HA machine guns

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Marac, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Marac

Am new in this game and I want to ask, is it just me or NC HA default guns are worst out of 3 fractions? Bullet spray is a joke compared to other fraction guns.
  2. KesTro

It is the worst gun to start off with. The Gauss Saw takes the most certs invested into it to make it useful. However, once you've upgraded the thing with Advanced Froward grip, 1-2x/IRNV/Iron sights and a compensator it becomes a thing of legends that many people will whine about. Stay away from the HVA ammo attachment if you stick with it otherwise switch tot he GD-22s, more beginner friendly weapon with a quicker reload. Gauss Saw reload brutal.
    • Up x 2
  3. Liewec123

i keep saying that they should have EM1 as the default HA gun,
    despite all of the hate it receives and marginally slower TTK, it has hilariously low recoil without any attachments,
    put attachments on it and you have practically no recoil, its such a good starter weapon.

ironically SAW is probably the hardest to use LMG in the game with its miss-punishing slow RoF and large recoil.
  4. Marac

Ok will try , ty guys ;D
  5. ATRA_Wampa-One

The Gauss Rifle and Mercenary are pretty decent for starting weapons but as other have said the Gauss Saw was a horrible choice for a starter when something like the EM6/GD-22s would be much better.

That's not to say the Saw is bad though since if you (a) invest in a compensator and adv. forward grip (b) can aim it's easily the best mid-long range LMG in the game.
    • Up x 1
  6. qiray12

Id rather suggest the GD-22s as a starter weapon just for the reason its easy to upgrade (due to low amount of options) and also since all starter weapons of all factions just have the basic attachements on their weapons.

If they just want to change it to any weapon i just say make the gauss saw s the starter weapon (easy to use and with mag sizes its in between the tr and vs).

But once you know your weapons and gonna revisit the gauss saw you gonna love it :p.
    • Up x 1
  7. Krinsee

All LMGs basicly require the ability to burst fire to maintain a usable COF
  8. KnightCole

OMG, if the EM1 was the NC starter gun, no one would be NC....

Only if the EM1 got 167dmg, would it be any good...
    • Up x 1
  9. Liewec123

i don't get the hate for em1, less damage?
    em1, dps 1554
    gauss saw, dps 1667
    infantry (except infils) have 1000 health
    so the difference in TTK is 0.044 seconds

EM1 has a much higher fire rate,
    EM1 has A LOT less recoil,
    EM1 has higher muzzle velocity,
    EM1 reloads almost twice as fast.

it seems to be a trend on here that its just cool to knock EM1, because..."reasons?"
    maybe one pro/idol/mlg star said they dislike it one time? so now the masses feel inclined to dislike it too?

the controllability of the weapon mixed with hardly any downtime makes it an extremely potent force,
    i honestly think if EM1 was the NC starter weapon we'd have EM1 nerf threads.
    • Up x 2
  10. KnightCole

Cuz ive used the stupid thing for nearly 1000 kills at various points in time. It doesnt fire fast enough to kill anything. Sure, its accurate and controllable, and yeah, it sounds cool and all, but its output, despite what those magic numbers say, is crap. The only guys I would kill are ones who were wounded, got head shot with 13 rounds, or didnt fire back.

Perhaps, its more a PS2 Hit detection issue, but either way, I found the EM1 to be a real piece of absolute smoldering trash....

I have had a few times when it seems to work really well, maybe it was hit detect decided to NOT be a *** at the time, but more often then not....it just fails.....

I was on a weakish PC anyway, but I used to have little issue with TTK. I am getting a newer, fair bit better one, so, I might try it again and see if it was my PC's performance killing me......but yeah, never found the EM1 ot be worth much. EM6, SAW, T9 CARV, T9S CARV and even teh TMG50 and GD22s all performed better then the EM1 or T16 ever did....
    • Up x 1
  11. TheKhopesh

The EM1 is pretty bad.

IMO, the NC starter should be the EM6 or the Saw S (preferably the EM6, as it's got the same 167 damage 600 RPM model of the other starter weapons.
    That also means it has the same TTK as the CARV/Orion 143 damage 750 RPM models, where as the Saw S has 577 RPM, which lowers the TTK, and thus would be less friendly to new players.
  12. prodo123

Personally I favor the SAW S over the EM6 almost every time despite its DPS disadvantage. This is because the SAW S has much better recoil, especially with its first shot multiplier. Couple that with the fact that SAW S is one of the few LMGs that can use SPA and you have a very deadly, versatile and accurate close-midrange weapon. For a new player I find it better to start with less recoil and slowly work your way up to the level of the original SAW.

And as others mentioned above I picked the SAW S up at BR 20 ish because of the stupid long reload time of the original SAW...

If only EM1 had 700+ RPM like the other LMGs of its class, or at least 0.75 ADS like the NS15M!

Or, you know, just hand them a GD-22S and go about your business :p but the min/max angle starts to get bad, and hits its worst with the Anchor. They are truly CQC oriented!
  13. Eternaloptimist

Wouldn't that make it an EM6?....now there's a decent starter weapon. Having said that, I quite like the EM1 for close quarters with its relatively high rof and big mag.