what NC sniper rifle do yu use

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by RHYS4190, Jan 5, 2015.

1. RHYS4190

iv been away for a while there now seem like a point to using them now, what nc sniper rifle do you use?
  2. wickedhell3

every one of them :D
  3. McToast

Moin

Currently I'm using the Failjack, but as soon as I've purpled that one I'm gonna go back to LA80 for long range and SAS-R for shorter ranges.
    • Up x 1
  4. xMaxdamage

I get killed a lot by railjacks, I like its style mainly because it's a unique weapon while other rifles are copycat cross-faction clones.

and it's a weapon you can get really good at, using the delayed shot to correct your aim and using the extreme speed and no drop of the bullet to make your aiming skill worth.

but I admit I never used it aside of VR :p
  5. Shaengar

For extreme long-range: Railjack
    For long-range: Longshot
    For mid-range: SAS-R

Railjack is better than most people say. It fills its role as a render-range Sniper rifle pretty well. If you manage to get on a mountain and have a LOS on an enemy Sunderer from behind you can gett kills from ranges where most Sniper-Rifles would not even OHK with a headshot. I also has very little bullet-drop.
    The Railjack allows for long killstreaks because the farther you are away, the less likely it will be that somebody comes looking for you.

Longshot however is the best all around choice. Its very good at long range and much better than the Railjack at closer ranges.

SAS-R is hard to master. But if mid-range sniping fits your playstyle its your gun.
  6. BillHaverchuck

I dont bother with long range anymore. My SPR of choice is SAS-R.
  7. _itg

Currently using the Railjack, for the sake of directives, and the SAS-R for close-range sniping. After I get the Auraxium on the Railjack, I'll drop it for all but the most extreme ranges. You really need to be close to 300m before it starts becoming more attractive than the Longshot.
  8. iller

would have suggested making this thread in the Infiltrator subforum (just to avoid the usual anti-sniper sentiment), but w/e

SASR has the best "NC" feel to it IMO even though every faction gets a version of it... Run it 4x without suppressor for lulz :confused:
    Railjack is TERRIBLE in my opinion even though I've practically Auraxiumed it by now and it's my fastet KPM weapon.
    (atleast 300 of my kills were against running targets, but I felt it WAS a downgrade to the Driver until Render range was increased)

The BoltDriver is fine in my opinion, it's the ideal "newbies first Riper Snifle" and I don't know why the other 2 factions get that awful SPR instead. Infact if it was up to me, I'd reclassify it a BattleRifle and allow LA's and Medics to have the SPR's as well and then attach a "Ability energy drains half as quickly while equipped" bonus to both the SPR, and the Impetus.... (get on that plz Sony!)

The EM4 / Ram / Par is overpowered. It has no actual downside. I won't buy it, I won't use it. I will go stalker and hunt down snipers using it when I'm aware of them, for no other reason than to V-6 them in melee range where they can actually hear it. If they're a new player, I'll V-9 while dropping a betty under them instead to try and encourage them to pick a more mobile playstyle.

LA80 I don't know yet, need to unlock. I get the sense it's a direct upgrade to the Bolt-Driver which I'm not too happy with TBH. I don't like any micro-trans`able item that's an upgrade in every way. But it's my only other alternative in the Directive tree to the EM4 if I want to one day unlock the BigHorn. ....maybe if Directive points were based on XP instead, I'd use the SPR. But oh well... It's gonna be the LA80 that I'll likely be stuck with unless SOE does the Un-SOE'able and actually gives Directives a much needed (IMHO) balance pass
  9. _itg

The LA80 isn't a direct upgrade to the Bolt Driver, because the Bolt Driver fires faster. That's a significant benefit for landing follow-up body shots. RoF is also one reason the Longshot isn't overpowered. At long ranges, the better velocity may matter more than the RoF, but the closer you get, the less difference the velocity makes. In any case, the differences between the bolt-actions are fairly minor, except of course for the CQC bolt-action, due to the low-zoom optics.
  10. vanu123

NC get a free 1 shot headshot machine, its the orion of infiltrators.
  11. _itg

Except NC and TR can't buy the Orion for 100 certs.
    • Up x 3
  12. iller

You're not actually talking about the Railjack are you?...
    Anything that you can consistently hit with the Railjack at long range, you could also hit with a Suppressed Phaseshift at much closer range and not even have to think about bullet drop. The actual bullet times from point of trigger activation... to the point of it hitting the target that is standing still, are nearly the same or better for Phaseshift. The only difference is their flavor of "delay mechanics".
  13. QuantumSerpent

Bolt Driver. Us TRs and VSs get to start with those awful, awful SASRs. (Fortunately that starting quiz gives us a CQC BASR just as it does for you, so we can skip the 99SV).

They're not direct upgrades, not entirely. Generally if you miss a shot or don't get the headshot, anything but a RAMS is promptly going to have the advantage over the RAMS. That being said, if your accuracy isn't perfect, you don't have targets lined up at 1-second intervals and you aren't under 100-150m or so, the T3 is best (at closer ranges the T1 gets the edge of course, with its CQC optics). That being said, if you're being useful you're usually at less than 150m, unless you're exceptionally good. So I have the TSAR-42 in my default sniper loadout instead of the RAMS, I only pull that for long ranges.
  14. iller

I thought you guys started with SPR? ...the semi-automatic that only goes down to 7x scope? Basically the Anti-BASR's
    Those are the only ones I would call completely underpowered since they'll usually take 4 shots to kill a moving target at long range
  15. QuantumSerpent

I suppose it would be equivalent to the SPR (I think). Yes, that's the long-range SASR, the 7x-12x one. I never understand why they give TR/VS beginners a SASR... They're certainly more difficult to use properly than a BASR. BASR = Headshot and he dies. SASR = Headshot and "Why didn't he die?".
  16. _itg

Theoretically SASRs should be more forgiving, since a miss is less punishing, so I can see why they were made starter guns. The problem is they just weren't balanced properly, and a weapon can't really be more forgiving if it's just bad, or at least an extreme niche weapon.

On a tangentially related note, it would've been interesting if TR got the SOAS-20 as their starter gun. As long as one faction is going to be different, they might as well all three be different.
  17. QuantumSerpent

That. Would. Be. AWESOME.
  18. iller

Oh I see now, you're saying SASR as in literally the acronym of semi automatic.... not the one with a dash in its name that they for some reason named "Special Applications Sniper" instead of CQSR or something else that better implied what it's best for.

As my suggestion implied, I think those SA's would be a lot better for newer to intermediate players if they encouraged them to really use their class abilities a lot more. They could also stand to allow different Ammo types I think...

Absolutely perfect framerate is required to do that. I'd argue that even 45fps could be too low if you know enough about where some of the twitchiest twitch players eye-to-hand-to-hand finesse theoretically exists at. Thus it's only ideally feasible in a very small number of circumstances. For everyone else, it's just the 350m OHK gun the NC get a lot sooner than the other 2 factions can get the BigHorn at.
  19. RHYS4190

just how big a delay does the rail jack have im not really noticing any VR
  20. vanu123

It's called the Anchor/MSW-R