Message to the TR community.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, May 21, 2015.

1. Ballto21

Let it be said now everything here is what i honestly believe, and is not just a ****post.

From what ive seen so far of TR weapons, you dont have many 'bad' weapons, but you do have many redundant ones (ones that fill or overlap the same roll as others in one way or another), of course you have some shoddy ones, but no more than any other faction.

The only truly terrible infantry weapons that i have found so far are the AMP and burst variants of weapons (keep in mind i had another TR character named AlsoBallto i deleted to make this one who had significantly more time and unlocks)

That said, some TR weapons seem to need changes that arent buffs, just edits to fit new rolls.

The issue with TR is not that youre underpowered in my mind, its that its just kind of a bland meat and potatoes arsenal. Or i might be completely wrong, im probably somewhat wrong, but also maybe possibly somewhat right. An example being a jaguar and trac 5 fit the same roll, the jags just better for SPA and ADS move modifier
  2. CapEnTrade

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-yup.
    AMP sucks
    Our guns are all the same
    They all look the same
    But they're all red.
    • Up x 4
  3. Cinnamon

There is a bit of that across the game as a whole. Like the main reason that Jag has a good reputation now with 4th factioners is that if you have like 10k kills with the Orion you don't have to learn any new skills for the Jag at all. It's basically the same weapon just a bit worse in most areas.
    • Up x 1
  4. LazyAsian

To be honest? I think the TR are the more "general purpose armory" type guys. What I mean is that all their weapons overlap each other because they're designed to be applicable in all situations.
  5. Ballto21

yes but generally players want the shiny giant balls of ooze and pewpewpew or the shotguns on top of shotguns that fire shotguns that explode into tiny shotguns that fire buckshot instead of "ME GUN. ME SHOOT."
  6. Grumblefern

I think overall VS has better weapons than TR.

HOWEVER

I think VS actually has a bit more redundancy. You think TR has lots of weak 143dmg/652-698RoF guns that serve no purpose, but then you look at VS assault rifles and you just can't compete with Pulsar VS1, CME, Equiniox. It's even more hilarious now that CME costs 1k certs and Equinox costs 650.

Really the big balance issue here isn't TR or VS, it's NC's superior variety of 167 tier along with a unique 200dmg tier. I would definitely rather see TR and VS bumped up to NC's diversity level than the other way around though.

Also I think a RoF tier between 652 and 698 could help a bit, and horizontal recoil values/ drop-off values of 143 guns could be more varied so they're not so inferior at range compared to 167dmg options.

And last but not least, making burst weapons actually functional would really be nice, they could fill a big gap in TR and VS's precision weapon options.
    • Up x 2
  7. prodo123

The issue is that most of their infantry guns overlap with the VS's.
  8. Dgross

T32 Bull
    - compensator
    - forward grip
    - SPA

All you need baby. I mow down Orions and Godsaws and Stihl saws and see saws.

For the rest:

TORQ-9
    T5 AMC (for range)
    LC3 Jaguar (for close)
    Default pistol
    Couple 'o mercys

The rest is sub par imo.
    • Up x 1
  9. AxiomInsanity87

Lol 1/10.
  10. Mythologicus

Clearly, TR and VS are the same faction.

...they may as well be, actually.
  11. RedArmy

it has nothing to do really with "bad weapons" as i do think we do have our fair share of bad weapons similar to the other empires. such as the TRAP, Fractures, and Striker unless in expert hands. its really more of a higher learning curve with our weapons and newer or less experience players automatically say "oh its bad" due to the level of differences with each weapon.
    the redundant weapons are what we are all about having similar rates of fire and recoils, its the monkey in the corner persay with the widly varried option that throws people off
  12. sL360

You aren't far from the truth at all, actually. There was an update a while back that changed VS guns to be more like TR in terms of mechanics. When they changed out the damage degradation stuff at range? Yeah. I still need to find the actual patch notes, but it happened.

*EDIT: I found it. Game update 07. http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Update_Number_7

"All extra VS damage scaling at range has been removed. VS minimum damage now matches the damage scaling of the other two factions"

And obviously, this pulled more from TR than NC.
  13. Leftconsin

I watched in horror as TR lost a biolab to a 40% underpop.
  14. Rogueghost

MSW-R
    Tar
    Jaguar
    Commie
    Pounders
    Nothing else is worth touching.
  15. Cookie5000

You gotta admit they completely ruined the T2-Striker
    • Up x 6
  16. Villanuk

Nerfing the Jag was the biggest insult to TR
  17. OldMaster80

The only bad weapons imho (I play only tr since beta no other characters) are the t4-amp and the Striker. The Striker is really terrible the amp is at least decent as fast panic weapon when your primary is out of bullets.

Two words on the Trac Burst: that thing is way better than many think. Give it a try from the hip and without hva.
  18. EliteEskimo

Well our ES weapons are often far worse compared to their NC/VS equivalents.

1. Fractures are significantly worse than Ravens and noticeably inferior to Vorteks.

2. Pounders pail in comparison to Falcons or comets when it comes to range utility. Range is everything for an AV max, the closer you are to the vehicle you are shooting the easier it is for the vehicle to fire back.

3. Vulcan is very good on Harasser, but sense it is very bad if you need to use cover, your enemy has cover, or your enemy is even partially hulled down. This makes it mediocre on the Prowler. Meanwhile the Enforcer and Saron are very useful for both MBT's and Harassers.

4. Butcher is hands down inferior to GodSaw or Battle Goose.

5. MCG is bad for 1v1 engagements unlike Jackhammer, and is worse at suppression than lasher

6. Striker is significantly worse than Lancer/Phoenix

7. Banshee was nerfed from over performing to way under performing the VS/ NC equivalents. The list goes on but you get the idea that there are many areas where the TR weapons are underperforming. That isn't to say we don't have weapons like the Jag/Torq but I wouldn't say the TR is fine right now.
    • Up x 1
  19. Ballto21

i said generally infantry wise which is the majority of the player base. If you have issues using the MCG in CQC 1v1 situations, youre probably just bad. I have no issue with it and ive barely used it. I might be wrong, but id ask haxtime or that guy around here who has 10000+ kills with it for more.

Depends on the range, ive never used any directive lmg so ill just assume that the butcher is similar to an eridani with 150 mag size and 0.5 ads looking at stats.

concede

eehehhh, i think the banshee is "ok", certainly could use something even if its just an accuracy buff.

managing the drop on pounders can give it very good range, but ill admit fractures are meh at what they do. isnt there a change down the pipes for them? By the way, they perform almost equally to vortexes statistically.
  20. Ballto21

all burst variants are "ok" (exception trap and sabr, i loved them at midrange on my old character) but generally inferior to auto versions as manual burst firing isnt difficult and sometimes you do want auto. 2x burst NC weapons are an exception, simply with how they function with decent aim.