C4 - Really?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Whale, Jan 11, 2015.

1. z1967

An interesting idea, and I very much like your suggestions. I think, if anything, a C4 nerf should come with LA getting some sort of close-range focused, high DPS AV weapon like a rocklet rifle (or an RPC, higby pls). This weapon allow LA an AV option, justify a nerf/rebalance to C4, and possibly shift people away from the HA for AV duty.

All in all, I really do like your ideas, and agree with all of them sans minute details.
    • Up x 1
  2. Jackplays17

C4 is fine. Dont be stupid, and you cant die to it. Look around you every 20 seconds. Dont just sit there shelling an enemy base. I cdant tedll you how many nubs iv killed with c4 because there very stupid... Also, Maphacks are godly.
    • Up x 2
  3. Cz4rMike

C4 is fine, if you let LA blew you up with it - it's your own fault. If you let it come to your tank unnoticed, guess what, your fault too...

There is more and more of crying bad players on forum who want the game easier for their playstyle. They refuse to learn and would rather have game changed towards their needs. That's really sad how bad majority of today's gamers are...
    • Up x 2
  4. Smoovious

alright, I don't wanna get into the whole C4 is OP/!OP thing... C4 is supposed to pack a punch to begin with, so no big deal there to me.

the amount you can carry, limiting to 1 without a deployable pouch seems reasonable, but I have more issues with the deployable pouch and that it is only for AT mines instead of deployables like the description says, so I wasted a bunch of certs upgrading it but can still only carry 2 bettys... but that's a whole other thread...

the ridiculous part of C4 to me, however, is being able to throw it as if it is a grenade.

drop mines and bettys all you want... throw grenades further, all you want... but C4 is a different tool. it should only be able to be attached to something.

you drop or throw C4, and you have a better chance of damaging the receiver/detonator than you do detonating the explosive itself.

just because the majority wants things one way doesn't mean they're right, and the way things are now, in many aspects of the game, pretty much demonstrates that.

-- Smoov
    • Up x 1
  5. Whatdayisit

C4 seems fine and dandy for the risk and effort required to place it.
  6. Trebb

Except for maybe invisible Ji-had Flashes. But man is it so satisfying to insta-kill annoying tankers that are farming your base. Those 40-50 infantry you kill farming a base? They aren't NPCs, they get annoyed and some of them will fight back!
    • Up x 1
  7. iller

Source?

Preventing it from tracelining through Spawn Walls and around solid geometry was not a "NERF" by the way so all the fixes related to that utter horse pucky don't count....
  8. Problem Officer

Here's my take on a rework, no damage/radius/count/cost specified:
    • Not linked to remote by default, remote trigger does nothing.
    • Hitting interact key on a brick the user owns links that specific brick to the user's remote.
    • Remote detonates only linked bricks.
    • Unlinked bricks are still detonated by damage and chains, so if multiple are placed at once, only one may need a link.
    • Deconstructed alongside Tank Mines by Engineers.
  9. K2k4

Any time I see one of these threads I cringe. Seriously what do you think this game would be like if every infantry player was completely useless against tanks because there was no way to kill them effectively with c4. It's already bad enough when you are outside of the walls of a base and any tank with a gunner or thermal can instagib you with no warning. At least allow so that a player who is good enough to sneak up ona tank in the x axis the ability to kill it.

Tankers want nothing more than to be utterly OP in this game. You already have more speed, health, and firepower than infantry, so why are you crying to be even more threatening! ?

I can understand concerns about c4s lack of hit markers but honestly I wish grenades didn't have them either.
  10. stalkish

My opinion on C4 is its too versatile, it seriously damages everything in the game, while being able to be carried by 4/6 classes (the most popular ones btw, wonder if its related in any way..?..)

My suggestion - 2 types of c4

AP C4 - mechanics work as they do now, can be tossed / stuck to anything, same damage output. Only diff to current c4 is that the AP c4 does 100% of its damage to the target its stuck onto, it also does AP damage (or whatever the modifier is to kill heavy armour vehicles), however it does 0 splash damage (or perhaps very small radius 0.1m or something) so cant be used to kill groups of infantry (who are encouraged to bundle up with such things as the medic aura / shield bubble). This c4 would have the same magnetic mechanic as the current AV grenades and so could be stuck to maxs aswel as tanks, but would have to be stuck to kill the max.

