Top 5 scummiest tactics

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Ianneman

1. Sniper camping a vehicle terminal

No words, honestly. Holy ****.

2. Tank mining the vehicle spawn

OK, I do this one a lot myself and I piss my pants with laughter every time I'm in a normal fight and suddenly I get like 1000 XP for doing nothing but dropping two mines on a road. But seriously, there's almost no defence and if you put them between little rocks or in the shadow of a tree, there's no way anyone is going to spot them. Still absolutely hilarious though.

3. Ravens bombarding from 300m+ away

FWEEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEE FWEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEE

4. ESF infantry farming.

Everybody hates you guys and you know it. When Bursters get buffed you will have an absolute horde of MAXes relentlessly hunting you. If they could find your corpses they would run to it and relentlessly spam V-6 until you respawn.

5. C4 fairies

Well it's not exactly that scummy, but everybody still hates you. The very fact that the term "C4 fairy" exists and is used so widely says enough about what people think of this "tactic".
    • Up x 9
  2. Ballto21

heavies
    Seriously the easiest thing to do in this game

shotguns
    Honestly, if you kill someone with a shotgun chances are youd have done it with a LMG or carbine or whatever also, but its still a giant "**** YOU, **** YOU, **** YOU, reload, **** YOU, **** YOU,"

NS revolvers
    From every infiltrator ever: Go to hell. Excuse me, enemies *BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM reload noises*
    • Up x 1
  3. DrPapaPenguin

MAX crash. Depending on the numbers it may be an instant win.
  4. Leftconsin

I eat most heavies for breakfast. i'm terrible at this game and the only thing that actually kills me are
    1. OHK stuff
    2. Heavies that have consistent head shots.

This leads me to one idea: Aim is king.

Unfortunately my aim sucks and I can't aim at all.
    • Up x 2
  5. Ballto21

I eat through heavies like its nothing also, however most heavies i do eat through:
    Dont turn on shields, either because of cooldowns or they forget
    Are under BR 50 and just have really low rank shields
    I catch with their pants down (reloading, launcher out, etc)

that doesnt change the fact they are the only class in the game whos special ability has no downsides that play a difference in 90% of all combat scenarios and is effective 100% of the time.

Cloak isnt fantastic indoors and you cant shoot with it on

Engy turrets make you stand still and you only have a 180* FOV,

Medic AOE heal is only good at its support roll

LA jetpacks askew accuracy and remove ADS and can put you completely out of cover until you land at times

MAXes, while still the most op cheese thing in game, have a set cof which is a downside and plays a difference a lot, but the pros still outweigh the cons

Overshield has no detriments at all that play a diference in most instances
    • Up x 5
  6. 0fly0

HA the first time i see them "Oh an infiltrator don't need to shield for this guy", bim hs with ghost, second time i cross him "oh **** infiltrator come back where is my i win button again, here you go eat my lmg loser", but at the end if they get kill too many time, they all end up taking max so i guess max spamming is the most ****** tactic you can see.
  7. wrenched

1. Letting T-Ray whisper in your ear that Vanu should be in the first build
    2. Letting Vanu get away with no negative trait
    3. Playing as Vanu
    4. Forum defending Vanu because 'lore'
    5. Quitting PS2 after only getting back into it for a few days

Same ****, different year...
    • Up x 9
  8. FocusLight

You are so dry and salty, it's like your a pretzel :D

*lick*

mmmmm, prezel's.

Also complaining about NS revovlers? The staple of ever VS infil ever? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA *cough* HA HA HA HA HA!

My shotgun laugh at you, and your silly pretzel frame. It's such a liability to use because of the horrible range that anyone I kill with it had it coming for their incompetence.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ballto21

I know. Read the blam blam blam joke.

Read that i said you probably wouldve gotten the kill anyway but in every game a shotgun of a **** you weapon.
  10. OldMaster80

My favourite:
    Any tank against infantry (lighting included).

Most of classes just have defenses and lighting with Viper c75 can be spammed at will.
  11. HadesR

1. Wraith Flash road kill ... The cheesiest of the cheese ... #no skill required
    2. Bringing a MAX to a 1-5 fight .. ( Seriously had a 2 v 2 yesterday and they brought a MAX .. twice ..and still lost )
    3. Shelling into Tower stair ways from SOE handily placed hills.

Too many to list ...
    • Up x 3
  12. Keldrath

Maxes

Shotguns

Bad snipers

Any vehicle

anything that OHK.
  13. The Hat

1/ Snipers from across the map waiting for you to get damaged then take the shot

2/ Tanks spamming from across the map

3/ ESF's, when theres a really good fight between 2 sides ( on foot ) and they come along and spoil it all for everyone

4/ C4 fairies, blowing up your max with a 1 nanite cost C4, total Wan*ers

5/ Playing as Vanu = EZ mode, no bullet drop, floaty tanks, orion, can't see them as they "Blend in so well in day or night because of camo, awful Empire and the "Slurp" of a cloaker makes my skin crawl, i avoid them at all costs nuff said.
    • Up x 4
  14. Prudentia

abusing enemy coms :eek:
    how scummy i am for shoting someone in the back and then shoting everyone in the back again from a different angle because that one guy called out where i WAS and everyone looks there :D
  15. Liewec123

definitely agree with sniper camping vehicle terminals.
    also:
    armor zergs (air/ground)
    spawn camping (usually goes with the armor zerg)
    roadkilling.
  16. Vayatris

There are no scummy tactics, only ones that succeed and ones that fail.
    • Up x 7
  17. BiggggBRIM

Getting your vehicle C'4 by an HA that you just booted from the gunner spot to make room for an engineer.
    • Up x 11
  18. Plastikfrosch

I messed with 4 guys at a techplant. They were spaming us at the next base with the turrets so i flew over with a stalker and my beamer. Got them out of the turrets and killed them all with my mines and the beamer.
    Those 4 heros came back with 1 Max and 3 shotgun (with mounted darklight) wielding HAs. REALY??? You cant handle 1 single beamer-stalker without such a skill-combo?
    • Up x 2
  19. Auzor

* Stalker infiltrator, waiting for people to pass massively damaged; stalkers waiting near a corpse hoping for a medic.
    (sniping vehicle terminal: only big frustration I have is often you lose the nanites already.. if I bought a tank, where is it? I know mr sniper bullet didn't destroy the tank)

* RL for AI use.

* infiltrator/.. placing AI mines next to enemy sundy.
    I understand there is a risk in moving up to the sundy etc.

* Put C4 on vehicle. Charge. Suicidal attacks in general: use harasser to close, jump out and spam AV mines.

*A2G

* "spawn room shelling"; shelling/camping bases that are badly designed and allow "artillery" tactics.
  20. andy_m

Yet another moaning thread, that all the moaners can chip in on.

Great.
    • Up x 2