Dear Random Gunner Guy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JudgeNu, Mar 7, 2015.

1. JudgeNu

Dear Random Gunner Guy,

I am writing to you today to clear some things up.
    Yes, My Vanguard is locked and before you pull out your C4, I have an explanation.

When I am in my tank, I have many things to consider.
    What loadout do I need? What loadout do I want? Each question requires specific guns that specialize in specific tasks. Not only guns, but I must consider if I want Re-enforced Armor or Radar etc.
    It would do you and I a great service if you knew upon approach to my vehicle what that is and maybe a quick tell to clear up the task at hand.

Sure, if you are in an Outfit you may already know these things...or not.

Recently I have forgot to lock my MBT and a gunner got in.
    I said ok...w/e.
    I tried to PM him and he would not answer.
    This has happened a few times.
    Other times they shoot at things that have no threat and/or firing a Canister at a tank, or a Halberd at a Galaxy, etc.
    All you really do is give the driver a false sense of cooperation as you will bail when he decides he can take the Magrider with a gunner...oh wait!?

So in conclusion, this is why my Vanguard is locked.

Lost in Auraxius

Ddolbok.
    • Up x 6
  2. The Rogue Wolf

This is one of the reasons I only pull Lightnings. :confused:
  3. Ballto21

ill gun for you ddolbok, i may not be fantastic but i know that the canister is worthless against armor
  4. Takara

This is my issue...nothing is more annoying then your gunner pissing off every ESF in sight....HEY TANK OVER HERE COME ANNOY ME WITH NOSE CANNONS WELL MY GUNNER MISSES! Hell half the time my TS3 gunner gets a little over zealous and despite the fact we are using stealth he wants to shoot at something stupid well I'm sneaking up on the enemy armor.
    • Up x 1
  5. Fry_Poncho

That one (many) guy.....:mad:
  6. NinjaKirby

It seems kind of ironic really. The most ****** out and certified tanks are Locked down because Drivers have them engineered with particular tasks and approaches to battle in mind; most of which information can't be known by the random gunner, so they can't risk being used.

Unless the random gunner does actually decide to respond in Proxy or Text chat to learn the drivers "battle plan". So many methods of communication, but they seldom respond.

When young players (under BR20?) climb in maybe they should get a quick-tip pop-up to say, "You are using the: Halberd. Primarily effective against Vehicles up to medium range", or whatever. Oh oh! And maybe even a standard pop-up that says, "Remember to use Num Pad [n] to talk in Proxy to your driver. Reminder: Enemy soldiers cannot hear you".

Something to that end.
    • Up x 3
  7. breeje

should it be C4 or can i put some mines under your tank with an stickynade :D
    i always hate it if some guy locks his tank/sunder
    but i understand how frustrating it must be to be blown up by teammates
    maybe you should find an friend to be your top gunner
  8. EViLMinD

Dumb gunners infuriate me, but I don't like locking. A worthy gunner is huge.

I keep kicking until I get a decent engi. Sometimes I get one. But, more often, I get shot or c4'd. When this happens, I kill the sob. No mercy for such a creep. There must be balance. Justice for their crime. Backstabbing traitors must die.

Another peeve of mine are the idiots who keep jumping back in after you boot em. They force you to lock or kill them. When I'm in my harasser, I drive these rejects out into the middle of nowhere and pitch 'em. This makes me feel better.
  9. Prudentia

it always amazes me how people talk about getting TK'edin their tanks for trivial BS and stuff like that. And then i look in their sig and it's emerald... they really should have called the server Dramatherson by the amount of drama you americans create out of thin air...
    • Up x 2
  10. BOOKEN

Hey bud. I took a break from PS2 for a bit. What server are you playing these days? We should hook up and i will gun in your harrasser! Good times.
  11. JudgeNu

Out of thin air?
    Clearly you are a hater.
    btw it is Americans.
    Good day sir.
    • Up x 1
  12. Jawarisin

Yes please tell them to stop shooting my liberator, it's annoying and it hurts D:
    • Up x 1
  13. KnightCole

LOL, I have only had a gunner like 2 times ever, they did ok. I did not so much... However, it was agood time.