HE C4 - this would also have the same mechanics as current c4, the diff is this iteration is all splash damage and cant harm heavy armoured vehicles, could boost splash radius to compensate maybe. This would be the max killers choice, even though the other can still kill maxs this can do it with splash.

This small simple change means no1s playstyle is removed. The counters for tanks and maxs remain the same, and the ability to hit clusters of troops remains the same. Only diff is players would have to choose how to outfit themselves, do they take the AP c4 incase a tank shows up, or do they take the HE c4 to be better equiped against maxs and infantry.

TLDR in bold
  11. stalkish

I agree with some of your thoughts, vehicle thermal should never have been a thing, infantry are small and can hide within terrain its why vehicles have (had) high explosive stuff - they can cover an area in explosives as area-denial. But with thermal they can accurately target infantry 100s of meters out with high radius high explosive weapons designed for area denial, its no wonder tanks and tankers are targeted by the nerf herders, the combination is/was far too effective.

I will say tho that c4 as it is didnt exist in ps1 and indeed didnt exist in games as a whole until recently (last 5-10 yrs), those game handled perfectly well without it. Although id argue that with the current layout of bases / terrain in ps2 c4 is a requirement, so i half and half agree / disagree there. Plus i find the ablsolute best and most effective / efficient way of dealing with camping vehicles is to get your own AV/AV vehicle, not the only way (max AV is damned good) but a very effective one.

When im tanking im looking to engage enemy vehicles, infantry are secondary and i ignore them if i can, which means i ignore infiltrators most of the time (sometimes to the point they are jumping all over my tank), but thats it. Beyond that i have to be watching out for other MBTS, lightnings, harassers, sundys, ESFs, liberators, galaxys, HA rockets / lancer, engineers AV mana turrets, Max AV weapons, aswel as whilst moving (which is already a must to avoid c4) trying to spot AT mines and whilst repairing watching out for the wraith flash or sniper waiting to take me out, and of course c4. And to top it off, if you manage to train yourself to spot and deal with all that whilst constantly being a large target with nowhere to realy hide and since your the slowest vehicle in the game, no where to run either, you get the wraithed flashes with a vengence vendetta and 2 x c4 attached to the front of their vehicle just waiting for you to engage another tank and then bam, insta dead.

TBH i can kinda understand some people crying OP on forums, personaly im fine with the c4 damage output, see my post above for my view on slightly altering c4.
  12. The_Blazing

It allows all infantry classes but one to instagib vehicles that don't have the mobility, elevation angle or proper weapon type to counter them. This is intended, and it is part of a larger update, featuring, among other things, the renaming of the game to Infantryside 2.
    • Up x 1
  13. MahouFairy

Thermal vision is fine, as it only makes it easier for inexperienced gunners to see better at night (I hate the VS at night without proper thermal or NV visions). They have been nerfed as hell already. Plus, the driver is at a severe disadvantage in long or medium range tanks fight if he or she didn't equip zoom optics.
  14. iller

Too bad its popularity is not inherently in being used against only vehicles...

...or even vehicles being proportionately the main place it's abused.
    [IMG]

My recommendations:
    • Unify "Arming Time" between Mines, and C4 ... there's no reason at all we should have to rote memorize 2-3 timings
    • Don't start the"arming time" clock until it's touches the ground.
    • Apply the same particle glow to falling C4 that Grenades have, until it physically comes to a rest state
    • Show the IED graphic on the Radar while it's in a Falling / Sliding state.
  15. Jachim

No, it hasn't. Not a single time has it been touched since launch.

It's time they actually focus on fixing it.
    • Up x 1
  16. Goretzu

It is certainly fine when used by anything but a LA.

Basically having to place it, rather than just throw it would make it fine everywhere.
  17. Scorponok

it has been touched....delayed timer etc...saying its not been touched at all is a outright lie..i dont like C4...but i cannot agree with you on that point.Was it a good nerf? thats up for debate, but it has been touched.People like to put their own opinion in as facts.
  18. Tykune

C4s still have that bug where you detonate it and it does no damage to players.
  19. Scorponok

haha ive not been lucky enough to feel that bug :p
  20. MahouFairy

What's the difference between getting blasted by a medic or a LA when you park your tank in the middle of nowhere? If you didn't bother to check your *** then you probably deserved it.

I don't throw my C4. I place it on the *** of an enemy tank to get a guaranteed kill. Throwing isn't really an issue and most people will place it to get a guaranteed kill instead of trying to look cool.