TR vulcan is rediculously OP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gunnner10, Jan 9, 2015.

1. FrozenCustard

Oh no, a weapon has an insignificantly faster time to kill than other weapons.
    • Up x 2
  2. ComradeHavoc

That's on PTS.
  3. Krishtov

People are forgetting something: It isn't TTK completely - it is also ROF while on the move.

The Vulcan is significantly superior to shooting people while being on the move because less damage is in each shot than NC, NS, or VS weapons. Though there isn't a way to "fix" this on the TR side. The only real way to make it more balances is to increase ROF on VS and NC systems while also decreasing their damage per shot to keep TTK close....

Of course I expect to be ran off the forum for even suggesting this. I'm not saying take away the TR's gatling gun baby - I'm only suggesting a SLIGHT increase on the VS/NC sides.
  4. Foxirus

THIS. People do not understand that it isn't the Vulcan that is causing it. ITS THE HARASSER. That thing is simply too fast. It can climb any hill, Get to places no other vehicle can and is almost as good as an ESF at picking and choosing its fight.

Harasser logic: Took a shot, health at 51%. Smash turbo in any direction. No matter what is in front of you if it has the slightest incline you will blast over it and fly away, effectively avoiding any further damage while your engi in the back seat pads a 3rd shot.
    • Up x 2
  5. Krishtov

Yes, this is true too.

Though I re-iterate that the Vulcan on a vehicle like the harasser is part of the issue. It can hit more WHILE moving. Where-as other weapons have varying success. Halberd requiring the most "aim" as it is a one-shot deal.
  6. Foxirus

Since you won't post the video, Someone else did. Looks to me like your argument just got wrecked.

And the Vulcan is fine. Did you not see the video of the TTK's being pretty much the same minus MILLISECONDS? Its because the harasser allows it to move in and out of battle to quickly.
    • Up x 1
  7. z1967

The vulcan is a bit too good against MBTs. I don't think the Harasser Vulcan needed a buff that was the same as the Prowler Vulcan.
  8. Flag

Only the Vulcan doesn't have to reload against tanks, but it has to against Sunderers.
  9. FrozenCustard

10. Flag

Don't care.
  11. FrozenCustard

So you don't care that the enforcer can take out a sunderer just as fast as the Vulcan and Saron can at close range, but keeps that TTK for longer ranges?
    • Up x 1
  12. TheMish

I have more experience driving a Vulcan-H and manning the Vulcan than I do with getting hit by it.

I can tell you this, it's very hard to get the job done with a Vulcan-H. Because getting there is hard, the NC and VS get long range weapons, their effective range is much higher.

Now I haven't mounted an Enforcer on my NC Harasser, I've gunned for one though, I do have a Saron on my Harasser and shot it.

Those two can attack from pretty much any range and be deadly.

The Vulcan-H has to get up close, very risky considering one rocket, or hit from a tank, and I have to bolt out of there.
    • Up x 3
  13. Flag

Nope.
    Because this changes when you swap out the target vehicle.
  14. FrozenCustard

Ah, I think I get you now. It's ok for it to kill a vehicle insignificantly faster in its optimal range but if it becomes more than insignificantly faster in its optimal range then thats a big no-no to forumside.
    • Up x 1
  15. Xasapis

If the buff was "insignificant", you wouldn't see the numbers of Vulcan Harassers jump up three times already and climbing.

On the opposite side, you can see how devastating the nerf was to the PPA-H when it dropped from 6 times the numbers of the other empires to today's half, if that.
    • Up x 2
  16. Thornefear

Video's not that obscure. There's a guy who uses it as his sig.

As to whether you respect me or not. I really don't care, you assume you are someone whose respect matters to anyone. You tout a banner and act as though you are supreme, your own comment " I stopped reading at:" is the same manner of thing seen elsewhere on the forum. You really aren't that special.

The fact that you get so jumpy on my comment on the 666th amuses the hell out of me. I really am not the only one who doesn't take them seriously. At least not on Connery. They claim to have and use military tactics, but they only have numbers. I've seen an entire tank line spread itself out and get laid low, because they insist on trying to run over heavies over 100m away instead of shooting. Plenty of times I have seen members of the 666th be so excited that they killed someone, that they stop and teabag the corpse, only to get killed immediately by a headshot. Is that what the "serious" and "skilled" 666th wants to continue to stand for.

Don't get me wrong, I respect a Good opponent. I've made friends that way. But on Connery the 666th is actually shameful. Some of my outfit members left the NC specifically because they didn't want to be associated with the mindless zerging that's been occuring. Every faction zergs, but man no one zergs as blindly as them. They do NOT cover their flanks (which I expect from someone touting military tactics) I rarely see more than 2 libs as air support. The only time they worry me as an opponent is when they pull sundies, because that's a lot of sundies to clean up.

I don't doubt the 666th has military members, that's not a difficult claim, our honored military play a lot of games such as this online and they are everywhere, I would say it's the unique outfit that doesn't have someone from the military in there, active or not. But until they stop despoiling the name of our military by claiming to use their fighting style, and indeed change their own flailing tactic, they earn no respect and no honor save from the blind.
    • Up x 1
  17. Cyrek

I nosegun down harassers all the time on my ESF, maybe its time we've get some practice flying. So, on the subject of the vulcan, I made some research, for the benefit of everyone of course, the vulcan can reliably hit the sides of an MBT effective from up to 100m, this range can change when hitting from behind or to the front, against other harassers 50m, almost mouth to mouth range; so with this fact established I would suggest players to pick the side armor cert for extended survivability. Any other significant problems related are only awareness issues from the players.
  18. SinJackal

It could be that no one with a brain larger than a sesame seed balances a weapon around only Sunderer TTK, while ignoring ridiculous overperformance in roles outside of it's intended purpose (anti-infantry, anti-air) AND overperformance within it's intended role (anti vehicle) . . .in addition to being childishly easy to use even with very minimal skill or even gaming experience in general.
  19. FrozenCustard

1st - This thread is about how the Vulcan "shreads" sundies when in fact the other two do so just as fast from longer range.
    2nd - Not so sure on the damage for infantry/aircraft. Might need some resistances changed possibly.
    3rd - It's intended roll is to over perform in close range, while underperforming at long range.
    4th - Experienced crews hold trigger discipline until they are close because they know that the need to hold the element of surprise and get as close as possible. Any of the weapons would be bad for a new player.
    • Up x 1
  20. MahouFairy

Edit: oops I didn't read it properly ps