Charger drop rate will not sustain implants

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Anti-Skub, May 23, 2014.

1. Anti-Skub

Please stop replying to this thread if you aren't going to read it.
  2. Chazt

Here's an idea, how about the implants only drain when their effect is in use? Really.
    • Up x 1
  3. Anti-Skub

You are a member and therefore receiving implants and chargers 50% faster than free players (still haven't confirmed that the implants drop faster with XP boosts but it looks a lot like it).

Remove your increased drop rate and you are looking at more like 20-25 minutes of downtime, and again, that is assuming you are capable of getting the SPH required to maintain that, lots of people are not.

A new player who isn't very good at the game and still spends a lot of time running around not knowing where to go is going to end up with more downtime than up.
  4. Ronin Oni

Have fun paying money to do it :rolleyes:

Hey, at least you're supporting the game I guess.
  5. Ronin Oni

I've covered this.

If they do that, then energy use when in effect would skyrocket.

The constant low energy drain they have now is balanced with the idea that a fair bit of your time has no implant use...

And all you have to do is equip non-implant loadouts when the action is low. Voila.
  6. Epic High Five

Anything from 0 to 20,000+? I'm not sure the nature of this question

How much does running the implant for 20 minutes earn you? Probably not much if any, even if you're being generous. But apparently it's still a huge deal
  7. lNeBl

The charger drop rate definitely sustains implants. I use them constantly and my charge rate is actually increasing over time due to the # of charger drops.
  8. Epic High Five

So am I and if you cut the rate at which I'm gaining these by 1/3 I'd STILL be ahead. This is my primary point. I've played like maybe 10 hours since the implants dropped, have been running Battle Hardened (0.75/sec) 100% of the time, and am ahead by 80,000 energy right now. I just cannot spin that in such a way that there are people who are really hurting for energy that are ACTUALLY playing the game. Will snipers who get horrible SPM and KPH have as many as a full time medic? No, but good, we want to encourage more support classes and less snipers.

Are you guys just relying entirely on charger drops and not recycling implants into energy? You realize you only need 1 implant to use it on all loadouts right? You don't need 4x Hold Breath I, 2x Hold Breath II, and 2x Hold Breath III. You can turn that into a super and an ultra charger and a random T1 implant and lose out on nothing.
  9. Goretzu

There must be an exp per drop value though, thought you must have known it, but I guess not. :confused:
  10. Epic High Five

It really seems to be a flat chance rolled on every single exp event, with no relation to source or other ticks. Provided you remain active in battles you should be fine. Between the drops and the recycling of unwanted implants, you're looking at an easy surplus. The only class I can see having trouble keeping up would be snipers who never get closer than 250m, and if this discourages people from playing that then good. If you want to enjoy the fruits of battle then you need to get in and battle with us, we need your damn recon at the very least!
  11. Garrum

Except I have repeatedly shown that is not the case for everybody. Drop rates are not consistent from person to person.
  12. Jeslis

I dont disagree with it being difficult for a non-member, trying to run a T3 100% of his/her alive time..
    I guess the point of all my post was that.. I dont find myself trying to run any implant alot of the time.

As an aside.. Math wise.. being a member with +50% xp boost.. is only 33% increase from the other side of the isle... Not sure if explaining properly... ((If I went from being member, to non member, I would be getting 33% less.
  13. Konstantinn

Combine T2+T3 implant (one of each) get 10k recharge. Meaning you need 30 T1 implants, they drop like candy. Sort of I guess. Like was mentioned before drop rates aren't consistent. I'm full member maxed out membership bonus (6+ months), with 6 month boost. Have been using T2 implants all week, my recharges keeps growing slowly (at 24k now). At this rate I wouldn't be able to afford T3 implant all the time, but can sustain T2. I can see how non-premium member without boost could potentially struggle to keep T1 running at all times, but I guess you get what you pay for.
  14. Klypto

Basically, if you don't play this game to farm mad score per minute, you get no energy.

That or if you zerg or suck.
    • Up x 1
  15. LibertyRevolution

I played for 3 hours today at 24,000 score per hour, running tier 3 implants on auto charge.
    I was without energy for maybe 10mins per hour, using only dropped chargers, not crafting chargers.
    So it seems you will need to maintain a 28,800 score per hour to keep a tier 3 running off only charger drops with no downtime.
    That would be a 480SPM to run it off charger drops alone.

I made 2 tier 3 implants in 3 hours. It takes 25 tier 1 implants to make a tier 3. So I got at least 50 implants drops.
    So I could have crafted 9 chargers, which would have filled that 30mins of downtime I had, and left me +6 extra chargers.
    So it is totally possible to run a tier 3 implant all the time off drops alone at 400SPM.

Could you do it at 200SPM?? No, but you could run a tier 1 off drops alone at that SPM.

In other news, one of my waterson characters finally has a positive K/D, and reached BR80 both in the same session. :)
    Yay.. halfway there! o_O
  16. PinkHurtsMyEyes

Well, I have read a bit of this thread but not all, I am not a big fan of the implants and mostly for the reasons listed allready in this thread. I don't like the way they implemented it. But, and this might be mentioned in this thread allready - I have not read it in it's entirety - for me a decent improvement of the system would be to make it so you could turn them on and off without having to change your loadout. Much like you do with abilities. Changing loadouts for when you want an implant on or off is just extremely cumbersome and quite frankly the way SOE designed this seems to be to create a cash cow - but it messes with gameplay, at least for me. I have to this day not used implants - I just equipped my first ones to day for a couple of classes. Thats how bad I think the implementation hav been.
  17. Pikachu

I have like 67 chargers.
  18. Anti-Skub

The problem with implants is the problem with the whole of Planetside 2 and pretty much all free to play games. The game isn't designed to be as good as possible, the design process is always overshadowed by the need to be able to sell whatever they put in.

The constant drain, the chargers, the random crafting, all extremely unsatisfying, all there for no other reason than that other systems wouldn't be as monetizable.
  19. Emotitron

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428037477578068081/

This character hasn't had ANY charger energy since the free starting charge. It has been sitting at 0 pretty much for months now even with regular play, a subscription, and a respectable cert per hour rate.

Also tried crafting one, but after fusing 100+ modules, I still have no charge.
  20. NoctD

You're not doing it right.

Use 5 Tier 1 implants to make 1 Tier 2 implant. Combine 1 Tier 1 implant with 1 Tier 2 implant for a charger. Then charge.

If all you're doing is 3 Tier 1 implants, you'll get nowhere!

I think SOE has succeeded - even implant crafting is tricking people out.
    • Up x 2