[Suggestion] Light Assault: Versatility, not Gimmickry

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Alexkruchev, Feb 2, 2015.

1. MahouFairy

"Id Rather not see it removed but changed to a more team needed platform, IE 3-4 C4 for an MBT, meaning you have to use teamwork for LA to be used as AV."

It has already been like this even before the C4 nerf/ Tank buff. 1 LA destroying a MBT only applies on lazy tankers who deserved to die because they decide that that farming spot is more important than their survival.

Try it when the tank notices you. I'd doubt you'll even reach anywhere near C4 range. Even if you did, any tank can accelerate faster than the sprint plus jetpack speed of the LA to put some distance. What about charging head on against decent tankers who spot you? You rarely see people solo rushing that vigilant tank. You will see many HAs, LA, engineers and medics rushing the tank. I don't have any AV capabilities on my medic and engineer but I still rush at the tank. Why would I do that? Because it confuses the tankers. I don't have C4s, but they don't know that. "Kill me? Ahh you've got the wrong person." *laughs* as the real LA blows the tank up and I get revived.

C4 has already been a team based weapon since release, considering the tactics required to deploy them.
  2. Iridar51

What the OP seems to forget is that C4 is as much an anti-MAX tool as it is anti-vehicle, and as much as I hate AI tanks - I hate AI MAXes more. So the only way you're talking C4 from me is if you remove AI loadouts from tanks and MAXes.

AV grenades are weak, and completely useless as a dedicated AV weapon, especially without grenade bandoleer. You want me to give up my grenade slot and C4 just so I can on occasion do 10% damage to a tank? No way.

Make them do 25% damage to tank's health and let me carry 4 of them without grenade bandoleer, and it's a done deal. Otherwise, no amount of underpowered weapon classes will sate me. Though I'd probably give up C4 for access to assault rifles.
    Really? Spitfires are a big nerf to LA? I barely even see those things in game, let alone have them ruin my day. With such a short range, pitiful damage and one turret per resupply, Spitfires are not an issue whatsoever.
    • Up x 3
  3. Ballto21

How2c4tank with LA if youve been spotted
    >Jetpack higher than its cannon can pan
    >when it moves to aim further up go the best direction
    >Get cover and run
    >Abuse its reload times
    >Go back when it stops chasing you

As someone who has played 654 hours of planetside, 200+ of which as light assault, this is possibly the easiest thing you can ever do.
  4. Ballto21

How to handle a spitfire
    >Kill engineer first
    >Circle strafe turret
    >Laugh
  5. MahouFairy

How to counter all that fancy moves: reverse.

When LA runs out of fuel, shoot.
  6. Ballto21

Very rarely had this happen in anything but very open terrain, which is only the case 5% of the time.
  7. MahouFairy

Smart tankers know that venturing into urban areas without adequate infantry support is suicide itself. I'm sure you know what happens when an armoured column gets ambushed in the city right? Battle of Berlin and Battle of Stalingrad?

Oh and I forgot to mention that while that LA is flying and desperately trying to get close to the tank, nearby infantry allies can shoot him down before he even pushes any buttons. No infantry support? xD You deserved it. :)
    • Up x 1
  8. Ballto21

Alright heres how to do it if the tank has infantry support
    >Suppressed weapon
    >Go from behind
    >Take advantage of tunnel vision
    >Dont kill anyone unless you have to
    >Use cover
    >Exploit the tankers inevitable tunnel vision and sense of security
    >?????
    >Profit

You never, no matter what class you are, deserve an easy instagib. And lets face it, after your first couple hours of C4 LA. you have the basics down and from there its near impossible for you to not get the kill unless you **** up. Its not a prideful moment when you can insta gib a tank just like snipers arent highly skilled because they can OHK a stationary target at 220 meters, a moving target however is a praise worthy event. C4 light assault is easymode AV, accept it.
  9. MahouFairy

Where did the secondary gunner go to? Left behind? Hahaahha don't blame the driver - he was too greedy. Anyone having tunnel vision in this game is already dead.

And no, only the infiltrator can sneak into an enemy nest of infantry and tanks. I'd like to see a LA waltz right in across the open field, shyly avoiding the enemy infantry and slaps some burn packs onto the @$$ of some random tank.

Edit: Oh so LA with C4 is easy mode? Says the guy who has like 17 C4 kills, despite claiming over "200 hours on the LA". Shows something about you C4 right?
  10. Ballto21

Gunners more often than not share in the tunnel vision or are focusing more on seemingly higher threats, such at infantry in a chokepoint at a base, the base itself, enemy air, or other vehicles.

It is easier to sneak behind enemy lines as a light assault than any class save infiltrators because of three reasons.

In mountains, you can move higher, faster and move down faster with low risk of fall damage. Same goes for hilly, rocky, or tree filled terrain.

