a single rocket after 1 c4 wont kill the tank.

There are alot of things thay need to be changed to balance infantryside and vehicleside, HOWEVER, planetside development has always been slow and I doubt anything until will happen till at least christmas or never.

Well my rambles over.
    • Up x 12
  14. CorporationUSA

I don't even drive tanks, but I'd be more than ok with them getting a major health buff. It is way too easy to kill them as infantry.

However, the current resource system needs to be fixed first. If you look at something like Battlefield, tanks are really powerful, but each team only has a certain amount at any one time. There is pretty much nothing stopping that in Planetside 2. The old cooldown system didn't work as well, since people could cert it down to 5 minutes. They really need some kind of system where each faction only gets a certain amount or each vehicle. Maybe instead of having people buy them with resource currency, they could have vehicle depots scattered across the map.
  15. Necron

And you are still focused on "I should be able to kill infantry easier because they kill me and make me upset" Double-standard much?

That's BS and you know it. Tanks farm infantry to stat-pad. They kill other tanks(self preservation) and Sundies (mad certs) when they present themselves but usually only to secure the farm at the spawn room. Tank balance between power and health is perfect. If we kill you with C4 we have to be right there at your tank; you can kill us hundreds of meters away (balanced).

When I play LA I have to keep an eye on everything around me to stay alive, so should you. It is unfortunate that to most players UP is a direction that doesn't exist in this game. I accept that tanks will kill me, stop whining and kill me before I kill you.
  16. ColonelChingles

Unless you know... they explicitly promised a buff (or equivalent infantry AV nerf) for tanks.

That's literally the reason why tanks were invented. To blast infantry with impunity. WWI? Trench warfare?

Early tanks sometimes didn't even have cannon. Just LMG/HMGs. And if you think about it, why outfit the first tanks with AT weaponry... when no one else actually has a tank?

In warfare things aren't fair. Tanks kill infantry. Infantry don't usually get to kill tanks. War is not a one-on-one set of honorable duels... war is heck.

When PS2 starts to emulate some of the complexity of warfare then things will get more interesting. Until then it will remain largely a small-arms based FPS trying to compete in a crowded market against established giants who honestly do the entire infantry gunplay thing a lot tighter (after the latest BF4 patches at least).

If tanks farm infantry to stat pad... why do so many tankers opt for AP instead of HE?

Average Playtime for all MBT AP Cannons- 1,241.2 hours
    Average Playtime for all MBT HE Cannons- 120.4 hours

So pretty much for every 1 hours tankers spend behind an HE cannon... they are spending 10 hours running around with an AP cannon. HE usage between AP and HE only accounts for 8.8% of the usage time.

It's pretty clear that the vast majority of tankers are not spending their time farming... they're trying to go after other vehicles which is why they opt for AP instead of HE.

Want to see the real farmers in the game?

[IMG]

See that massive jump after the August 4 resource revamp? When all of infantryside was crying about the deluge of tanks that was sure to come? Yea. There really weren't more tanks. HE tanks decreased drastically and AP tanks went up slightly. Just more infantry throwing tons more grenades at each other and then blaming it on tanks for all their woes.

Infantry by far are the worst farmers in the game. I mean that's why the worst bases to attack are Biolabs and Subterranean Nanite Analysis... meatgrinders that really don't have tanks anywhere in sight.
    • Up x 4
  17. Shatteredstar

I don't think most armor needs buffed or anything...Vanguards are scary enough as is!

Magriders you can poke at with a stick and they run away, Vanguards are like "What? You wanted more titan AP? Sure."

Given that armor columns are one of the main pushing forces nowadays and many bases lately have been broken when some MBTs or lightning rushes come smashing out, I am kind of failing to see what buffing tanks would accomplish besides make it even harder to corral a base unless you have a stranglehold on the vehicle terminal so tight David Carradine would enjoy it.

The reason I think many people feel like it is bad for vehicles is that with the game having cooked as much as it has many many people have tank mines or c4(or fifty hojillion ravens and phoenix) and WANT to go after them. They totally will abandon a fight infantry wise to load up the LA or engy and charge forth to try to snag a kill on armor. Which does make things rougher since you can only swat so many before one gets through.
  18. SwornJupiter

Battlefield 4 completely broke infantry-vehicle balance. My first (and last) match on BF4 consisted of two guys double-manning a vehicle completely wiping everyone on the scoreboard. They ended up going something ridiculous like 150-3. At one stage my team chose to focus fire launchers, and all they did was pop smoke, retreat, and come back 10 seconds later at full health.

It's not fun when vehicles are that great.
  19. ColonelChingles

You do know that in Battlefield you often also get tanks? And barring minor player upgrades your tanks and other vehicles are exactly identical to the ones the enemies have?

So if the enemy had a mega super-invincible kill tank, where was yours that would function in every way exactly like the enemy's?

Though it annoys me to no end in BF when someone grabs the AA vehicle and immediately runs off with it to mow down infantry while enemy attack helicopters kill everything on the ground. :mad:
  20. Shatteredstar

You'd be surprised how many rambo skyguards I see that must be those same players.