ESF Controls messed up

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Discostoff2, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Discostoff2

WTF are you doing with aircontrols its complete ********!!!!!! Dont touch a running system what was rong with the old system?!?!?! If you dont go back to the old controls i want my money back!!!!! It cant be that i have 2 mouse sens in hover and forwardflyte thats complete ******** i cant hit even a tank and i have over 100.000 reaver kills!°!!!!!°
    • Up x 4
  2. Jawarisin

Nothing's controllable anymore, forced acceleration on pitch up/down, the yaw is also completely ******, it's like 1/3 or 1/4 of what it was.

RIP airgame, 2012-2015
    • Up x 1
  3. Copasetic

They changed the control system so gamepads would work on PS4, they tried to get it as close to the old controls as they could, it didn't really work.
  4. SouthFork

Flight Controls Changes
    • The bounded inputs (keyboard,gamepad) now respond in a more predictable and controllable fashion (fail)
    • The mouse (unbounded) input is applied overtime to as-closely-as possible match what previously existed (fail)
    • There will be subtle differences but they should be mostly unperceivable (fail)
    • This does mean controller support for our PC flyers just got an upgrade and you should give it a try! (at the cost of most who use keyboard. Fail)
    • Up x 2
  5. Czarinov

Lol'd. With tears in my eyes.
  6. Gnomemercy

If don't mind the new system will take a couple of days to adjust but this claim that you can no longer fly and hit targets I find lol worthy, so a terrible pilot just got worse.
    • Up x 3
  7. Jawarisin

The only reason you can potentially say that is that you're a completely crappy pilot who gets farmed all the time. And since you can't leave your warpgate without getting killed or crashing, you sure see no difference.

But hey, if you want to contradict me, why don't you link your stats.
  8. Liewec123

as someone who rarely used reaver i think now will be a good time for me to learn since all of the pros are relearning too :p
    • Up x 2
  9. SovietSandwhich

The new ESF controls are absolutely terrible. Flying ESF isn't fun anymore.

I am p*ss*d too, because I just spent good money on getting a 6 month membership and a 6 month boost the other day, and now the thing I find the most fun in the game, flying ESF, is frustratingly terrible to the point I dont even want to touch it.

Unless the devs actually read these, which I don't actually know if they do or not, how do I get in contact with them? How do I tell them that I completely disagree with the changes that they've made to the ESF flight model?
    • Up x 2
  10. Gnomemercy

And yet as you try to troll another thread the skies full of people and they all seem to be doing a fine job of shooting things, adapt and play or just carry on whining in forums, you had ample time to go onto test but let me guess it you went on and did your 30 mins for your helm /care. I'm going back to crashing into the ground and getting killed as apparently that is what I do, enjoy the the whine.
    • Up x 1
  11. Ronin Oni

We did test.

We responded that shoe-horning in analog emulation onto digital input was terrible, and it unbiasedly IS terrible.

but they didn't care, said "well we're doing this anyways"

So I responded "Fine, make our DIGITAL INPUT act like MAXED analog input, IMMEDIATELY, without scaling up"

They don't listen. They don't care.
    • Up x 2
  12. SovietSandwhich

Nearly every single pilot who played ESF in the test and gave the devs input on the potential changes gave the same input:

NEGATIVE

DO NOT IMPLEMENT

It would seem that the attitude of the devs was pre-emptive even, stating to begin with that "we're going ahead with these anyway, wether you like it or not, but you can help make the experience better with constructive input!"
    • Up x 4
  13. Jawarisin

Ya, they listened to that feedback about as much as they read this forum... meaning not at all unless a post is reported.

I suggest cancelling your membership. I mean, get the most out of the boost, but if you can get your money back for the membership or shorten it to 1 month, that's always a good thing.

The less people subscribe, the better.
  14. MasterTater

Thanks for the rework of the controls.

I like the new controls a lot - mouse and keyboard as well as with the gamepad.

Great Job - the maneuverability is much more intuitive and logic now. This will actually make it much better for new players and pilots to get into air combat.

The old controls for ESF were horrible - so thanks a lot again for the rework.

Keep up the good work
    • Up x 1
  15. MasterTater

Actually

I LOVE THE NEW CONTROLS
    THANKS FOR IMPLEMETING

The new controls for keyboard and mouse as well as Gamepad are much better now and more intuitive for new players as well as existing.

Just because 2 or 3 clowns are mentally too rigid to get used to something which is actually much better than the old does not mean that it is bad.

Seriously you described a VERY PERSONAL persectives here which states that the airgame would be dead now - what a bullsheit - it is now even more accessible for new players than the old controls to which some freaks got used to. Just relearn. that even gives new players the possibility to compete against those old freaks that got used to the ****** old ESF controls.

SO

THANKS FOR IMPLEMENTING
    • Up x 1
  16. Discostoff2

You are complete rong i fly over 2 years and everybody i talked too says NO, everybody! Massiv ticket spam at support just started!
    • Up x 3
  17. Discostoff2

But hey performance is perfect 60fps stable everywhere cause nobody plays....
    • Up x 2
  18. Doc Jim

I am positively surprised that they didn't completely destroy joystick support like they did last year when they started messing around with flight controls.

Edit: I might even give air to air combat an other try.
  19. Ronin Oni

You still can't fly. You're only not getting intagibbed in the air because all the good pilots quit in disgust.

Analog emulation forced onto digital input is NEVER a good design. NEVER.

This is an objective fact. Pitch/turning acceleration sucks.
    • Up x 1
  20. SouthFork

Employee or posting this drivel for station cash?