The GLORIOUS Vehicle Buffs... and Why They Suck.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AlterEgo, Jan 22, 2015.

1. AlterEgo

Tanks are getting stronker!!!
    Tanker reactions:
    [IMG]

At the same time, the assault classes, the classes that specialize at infantry and vehicle killing, hence their names, have been indirectly nerfed. I will place greater emphasis on Heavy Assaults, as most seem to have forgotten that the Heavy Assault still exists because of the more noticeable C4 nerfs, which is used mostly by Light Assaults.

If vehicles do indeed receive these buffs, then I want ONE thing:
    Make rocket launchers stronger as well. It does not seem fair as to how a Vanguard currently takes 5 rockets to the front, and, along with a THIRTY TO FORTY % increase in health, may be able to take 7-10. Therefore, I request that basic rocket launchers have velocity massively increased to 100, and carry an additional rocket, that the vehicle lock-on launchers receive a 50% faster acquiring time, and that the ESRLs each receive special buffs:

Phoenix: Faster velocity, better handling, and damage is increased to 1,000, with resistance values being the same.

Striker: Double the magazine, allow it to Coyote lock on vehicles, and decrease the CoF.

Lancer: Increase damage to each charge tier by 150, increase velocity by 100 for each charge tier, and reload speed is decreased by a second.

Let's see what happens when indirect nerfs take place to the class that is SUPPOSED to deal with vehicles. This'll be most interesting, I'm sure.
  2. z1967

link is kill

EDIT: link is not kill
    • Up x 1
  3. AlterEgo

What link do you speak of?o_O
  4. DashRendar

Lancer needs velocity improvement? Well I'm out of ideas.
    • Up x 7
  5. z1967

link is no longer kill, now its an image.
  6. AlterEgo

OH, that can be explained...
    But the explanation can wait:p
    Also, what do you think of this thread? Do you support vehicle buffs only, do you welcome launcher buffs as well... be honest, man! Speak your mind!:)
  7. Xind

Can't buff the projectile velocity of the default dumbfire because then it will be better than it will be used exclusively for AI purposes. Same thing sort of goes for the phoenix, can't let it OHK infantry from around the corner in cover.

Like the striker buffs, though. ^_^
  8. ColonelChingles

Again, for those of us who haven't been playing the game for months, these changes are the result of a long promised series of TTK reductions across the board. The point is that infantry AV is going to be nerfed. All of it. The long range AV as well as short range AV.

Back in the August 5th patch, when vehicle AI options were heavily nerfed, the Devs explained their reasoning behind that nerf.

The Devs did not think that vehicles were too strong against infantry. Rather they thought the TTK of everything was too low, and their goal was to increase TTK. They referred to this as "excess lethality".

Nerfing vehicle HE and HEAT cannons, along with Liberator weapons, was the first step. Followed by Magrider PPA nerfs. Then Mosquito Banshee nerfs. These have all been nerfs to vehicle AI capabilities under this TTK reduction campaign.

Now after half a year of only nerfing vehicle AI capabilities, the Devs are finally making good on their promise and nerfing infantry AV capabilities. Sure they've left the game unbalanced for half a year, but they have a habit of introducing half-baked programs (the camo changes and the resource revamp all fall into the same category).

Notice how they're not blindly buffing tanks... there are no improvements to tank weaponry involved. Hence tank TTK against infantry isn't going up... just infantry against tank TTK.

So if there are indirect nerfs to AV infantry, that's fine. It's what we were promised, and what infantry willfully overlooked when vehicle AI options were nerfed. If you don't want these vehicle buffs to happen, then I'd be fine with scrapping the entire TTK reduction program and reverting all vehicle back to a pre August 5 state as well.

But infantry simply can't have their cake and eat it too.
    • Up x 13
  9. iller

"Stronk" has little to do with Hitpoints alone.

HA's aren't stronk because they have a Shield, they're Stronk because they still get access to Automatic Weapons that perform close to Assault Rifle TTK's. Tanks are already Stronk when crewed properly by people who can make the giant collision hulled "AP Tank Shells" connect with the hitboxes of infantry/MAXes. ...same goes for their gunners, especially Saron gunners. Approxinmately the only time that Hitpoints alone matter, is when you have those outfits who shove 4+ HA's into a galaxy and drop them literally on top of MBT's. And you can bet we'll actually be seeing way more of that soon when the Tank HP gets through TEST. People LOVE abusing any tactic (but at the same time hate facing it) in online games which does not give the other player a chance to "escape the DPS". This has been the single greatest constant I've noticed in MMO's since the days of UO.

The name of the game has always been and always will be "GANK GANK GANK". The only series I can think of to date which allowed skill to surpass Spiking-potential has been Tribes and even that had to have a big Asterisk added when HiRez made their version where Automatics reigned supreme. Changing a few numbers around won't ever change that so long as there's a way to "game" TTK.
  10. Hiperion

i would mind only if they buff fractures
  11. AlterEgo

Fractures and Vortexes have both received range buffs. No damage or accuracy stats changed, just render range.
  12. vincent-

Why buff tank than if you're going to change the weapons against them which was the point of the change from the start. How about you think for a minute and actually see that this is good. Any and all fights I've been in there are literally 10 heavy vs me I'm good but not invincible when everyone wants me dead. 1 tanker or a 2 tanker isn't going to be too much for 50 guys shooting rockets in his face.
  13. Pikachu

Maybe the OP wants the STK increase only in tank vs tank battles.
  14. Pikachu

What when? The first post abput all this tank buff saod raven nerf range and vort and frac done the same. :confused: Speakinc of fracture, we all want thr velocity and drop and acceleration and damage nerf from pu2 undone. :mad:
  15. Liewec123

prepare for more of this...
    [IMG]
    • Up x 8
  16. Pikachu

Oh yes we can. We dont have the render issue anymore and the average airhead just needs to strafe a little back and forth rather than stand there and let the blue glowing screaming missile hit his face. :mad:
    • Up x 1
  17. AlterEgo

Then remake Vortex and give us plasma cannons instead. I want the one from XCOM: Enemy Within's MEC unit.
  18. Pat22

Here's my problem with the tank buffs:
    It's not that they'll be harder to kill as infantry, it's that we won't be able to protect our sunderers against MBTs except with other MBTs.
    As it already is, if an MBT gets LoS on a sunderer it takes easily 6-12 people to both keep the sunderer alive and force the MBT away, and I say force the MBT away because the only way that MBT is going to die is if it's dumb enough to stick around and take missiles to the face or get C4'd. Any tanker with a brain will pull back behind cover and infantry won't be able to follow fast enough to get a kill.
    Plus, over the past couple of months, both the Vulcan and now the Enforcer have gotten buffs that increase their DPS. So while tanks may or may not be able to easily farm infantry, they sure as hell can tear sunderers apart.

The stupid way to fix this problem would be to also increase sunderers' HP pool but then you're pushing all vehicles basically in the "can't reliably be killed by infantry" zone. Tanks and Sundies too tough, Harasser too fast, aircraft just **** when they take a scratch, etc...
  19. Xind

I had a guy fail to render today until I was within Pump Action range of him...so my confidence in projectiles rendering better than that is low.

None the less, there doesn't need to be ANY more incentive towards using AV weapons against infantry.
  20. AlterEgo

Pretty much.