[Suggestion] New anti-tank sniper with new scopes and anti-tank shells and explosive shells

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dragonold103, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Dragonold103

New Sniper for all empires:
    An anti-tank Sniper rifle that can damage any vehicle(s)| States:
    -Very slow reload and walk speed.
    -Has 1 shell in clip and has only 3 shells in total. (can be increase Ammunition Belt)
    -The start off scope is 12x can be increase to 20x
    -The shot noise is very loud allowing any troop from 120m
    -Will be the most powerful sniper in game for vehicles
    -The attachments are 12x to 20x scopes and explosive shells
    -Weapon is only for the infilirator
    -Default shells are anti-tank shells
    -cost is 1,000 certs

New attachments for anti-tank sniper:
    Explosive Shells| Sates:
    -Adds explosive rounds allowing max and min damage to be the same
    -Adds Indirect damage but is the worst indirect damage
    -cost is 1,000 certs

New Scopes| States:
    -14x scope
    -16x scope
    -18x scope
    -20x scope
  2. FateJH

Why does the Infiltrator need a method of directly engaging Vehicles?
    • Up x 5
  3. Xiad

An anti-materiel rifle has already been designed, in terms of artwork at least.

Not that I think it is at all a good idea.

If vehicle damage was more complex than a set number of hit points, then maybe.

But, otherwise, no.
    • Up x 1
  4. Haquim

Can't we wait for the one they are making right now coming to live servers before we demand a new one?
    • Up x 2
  5. Dragonold103

just to allow the infiltrator to be more useful

ok good to know

I didn't know they were making one.
  6. Vostogon

No.
    • Up x 3
  7. FateJH

You mean the Rocklet Rifle? or something else?
  8. Dragonold103

why not, they exist in the real world they not in planetside 2?
  9. DxAdder

They Have already said that the anti-material rifle WON'T be long range and if you think there going to giver infiltrator a render range
    AV weapon that does any significant damage your going to be disappointed.
    • Up x 1
  10. Scr1nRusher

Guys..........

The Anti Material Rifle(the one that we have seen) cannot damage Heavy armor.

But light armor(ESF's,Flashes & Harassers) & MAX units will be taking some damage from it.

Also...... Its going to be long range & It should be on the infiltrator class.
    • Up x 1
  11. Hammerlock

two words : AT Vanguard
  12. axiom537

I would rather give Infiltrators a Laser designator, that would decrease lock-on times or couple it with a new Rocket Launcher, that would require a HA and Infiltrator to work in tandum.
    • Up x 1
  13. Flamberge

With that logic, cloaking, hover tanks, and tons of other stuff in game should be deleted.

That logic does not work in games. Just fyi.
  14. Shellana

I like this idea, but I would make it cause all rocket launchers to act like the striker does to air(IE if a friendly rocket projectile comes within 10-15 meters of the target, it will turn and hit the target) . Make it a pistol item, and it would synergize very well with long range sniping.
  15. FateJH

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
    • Up x 6
  16. MahouFairy

You mean like a pocket one shot basilisk? They damage eeverything.
  17. grazr

People complained about the range of AV mana turrets and now you want to introduce an anti-armour sniper rifle to a class that shouldn't even be engaging tanks to begin with?

Why do we need to water down the class mechanics so much? Isn't it enough most classes have C4, including the medic? Isn't it enough tanks can be killed by just a couple explosives? The only reason anyone pulls these vehicles in the current game state is because of how cheap they are.

However... it would be neat to see a sniper-ish ammo-less secondary/tertiary that replaces either the pistol or sensor dart, that can mark vehicles or act like a heat ray that does slow damage over time so it's more suppressive (and thus unlikely to actually acquire any kills). Though it should include a cooldown like the repair tool so it can't be spammed. Because i'm not exactly sure how a marking system would work for infantry based indirect fire.
    • Up x 6
  18. Jake the Dog

No, no, militaries around the globe are working for those techs.

Give me a real 120-150mm HE (which also in real world might as well mean AP) with a 20m kill radius and a 200m possible injury radius.
    Or my personal favorite: M777 155mm artillery with a range of 17km kill radius of 40m injury radius of 300m and accurate down to five, and would take only a few seconds to traverse from warpgate to warpgate...

Or: Infantry mortars
    Or: High altitude carpet bombers
    Or: White Phosphorous
    Or: IFVs
    Or: Paladins (think mobile m777)
    Or: realistic bullet velocities
    Or: Lasers travel at the speed of light (~300,000,000m/s)
    Or: Drones (with hellfire missiles)
    Or: Advanced anti missile systems
    Or: Realistic vehicle speeds
    Or: realistic jet fighter speed
    Or: gas weapons
    Or: Incendiary weapons

Should I continue what rl has and planetside doesn't? because the list does go on...
    • Up x 2
  19. ColonelChingles

Anti-materiel rifles (AMRs) are not the same as anti-tank rifles (AT). The first exist in today's world. The second were already obsolete by the middle or end of WWII.

An AMR is simply something that you would use against supplies, equipment, or lightly armored vehicles (like a truck or APC). Today these range from 12.7mm to 20mm. But in any case they can't do much to an MBT... maybe knock out a smoke dispenser or some sort of visual sight... but an AMR will do nothing to tank armor.

Anti-tank rifles are no longer used to fight tanks, because 21st and late 20th century tanks were simply too heavily armored to be damaged by mere infantry bullets.

So I would say that because AT rifles don't exist in the real world, then they should not be in PS2. :p
    • Up x 4
  20. sIcGER

seems there are a few snipers who really want to go to damage vehicles

i was in an ammo sundy - just doing what you do with an ammo sundi - support ammo... suddenly there was a damage indicator, but i was a bit confused, because ... i took pretty much 0 damage. so, first i just ignored it, but then, there was another damage indicator followed by another - so, i switched to the m12 kobalt and looked in the direction where the damage had to come from - and killed that single sniper there up a hill - i enjoyed listening to the stat tracker afterwards: 'RAAAGGEE QUIIIT' :D

maybe he would do better with some sort of anti-tank rifle next time :p