Why are NC and TR doing worse than vanu on alerts?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vortex-5, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Kriegson

One requires you to be within 50 meters to a target for maximum damage, to say nothing of scatter. One does not.

As for best aircraft, I would say easiest aircraft. The one anyone can hop into and wreck people with, because more often than not that's what you need to happen.
    At least on connery, it's about 1 reaver to every 5 scythes on the map at any given time in my experience.

I wasn't even able to learn how to fly until I switched to TR due to the utter lack of friendly air support and massive hitbox of the reaver.
    With maxed AB, maxed racer, completely modded out rotary with a skilled pilot who knows how to rock the reverse manuver, sure it's pretty good. With racer 1, half maxed AB, FS 1 and stock rotary...well try it a bit on connery and let me know how long you last.
  2. JudgeNu

3. Kriegson

An excellent real life example of this is the AK-47. You make a cheaply manufactured, reliable, easy to use weapon and people will take it every time over technically "better" weapons. The orion is the AK of planetside, it is the standard of which all other infantry weapons are held to.

Especially in the case of the VS. Many of them are so jaded they literally think the rest of their weapons are gimped and that the orion is the only "Good" gun. Like the orion is the baseline instead of the outlier.
  4. Reclaimer77

The premise of your argument is that NC weapons are harder to use? Well, you're wrong, so you fail.

And these percentage numbers....are you getting them from a source or just making them up? I call BS on them, you are just pulling numbers from your Nanites.
  5. RemingtonV

I mostly play NC and more recently been picking up as a TR (due to joining a outfit on there). On both sides I have seen that we generally want to avoid fighting the VS. It usually goes down like this

1. Join outfit platoon for the alert
    2. We decide to go fight, usually VS has more territory so we attack them first
    3. Fighting the VS becomes frustrating as they spam MAXes and thier Magriders climb over hills and into bases where no other vehicle can get, thier ESFs start going A2G, but we cant pull AA because our MAXes are too busy trying to take out those Magriders that are still hammering us and strafing behind buildings. We try our own ESFs but they get out numbered 2-3 to 1.
    4. Regular enemies take down our infils, even at long range. Our regular troops are screwed. If this is a area with a good view distance, we are majorily screwed. While VS have larger cones of fire, thier lack of bullet drops allows them to pick us off while we are still trying to lead our shots up. If it is dark or on Hossin, where visibility is low, we cant see the VS before they see/shoot us.
    5. Some how a team of VS infiltrators have either gotten behind us or appeared in a location that should have been impossible to get to.
    6. We loose several battles, either having our attack repelled or they destroy our defense.
    6-A. The VS are over running the base, most of our men are camped inside the spawn rooms. Some yell at them to push out as the cap timer ticks down. I usually get pissed and start C-4 TKing anyone who refuses to leave the room.
    6-B. In the event that we take a territory we have about 30 seconds before a massive VS armor line rolls in, complete with dodgy/strafy Magriders and ungodly Sundyspam. Usually with the VS having a extra platoon of reinforcements. We lose the territory a few minutes later.
    7. We desperately call for reinforcements from command, but most are busy with similar situations in pretty much every VS battle.
    8. We say screw it and agree to go attack the NC/TR.
    9. We attack the NC/TR and have genuinely enjoyable back and forth fights. Usually saying in yell chat that we both mutually hate the VS.
    10. End of the alert nears, more and more NC/TR fight each other, just trying to get a decent amount of xp and cert points without dying every 5 seconds.
    10-A. Sometimes we just check out around this point to go to another continent where we can actually win a few times.
    11. That team of VS infils followed us and are now either in a tree or on a mountain spawn sniping both the NC and the TR.
    12. Alert ends, VS wins, Continent locks, NC and TR start yelling at each other for not fighting the VS more.
    • Up x 3
  6. KirthGersen

I just farm VS on alerts or redeploy if I can't.
    It's simply NOT INTERESTING to fight (I even can't call it a fight) with headless and mostly very low skilled zergs who only wins with 2X overpop.
    But, if used right, they can give a plenty of certs, such as few hours ago on Miller, on Hossin alert.
    Me with my buddy (gunner) trashed a lot of VS armor and - I'm proud of it - many, many deployed sundies.
    It was definitely a game killing at some bases and I think it's just right thing to do with VS due to their playstyle.
    Even if they win, they know who they are.
  7. Xasapis

Lots of hilarious points. I especially enjoyed the no drop is op. Extra points for the VS infiltrators going where no other infiltrator can go.
    • Up x 1
  8. KirthGersen

The only "OP" thing VS have is their number (sometimes).
  9. Xasapis

How do you explain NC having the highest population worldwide, while VS having the worst retention of new players from all three empires?
  10. MikeyGeeMan

Arnold voice pack
    • Up x 2
  11. Xind

Actually, the deciding reason to reroll NC for me.
  12. RemingtonV

I like the TR's Artyom (Metro 2033) VP
  13. Flag

Mercenary > Gender-bent Arnold.

Just sayin'.
  14. Xind

Yeah, the female Arnold confuses me immensely. Still better than "Generic Russian Guy/Girl."
  15. Flag

Or the "PLEASE MAKE IT STOP MY EARS ARE BLEEDING FROM YOUR WHINY VOICE THAT'S SO ZEALOTY!" that VS got. ;_;
    • Up x 1
  16. Xasapis

I like my witch of the wilds voice pack for the VS female ;)

(aka Zerg Queen)
  17. Flag

Wait what?
    If you use the Zealot pack I think I have to hate you now.
  18. Xasapis

"Back to your spawn tube ... insect ..."
  19. Goretzu

It is, and generally things are still as balanced as they have ever been (balance has been pretty good for over a year now in fact) - certainly things change, but largely in ways that have balanced out (Banshee nerfed, Vulcan buffed - needed on Prowler, not needed on Harrasser).

But equally from Nov 30th:

Then Dec 10th:

Currently Jan 28th:

So TR have dropped a bit (as has VS) and NC have gained a bit, but still strangely the VS is way out in front.
  20. moriarrr-ceres

Most of the alerts happen at night. Since (i don't know why) we have more otaku not sleeping and ghost capping every alerts.
    This is like that on Cobalt since launch.