[Suggestion] Change the anchor

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Ballto21

Seriously, this gun is so overpowered. It has almost the best accuracy of any lmg, 3hk headshot, high velocity, very fast reload, and outperforms the orion and msw-r in everything.

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=kpu&weapon1=80&weapon2=7236&weapon3=7236

30+ KPU for the anchor, 12 on the orion, 19 on the msw, 42 KPH on the anchor, 30 on the orion, 35 on msw, 0.26 HSR on the anchor, 0.24 on the orion, 0.24 on the msw

This gun is clearly better than vs tr equals. change it or buff the orion/msw
    • Up x 1
  2. Czerń

3. Ballto21

4. lothbrook

Yes cause all BR 1s have access to 1k certs and are just god mode with the anchor, at least use BR100 stats, which are on that site.

BR100 KPH
    http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=br100kph&weapon1=80&weapon2=7236&weapon3=7254

BR100 KPU
    http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=br100kpu&weapon1=80&weapon2=7236&weapon3=7254

Then to just drive home what i'm talking about here are the total number of Uniques for each weapon.
    http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=uniques&weapon1=80&weapon2=7236&weapon3=7254

The anchor is used by a little more than half the number of MSW users and the Orion is used by 5.5 times as many people. Its almost as if the cost of the weapon dictates who uses it, its almost impossible to nail down which weapon is outperforming by even BR100 standards since there are plenty of people who don't invest at all or very little in LMGs and just use HA to attack vehicles, but what we can assume is that people who invested 1k certs into the anchor are good at using it.
    • Up x 7
  5. lothbrook

• Up x 1
  6. HadesR

Why are you comparing the Anchor to the Orion ? Cherry picking ?

Why not compare it to the SVA-88 or is that KPU to close to the Anchors to suit your purpose ?

Or how about the KPU of the starter LMG's ? Where the Orion comes out as the best ?
    • Up x 5
  7. Ballto21

The orion, MSWr, and Anchor are all supposed to fit the same roll. CQC, lower mags, fast reloads. The SAW, is a medium-long range weapon, CARV, medium range, orion, cqc

Its like comparing a gd7f, a solstice, and a cougar
  8. Ballto21

Directive weapons should not be counted as not everyone can use them.

Orion is very close in kph, anchorstill better in br 100 kpu save a few spikes.

it does have more uniques, ill give it that
  9. MarkAntony

you are still doing it wrong. ranges and roles don't matter when you are comparing starter weaopons to weapons for 1k cersts. Here is why: everyone uses starter weapons therefore the stats are lower. experienced and pro players dump 1k certs into sidegrades. therefore the stats will be better. is that so hard to understand?
    this even translates to BR100 stats as even those players learn the game with starter guns --> worse stats (unless i am wrong and that only start counting from the moment you hit BR100)
    • Up x 1
  10. prodo123

[IMG]
    Orion is the default LMG for Vanu, which means newbies who can't aim as well as veterans also spam this weapon, thus driving KPU and whatever stat you're citing.

Anchor is loved by veterans and used mostly by veterans because of its 1,000 cert cost. Compare that against the Betelgeuse which is used exclusively by veterans who completed the LMG directive. This shows a better comparison between the factions.

If anything, DBG needs to buff the MSW-R slightly and nerf the Betelgeuse according to the site you're citing. I'm not one for the buff/nerfhammer though, so I'll reserve my own opinions.

Edit: More graphs, and this time comparing BR 100s exclusively. Betelgeuse maintains its advantage, while MSW-R and Anchor are almost tied.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  11. Goretzu

They'd need to nerf the SVA-88 and the Betelguese as well.
    • Up x 2
  12. Ballto21

13. Goretzu

To me Anchor (although being my favourite LMG in the game) isn't a CQB LMG so much in the same sense as the Orion or MSW-R though, I'd argue that it actually handles in many ways more like the SVA-88 in fact and is actually more an outstanding Mid-range LMG (that is still good close and longer ranges) rather than being an amazing CQB LMG as such (in the context the Orion and MSW-R are).

Also if you compare Anchor, MSW-R and Orion in Q4 KPH none are currently particularly overperforming, especially when you consider the Orion is a starter weapon and a very easy weapon for a noob to pick up and use well.
    • Up x 2
  14. Goretzu

Directive weapons need to be balanced too, if the Anchor needs to be nerfed currently, then the Betel needs to be nerfed much, much more.

Also BR100 KPH with Anchor, MSW-R & Orion, much of a muchness.
  15. Vixxing

Anchor... <3
    • Up x 1
  16. Ballto21

they do need to be balanced but comparing them to normal weapons is not the best way to go. we should compare them to the other directive weapons of the same category
  17. Ballto21

I feel this has gone on for long enough.

Id like to state now i dont actually think the anchor needs a nerf and i was just trying to post the same logic the whole nerf orion crowd does.

Ill admit, heavy assault and lmgs in general could use some change in my opinion, but certainly not a flat out nerf, at least not without some buff to compensate.

That said i know no one will read this post, and will continue posting. I've done my job, heavy spergs discuss at will.

/abandon thread
  18. Devrailis

Don't you dare touch my SpAnchor!

Also, the Onion is the most over-rated LMG in the game.
  19. Goretzu

I dunno, they've never suggested directive weapons should be uber, more flexible perhaps, but just plain better, no.

But as we can see when we compare the Anchor, MSW-R and Orion in Q4 KPH or BR100 KPH (which is the only way to reliably remove skill factor) they are much of a muchness, as is the SVA-88 (and all are still well below the Betel).

You can't compare the total population of a starter weapon with an 1000 cert weapon and claim the 1000 cert weapon is performing "better" because of balance, because the 1000sc weapon has no beginner population, the first time people use one they will be reasonably experienced........ and indeed when you factor that out (Q4/BR100), the Anchor isn't particularly outperforming anything.

Well the irony there is that the HA shield and SVA-88 synergise exceedingly well. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  20. BlueSkies

Buff the orion... well thats a new one :)