increase lancer charge up tine

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MikeyGeeMan, Apr 14, 2015.

1. MikeyGeeMan

This weapon and its no skill point and click needs to be augmented.

No other av weapon in the game works like this...and there is no reason it should work like this. It has no drop, and that in itself is uber powerful. High velocity, low charge up time and no drop.
  2. \m/SLAYER\m/

u cant OHK with full charge, so its not OP
  3. Liewec123

i think its fairly balanced, it becomes a problem when used in a squad scenario,
    but so do a lot of other weapons which are balanced when used solo.
  4. MikeyGeeMan

Not so...with the no drop mechanic and easy aiming mode its should be balanced by fps.

Don't lower max damage, but either add in drop or increase charging time.
  5. asmodraxus

How about no as your crying pls nerf the VS alot without saying x could be nerfed in favor of buffing y

How about we reduce the Strikers velocity as well? Ok maybe not as its a not in a good spot but what about the following

Pounders AI damage should also be nerfed as it kills a disproportionate amount of non vehicle/max units
    Prowlers unlocked DPS as its main gun kills a disproportionate amount of things
    Vulcans clip size on the Harasser
    The utuility of the Prowlers lockdown, maybe it should be put on a capacitor with heat build up so as to stop a Prowler locked down next to an ammo sundy firing all day into a base 250m away farming infantry?

But then maybe we should stop feeding the Troll
  6. Ianneman

The issue with Lancers is Lancer nests. VS outfits seem to have the pesky habit of dropping on hills in the middle of ******* NC/TR fights just to farm kills, which is absolutely ridiculous. Otherwise they are fine.
  7. EliteEskimo

The issue with Lancers is their ludicrous range. I recently had people get mad I was preventing them from moving up from.broken arch so they deployed a Lancer nest 400-500 meters away on a cliff so they could fire on me without me being able to retaliate. Any weapon which can easily operate and be a devastating weapon outside of Render range is broken.
    • Up x 3
  8. Jac70

Whenever I use the Lancer I always find it frustrating. I like the mechanic, the design and the faction flavour but as I play solo most of the time it's next to useless. I would happily swap extreme distance damage for more close up power. As it is a plasma weapon, the mechanic could be that its damage falls off sharply over range. Make it a 2 hit kill at less than 20m and then make it so that it is pretty much pointless on it's own past say 250m.
  9. Ballto21

stop being a tanker. Problem solved.

Remember when prowlers had 60% higher deployed velocity and the same range as the lppa before they changed the range again (800mish)? pepperidge farms remembers
  10. Pikachu

I don't remember anyone ever complaining on anchor mode being too powerful. The nerf came from nowhere to everyone.
    • Up x 3
  11. gigastar

If you had really pissed someone off then you would have gotten a visit from a Drifting C4 Fairy delivered via suicide-ESF.

Lancer nests are for farming, not single target revenge.
    • Up x 3
  12. EliteEskimo

That Nerf came from nowhere and was downright moronic. They nerfed it because according to the developers it was too effective against Air, even though the Vanguard was and still is way better than the Prowler for shooting down ESF's. Furthermore the Prowler will consistently render when it shoots you can't hit infantry past 300 meters because that's when they stop rendering.
    • Up x 1
  13. EliteEskimo

I had people doing that, eventually a LA got me. Then I came back with a auto turret and immediately after I got a few more kills a Lancer nest was pulled and a AV turret. There was me and an ammo Sunderer to keep me supplied. You underestimate how mad people get when people get killed repeatedly killed by tanks and especially a specific one. It was like 2-3 HA's an an AV turret which also didn't render.
  14. 00000000000000000000

Probably because they don't nerf based on complaints. They nerf based on numbers they get back from the system saying X is being used too much and producing too strong of results.

I don't remember anyone complaining about the Saron before its nerf from 2 shotting infantry down to 3 shotting them, but the devs looked at the numbers and saw the Saron, for being an AV weapon, was killing too many infantry, so it got nerfed.

I'm happy that their solution to the Harrasser Vulcan is not to simply nerf it but to add something similar to the other factions. This is a good thing.
    • Up x 4
  15. gigastar

Ok, you say this and you dont notice the massive hypocracy when you get mad at your farm being stopped?

Seems to me you just want a Lancer nerf so you can cross an item off the list of things that have a chance of killing you.
    • Up x 3
  16. Computiverse

I'd personally love it if most of the long range infantry anti-vehicle weapons were changed so they couldn't snipe from outside of render, and tanks given increased effective range. I just don't like the idea of infantry being able to more effectively kill vehicles at range than tanks can. An op, to be fair, there are a lot of point and click weapons in this game.
    • Up x 1
  17. EliteEskimo

Please, this was a single situation. I can't count the number of times I've had good open field battles ruined by non rendering B.S. if you're allowed to shoot at me I should at least be able to see you and if my aim is good enough, which it is, hit you. I was holding back infantry and.tanks pushing up long enough for other TR to get a foothold and eventually take the base. Farming implies they couldn't fight back, which they did and I had to repeatedly pull back or die, and that I was only killing infantry which I wasn't. If I can shoot at infantry they have no skill lock ons, AV Maxes, and AV turrets to shoot at me. If you think being invisible and invincible while being able to kill other players is balanced that's pretty sad..
  18. Foxirus

Hahaha.. No skill.. Thats a funny one. Why don't you pick up a lancer and try using the only advantage it has, range. See if you can hit anything. Its like trying to hit a dime with a damn needle. If you don't lead perfectly, Or the target shifts even slightly, Your shot is missed, There is a reason its viewed as the worst ESRL by a large number of people. While I Have not looked at the stats in along time, I am pretty certain they reflect how little its actually used.
  19. EliteEskimo

The Lancer is largely regarded as the best ESRL, and in a large number of videos it often comes in first when the comparison is made. Striker easily comes in last. They are used on Emerald on a regular basis.
    • Up x 1
  20. Ghosty11

The velocity nerf to anchor mode was because of the easy air farm when deployed with the AP cannon.
    • Up x 1