You can pull a disposable ESF, bail, and jetpack to the ground. Fairly risky but when you land youre fine.

You can pull a turbo flash and move the long way around, maybe even pull from a different base thats close enough, and rush in, get rid of the flash and move on foot.

2easy4me
  11. MahouFairy

Pull an ESF out? Hahaha don't make me laugh. Why would anyone want to spend 350+75+75 or 175+75+75 nanites on taking out a tank? And you don't have a guaranteed chance (factor in human error and luck, or unluck). You might as well spend it on an A2G ESF. You get to reload and rearm.

No, as a gunner, I am focused on taking out those LAs trying to waltz right next to me instead of trying to steal a kill from the main gunner, especially when the area is not secure. If that's how you play secondary gunner, fine by me, but I feel sorry for those tankers who trusted you.
  12. Ballto21

I dont play MBT gunner or driver, if anything i gun harassers. Just because you dont do something, and good on you, doesnt mean most of the population does. And i said one of several options is to pull an ESF, and frankly you shouldnt cae about nanites unless youre planning on going to only pilot/tank. Oh, you spent 9 minutes of nanites on that tank? You actually only spent closer to 3-4 because you get them back while youre going to it.
  13. MahouFairy

Huh? Then why are you speaking for MBTs when you don't even use them? You are just making blind assumptions. I too, used to think that LOLpods were OP until I actually bought one and used it.

Earlier you mentioned that the secondary gunner would be too occupied with firing at enemy positions than looking around. That's fair enough if you are in a Harasser, because it was never meant to stay still for more than 10 seconds in a battle at any given time anyway. However, things work differently when you are a gunner for a MBT.

People use different methods to kill regardless of cost? Fair enough. I too, use Kamikaze Galaxy and Jayehard Flash methods because I find it amusing and fun. And like I've said, it isn't foolproof, so you'll just be wasting your resources (but for the sake of mad fun right).
  14. Ballto21

I dont gun or drive tanks but i do play a lot of light assault. Or used to, i need to level my terran because the terran carbines are amazing. But as someone who knows how easy it is to blow up tanks with C4 if youre smart even at basic levels its ridiculous. My issue doesnt stem from ******** over getting killed by c4, it stems from the fact that any idiot with 700 certs can easily become rambo, especially with regeneration implants. Walking behind tanks and dropping c4 on them, regardless of whether its alone or with infantry is possibly the easiest thing i have ever done in this game to date. I dont think any class or player, other than engineers because tank mines and utility pouches, should be able to instagib a tank without help from a friend. It takes the feeling of a massive conflict between three factions in the future where you need to work with a squad or platoon to achieve your objectives when you can do everything but cap a base on one of the continents thats not empty alone.
  15. MahouFairy

We do LA C4ing on a platoon level scale (HMRD mass rushes are always fun).

Like I said, I don't get how anyone can walk to slap the @$$ of the tank I'm protecting, even if I'm on foot. If that LA dropped from some building, that's fine, because tanks were never meant to go urban anyway.

2 things you should learn:
    You don't expect the game to change for you - you change for the game.
    This is a war, not a pillow fight. Bombs are meant to blow things up, not scratch the paint job.

Nerfing whatever lethality that's left in this game will not improve gamplay and teamwork by any bit.
  16. Ballto21

I know he game doesnt change to the will of players unless its called for en masse
    im also aware that its a war, something you should get aware of, along with everyone else who seems to not realize, is that tanks are designed to be armoured death machines. In game it seems silly they cant defend against c4, especially when they can defend against mines. If you cant find a way to solo *** slap an MBT with c4 even if its being guarded by either infantry or a gunner than maybe you should learn how to flank and sneak around better. Maybe play infiltrator for awhile, youll learn the sneaking mindset.
  17. MahouFairy

I do that because I like spamming my semi auto sniper at pointblank.

And it isn't that I can't sneak around, it's the enemy LA that can't sneak around. Seriously, with such an open field, who can get past unnoticed? Except infiltrators of course.

Yes, tanks are armoured death machines... At 35 yards. At 5 feet, it's the safest place to be. That is an actual quote from a WW2 US officer by the way.
  18. Ballto21

Thats true, but the point is 1000 years in the future or whenever the hell this game is based, it seems safe to assume wed have found a way to armour our tanks to be resistant enough to c4 to warrant the enemy needing a coordinated strike. And yes, specter point blank hipfire is fun as is x2 scope phantom, or whatever the nc/tr equivalents are.
  19. Selrahc4040

The two characters in your so signature have a cumulative 15 hours as Light Assault, and 17 C4 kills. Where are the other 285 hours you claim to have as LA?
  20. Ballto21

[IMG]
    Long story short, quit a year ago, came back, decided to delete my br 93 TR and 96 VS to redo gun medals, certs, relearn the game under the guise of a noob, etc