DBG was afraid the crossbow would be OP.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, May 13, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

That is the only explanation I can come up with for why Explosive bolts has 3 shots & more drop, rather then 4 shots & same drop as the other 2 bolt types(Standard & recon).

Its hilarious.
  2. Takara

It's like the underbarrel . The UBGL used to be really good. It was too good. They didn't want that again. It's there to give cloakers a way to finish off or damage MAX units. If it was better than it is...it would be too good as every class in the game can equip it. It fills a roll with out being too good. But I use it still here and there.
  3. Scr1nRusher

It just needs 1 more bolt in its magazine.
  4. HAXTIME

There are many things in this game that need just that tiny bit of buff to be both awesome and useful.
    • Up x 5
  5. Scr1nRusher

oh agreed.
    • Up x 2
  6. FateJH

Question: what's wrong with the three bolts it was given?
  7. Scr1nRusher

at 3 bolts not only is it a design screw up(It should be 4 shots no matter the bolt type), but also against targets sometimes you really really need another shot.
  8. FateJH

In PlanetSide Classic, the Striker had five rockets. It took six rockets to destroy MAXes and, if I recall, Lightnings.
    Occasionally withholding a round is a design consideration.
    • Up x 1
  9. Scr1nRusher

Its a crossbow.

Are you honestly defending them being afraid that a explosive tip crossbow would be OP?

Really????
  10. FateJH

This is your argument. I'll leave making that argument - why you need a fourth explosive bolt - to you. You've made the request and that's a good start; now keep going.
    • Up x 1
  11. Scr1nRusher

Take a look at the design constancy for the crossbows Bolt types:

Standard = 4 shots

Recon = 4 shots

Explosive = 3 shots.

See how explosive is the odd one out?
  12. FateJH

And the HC1 Cougar has a 35 bullet magazine weapon compared to the standard TR 40 bullet carbine model. It's not like there's reason to complain, nor is there specific reason that the Cougar absolutely requires those five extra bullets.
    That's what I am missing from you. Why explosive bolts - designed with three bolts per magazine - requires that fourth one. Just having a different magazine size alone is not an argument, it's an observation.
    • Up x 1
  13. Scr1nRusher

Well, having 4 bolts would be better then having 3 bolts, because often you find yourself needing 1 more shot to kill things or damage things.
  14. PrimePriest

Having more bullets per magazine would be better for every weapon. This is simply a plain fact that has nothing to do with balance decisions.
    So why exactly do you think it should have 4 bolts?
  15. Ballto21

Scrin im the resident ****poster with half baked arguments to rustle jimmies on this forum. We can work in shifts if youd like, but youll need to talk with management and pick up your HR packet
  16. Scr1nRusher

Due to the fact that the crossbow is balanced around having 4 bolts regardless of bolt type.
  17. Badname707

You still are lacking an explanation.
  18. Scr1nRusher

I told you.

For weapon design consistency(All bolt types having 4 bolts), aswell as improving the usage(since most if not all of the time 3 bolts is literally just 1 short.)
  19. Badname707

Sounds a little like OCD to me
    • Up x 1
  20. Scr1nRusher

Do you have the crossbow?