New sunder ability huge issue

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Regazozo, May 22, 2015.

1. Regazozo

Zergs will now be almost impossible to counter. They will pull mass armor/air they will deploy this thing, and the only way to get reinforcements into the area will be to galaxy drops or get sunders close enough to deploy effectively. This has simply compounded the problem of camping people into the spawn and entrenching on the point by simply entrenching onto the base with an even harder to break setup via air and armor. Redeploy side at least could be countered by redeploy siding defensively(infantry fights inside of bases where armor has less of an impact), now you will have walls of armor/air across vast distances that will have to be taken out inside of a very limited time period. Holding a base for these short times with massive armor and air will be an easy task for any of the zerg outfits.

"A good intention, with a bad approach, often leads to a poor result"
    -Thomas A. Edison
    • Up x 5
  2. Scr1nRusher

Sigh...............

You do know that you can counter them by pulling/sending forces from surrounding bases to attack the attackers using it to attack the base?

Also....... much like cut off bases function now, if you die in that bases territory you can re-spawn in it.

BTW I find it hilariously interesting that you made your account on the 11th of last month and you made your first post on the 22nd of this month.
    • Up x 5
  3. AxiomInsanity87

The guy is clearly a government alien spy or some sht.
  4. Scr1nRusher

Redeployside is the Matrix.

Then wouldn't it make him a Agent?
    • Up x 1
  5. Regazozo

You do know that you can counter them by pulling/sending forces from surrounding bases to attack the attackers using it to attack the base?

Basically, everyone will have to throw themselves at the air and armor, feeding them kills, to get enough into the base to hopefully be able to push them off the point in time. You would be ok with this? Do not get me wrong re-deploy side is a problem, this is not the solution. Stopping ghost caps will now be coin flips, zergs will become even harder to stop. It's catering to much to bad play styles.
  6. Scr1nRusher

Do you need help on how to quote & reply to things?

Also you act like theres no one going to be attacking the enemy, really now.

Also they are not ghost caps, theres a big difference & you can stop zergs by putting a SDI behind them so they cannot continue the zerg.
    • Up x 3
  7. HydeAut

. . . and there go the last advantages DEFENDERS had against attacking zergs
  8. Hatesphere

I'm reserving judgment until it hits live, but i dont have high hopes for it being the magic redeploy side killing bullet. its a band aid at best, with the potential to destroy any semblance of adhoc defense.
    • Up x 1
  9. Scr1nRusher

ok....... let me explain this in the simplest form possible.

The SDI makes you attack the attackers attacking the base.

So your attacking them, when they are attacking your base.
    • Up x 2
  10. AxiomInsanity87

The games main focus is zerging and you can zerg in a highly tactical manner with your outfit if you want. Sometimes in ps2, it does take getting killed loads because ITS AN FPS WHERE PEOPLE WILL HAVE TO DIE TO WIN.

Last I checked, getting loads of kills or being killed loads doesn't matter so long as it helps a win. You could feed the enemy a million kills and take the base, their kills wouldn't mean sht.
    • Up x 2
  11. Sir Cypher

First of all, it is in the Wishlist, it is not going to hit actual live game anytime soon. Second, would it not be better to have all the discussion in the original thread (https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/sunderer-deployment-inhibitor.226219/) to have all viewpoints there and not cluttered all around the forum in several topics?

And no, I am not trying to "police" around, but to make it easier to follow the discussion about the SDI.
  12. AxiomInsanity87

So obviously policing around though lol. Bro you policing around like a bawss #Policingaroundswaggington.

Wait, did you just make a thread on discussion and then say we shouldn't discuss here after a brief discussion?.

You need to work on the policing skills bro.
    • Up x 1
  13. HydeAut

Good luck with your "superior" tactic when you have the enemy already sitting at the point, only waiting for the cap of the base before.

And even if not, timing and numbers are crucial, most times this will only be a short nuisance (not that I haven´t tried it, even with an infiltrator hiding in an overrolled base)
  14. Scr1nRusher

I put it in simplest terms.

Also have you considered how SDI's can cut off a zerg? or how the AMS cloak module will play a key role in defending against them?
    • Up x 2
  15. Scr1nRusher

Sir Cypher been around for 1 year and has only made 19 comments, either hes a lurker or he comes out to play when he wants.
    • Up x 1
  16. AxiomInsanity87

I am think what he's trying to say is that he is not religious but he believes in Jesus and god. He doesn't believe in the old testament but Jesus considered it historically accurate so he believes in Jesus.
  17. AxiomInsanity87

He's got all the internet cookies lol.
  18. Plastikfrosch

I think its a good invention and forces the protectors to work together and not the typical "hey there is an attack and its a nearly even fight. lets all redeploy there to get the point back with 80%+".
    But to be honest i would also apreciate a sunderer ability (or a deployable device for the infiltrator) that would make it impossible to shoot from inside of the shields of the spawnroom to force the guys to come out (yes i know it will be a pain in the *** if you get zerged BUT even in 50/50 fights there are always those spawnroom-sniper-heros that will shoot from inside of the spawn especially in those bases where you have a wonderfull overlook over the whole base from inside).
    • Up x 1
  19. HydeAut

I put it in even simplier terms: that there are and will be other tactics to try fighting a zerg is not the topic (hint: reread the OP)
  20. AxiomInsanity87

The op is nothing but problematic rubbish that shouldn't be taken seriously at all.
    • Up x 3