[Suggestion] New ES sidearms that are not only fun and unique, but better than the nanite skills

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Ballto21

Alright, this is all fairly half baked, but i thought of some ES weapons designed to outshine the NS revolvers in some way or another.

VS.

Think a beamer.

Stay with me.

With heat mechanic and a slightly faster rof.

This would give stalkers better choice than the commie because infinite ammo, and the beamers a great gun already. This particular one is more stalker oriented

NC:
    The railjack and the blackhand had a baby, and made a railgun pistol! This would just be better than the blackhand. Think the same idea as the blackhand but with slightly larger COF and much higher velocity. Because nanites.

TR:
    Inquisitor and the Valkyrie cas had a lovechild and made a pistol that does 50 indirect damage within 0.25m (mildly lowered direct damage, by about 20 points for example)
  2. Lord_Avatar

50 indirect damage within 0.25 with an Inquisitor damage model? Such blowage...

The Emperor and the AMP smacked into one - now that I could use.
  3. Lucidius134

You lost me

Re: VS pistol:
    bring back our Cerberus 0.5 from PTS. It used lasher orbs and had AOE. Give us a mini-lasher. You could even base it on the beamer's stats with the high ROF. Cerberus has too low rounds per mag to make it a decent mini-lasher.

TR:TR only fire mode 'Double Fire'
    NC: NC only fire mode 'Twin Shot'
    Give NC A pistol that fires 2 shots per click w/ a moderate rate of fire. No need to make it some sh!tty shotgun restricted to 2m effective range. A Mag-shot or even a Rebel that shoots 2 bullets per trigger pull. Don't make it burst fire, make it function like a 2 pellet shotgun w/ pistol accuracy/spread.
    • Up x 1
  4. omfgweeee

If something fits TR imo is dual pistols. Stats i cant tell but only thing that give more daka than 1 pistols are 2 pistols dont you think?

P.S. For NC probably we need just buffed shotgun pistol (tigher cof and extra amo) i think it fits NC very well but the current version is too poorly executed.
  5. Eternaloptimist

Isn't that the Desperado?
  6. AxiomInsanity87

Wow that sounds great.

Let's have new and nice stuff. Preferably more faction flavour like the ops suggestion.
  7. AxiomInsanity87

How about a small handheld Gatling gun for TR, a small handheld lasher for vs and a sawn off double barrelled shotgun for nc?.
  8. Ballto21

that could be nice but i reply to you the spiker charge mode, amp, and magscat. theyre not fantastic but they are balls of goo, dakkalite and shotgun.

Infinite ammo beamer or similar heat mechanic gun would be fresh and interesteing and valid, a slightly buffed to my origional suggestion dakka and explosive pistol would be naet for the tr, i really dont know what to do for nc though.
    • Up x 2
  9. Lucidius134

No, the desperado is a burst fire pistol. I specifically mentioned it not being burst. It'd be semi-auto, but it shoots 2 bullets.

heat mechanic would be good but it just feels kinda weird how the heat mechanic is so VS and then the NC/TR ones are just, regular *** guns still. You know what I mean? I feel bad for them lol.

If UBSG's were refined, or even done away with for NC weapons that'd be helpful for that specific instance.

Like, think the Le Mat revolver. It was a revolver made in the late 1800's with a secondary smooth bore barrel made to shoot shotgun rounds. Get rid of UBSG's and just give NC aurax/specialty weapons built in shotguns with improved functionality. Example: Pressing 1 fires it instantly. Holding 1 reloads it. Or give their UGSG's unlimited ammo w/ slower reload speeds? Or just up their ammo count more than others.

Allow TR aurax/specialty weapons to have an under barrel repeater that doubles as a basic foregrip for the main weapon platform? Give them a fire mode that dumps half the weapon's magazine at 1.5-2x weapon ROF with a wind up delay? Looking at you classic AMP.
    • Up x 1
  10. 00000000000000000000

No

NO

Absolutely not.

Oh dear lord plz no.

Eh sure.

How about For VS:

A constant beam pistol. Like a high powered blow torch. Does a LOT of damage (like 300 every 0.2 seconds, so a 0.8 second TTK) has the heat mechanic and as a (major) downside it literally stops at its maximum damage drop off range. So it just ends after the 15 meters or so, making it unusable after that range.
    • Up x 2
  11. Ballto21

why not an infinite ammo beamer :(
    • Up x 1
  12. 00000000000000000000

I don't like the beamer, at all. I don't think its a very good pistol.

I've run out of ammo, switched to it, fired into my opponent and they seem to giggle at it. With the other pistols I own (Underboss, Rebel, Repeater) this doesn't seem to happen, only the beamer.

I have 600 hours, and only something like 10 beamer kills as a VS main (to be fair I switched to underboss a long time ago)
  13. Ballto21

[IMG]

Third highest performing weapon

Highest performing infantry sanctioned headshot weapon

Beamer is a good gun. NS revolvers are ezmode scrub slug shotties in your pocket.

Use the beamer a bit more.

Be enlightened.
    • Up x 2
  14. 00000000000000000000

Yeah but I use sidearms as backup when I run out of ammo to switch and finish off my opponent. I've honestly tried to use the beamer but it just doesn't fit my playstyle, I hit my target but it doesn't do enough to finish them most of the time.
  15. Ballto21

thats also what i use mine for generally (although i also stalker it)

dont expect it to finish them in one hit. it will in two or one headshot. you can fire two shots with a beamer faster than an underboss. spamclick in 3-8 round bursts
  16. Computiverse

I don't like the VS idea. The beamer, in my opinion, is at the point where its ROF is high enough that the majority of players can't even click fast enough to make full use of the DPS. i want a pocket ppa
  17. z1967

I always thought the TR might try something as crazy as an explosive pistol.

NC, I was thinking might try something similar to the Mare's Leg sawn off rifle. Tube loaded, can be fired faster than the underboss, does loads of damage, but of course those reloads can kill you, since dpm is about on par with the underboss. Great for finishers, or unloading on unsuspecting targets when you are running around all sneaky-beaky-like. Accuracy isn't too good as well and it blooms fast if you don't control it so it won't be your friend for longer ranges.

VS is hard to conceptualize for without getting some OP, UP, useless, or unfun. Someone's plasma beam cutter idea was pretty good, and the ttk is about right for pistols.
  18. Ballto21

Honestly you can NOT maxmise the DPS of a beamer and use it effectively. You will oversample in both ADS and hipfire. I click at 8.5 cps and i need to make my CPS 6.5 which is barely above average. To max beamer DPS you need 7.5
  19. Lucidius134

OH

I GOT IT

BRING BACK LASHER 1.0 AS A SIDE ARM AND BUFF IT SLIGHTLY.

The main issue with the Lasher 1.0 was that it still fired invisible orbs at a VERY low ROF with very low velocity. The only difference between the lasher 1.0 and 2.0 was that they got rid of the beam effect on the model and made the projectiles visible.

What they need to do: greatly increase ROF and velocity, greatly reduce projectile life span, reduce damage to adjust.

BOOM: Lasher pistol or even a beam weapon for infantry.
  20. Lucidius134

Everytime I see people post click per second it's with the mouse stationary.

Do you oversample beamer while doing circles with the mouse though?