I do feel for you, getting a gunner who likes to randomly fire at **** along the way....you jsut wanna reach behind into the gunner seat and put a EM6 magazine into his head......which by the way, I have no idea how I fit it inside the Vanguard along with my Rocket and its ammo....
  14. FieldMarshall

This may be slightly off topic, but it still about gunning.

Can i just say that gunning for someone is a great way to meet new (PS2) friends.
    All you need to know is basic gunning rules, when to attack/repair etc. and aim.
    If you stay with a random gunner/driver for 10+ minutes, you develop a sort of respect for eachother that doesent require words, assuming you are both "on the same page" ofc.

There has been many times when i have been gunning for people for a while without either of us saying anything other than V commands, and later recieved a friend request from that same person.
    Makes me feel good in the sea of usual rage that goes on ingame.
  15. Serviceman

Opinion from otherside.
    Dear Random Tankdriver Guy.
    I appreciate that you let me be your gunner.
    I will be another pair of eyes and ears for you and i do all to keep us safe.
    I always PM you about my ammo capacity (20, 12, 6 shells left) - why you ignoring my request to regrup and refill ammo?
    I always watch our back and tell about danger targets like tanks and other vehicle - why you still farm infantry or like dog chase less harmful ATV or sundy?
    If my gun cant damage other vehicle i jump out and repair your tank in battle, what gives you extra HP - why you cowardly fall back with half health and let me die?
    If you do some of those things, i ask you - lock you tank before im in and dont waste my time! :D
    • Up x 4
  16. Endlave

I am sad to hear that you had such bad experiences with gunners. It's especially sad because it causes people to lock their tanks and let real gunners be locked out of the fun. I always try to be a good and efficient gunner. When the driver says he wants to stealth, I reply that I will only shoot after him. I only shoot at ESFs if I think I have a fair chance of hitting them or when I already know that they have seen us. I really like gunning...I think it's fun. However, it is frustratingly hard to find a gunner position these days. Even if you see a (1/2) tank driving around, you will never catch up to it since it just drives off alone. And if you actually manage to catch up, you have to pray that it isn't locked. It's annoying. It's tiring. Even so much, that I recently found myself forced to get into driving myself to get at least SOME fun out of tanking. The problem is that I suck at it. Horribly. No one even wants to gun for me, because I can do little more than farm infantry reliably. It really is sad.
  17. CriticalThinker

if im getting shot and i try to get into your vehicle but its locked and i die, i do return and c4 you. team game but you just let me down. die.
    • Up x 2
  18. DashRendar

I've taken out Scythes/Libs/Galaxies single handedly with Halberd. I have the feeling you would be regretful if you kicked me out of your tank based on your qualifications for a "good" gunner.
  19. Khallixtus

Alright, first off, if that's how you see things and that is your attitude, you probably deserve to die. Repeatedly. And you also deserve to never gun for someone, let alone get in their tank.

Anyways, back to the main topic. Having bad gunners is always unfortunate, although I never seem to find them so bad as the ones I see here, and I personally have never been C4ed or Tank Mined by my own team (I play on Briggs, might have to do with that). The other thing is, I only ever run my Prowler for anti-vehicle, seeing as its HE shells don't one-shot infantry unlike the Lightnings HE. I just pull Vulcan, and they realize that they cant actually hit moving infantry at the same time that I'm moving, and they just aim for those other vehicles that we see and that I'm firing at, they seem to grasp the idea of AV better than what your bunch sounds like.
    No one seems to have their Prowlers locked when I play, unless its an outfit platoon rolling around and they don't want randoms to ruin their plans. I also never seem to have such trash gunners, but maybe that's because I'm a pretty bad gunner myself. It is unfortunate that there are such bad gunners out there and force people to do this. My best suggestion is just get some friends or outfit members to gun for you.
  20. Cyrek

Fit a Walker on your tank, players will stop entering your vehicle.
    • Up x 2