Two questions: Cycler TRV and TORQ-9

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Dualice, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Dualice

Firstly, what is the effective range of the Cycler TRV? I've tried it out in VR quite a bit and it basically feels like a T1 on steroids. With a foregrip, 2x sight and SPA I've killed dummies with a well-placed burst or two out to 50m, but how well does this transfer in-game?

Secondly, the TORQ-9... just, what is it? Its stats are a real mish-mash. What is it "best" at, if anything? Or is it meant to be like the default Cycler, in the sense of versatility? I see its horizontal recoil and reload stats in particular are quite impressive.

I'd quite like to get one or the other, so am curious what people make of them, and in the case of the TORQ, how best to use it.
  2. Takoita

In regards to TRV, I'd say very. It may be worse at range than the default Cycler, but it doesn't really need that to shine.

That 2x scope may be a bit too much considering you'd want to be at close range with it. Or not - the sights is mostly a matter of personal preference anyway.

You might want to consider getting the flash suppressor for it too. The muzzle flash can be rather blinding at times.

I don't have enough experience with the TORQ to give concrete advice, so you'll have to ask somebody else about that.
  3. Dualice

Yeah, the 2x was more to see what range I could squeeze out of it :) 1x generally feels more versatile for that sort of weapon.

TORQ sure is a funny one.
  4. pnkdth

TRV is easily my favourite TR AR. Once you get familiar with burst firing with a 845RPM weapon you can extend its effective range beyond what you'd think possible. Extremely rewarding weapon to use.

I use the Green T 2x reflex sight, grip, and SPA. Even though 1x makes more sense, I've noticed that the colour green contrast versus player model thus making me faster at acquiring targets. It is also a muscle memory thing. I tend to stick with 2x reflex sights on all weapons, except scout rifles/sniper rifles and long range setups(like on the Cougar for mid range LA fun times).

TORQ, however, it also really good because of how flexible it is in its use. For me though, I think the TRV is more rewarding once you get better with it.
    • Up x 1
  5. LibertyRevolution

TRV is 143 damage at 845 ROF, it is a monster close-medium range.
    TORQ-9 is a 125 damage tier, it is like a failstorm with a smaller mag..
  6. sIcGER

after mostly playing my vs alt i started to play my tr alt a bit more often lately

with my tr alt my number one loadout had the trv equipped - so i used it... and DAMN - i realy had a hard time to get used to it again after i was only playing my vs alt for so long

i had trouble to hit anything at range with it but once i started to fire it in very short bursts it worked pretty well

at close range its realy a nightmare for an enemy - just aim for the head hold down left mouse button and watch them drop in no time
  7. Leivve

TORQ compares to the default AR.
    They are both have the same range. The TORQ favors closer ranges due to it's higher fire rate. The T1 favors longer ranges since each bullet has a bigger punch.

But don't think either is a slouch in either department. The TORQ still has fangs at longer ranges, and the T1's claws still hurt no matter where you are.
    • Up x 1
  8. Dualice

Aw I think it deserves a bit more credit than that! :p

Cool, sounds quite interesting. I've piled up a few certs so will have a think.
  9. Kociboss

If only TRV had 0.75 ads.
    • Up x 1
  10. Dualice

Indeed. Not quite sure why they gave it to the TAR.

*EDIT* +1'd for your sig :D
  11. Kociboss

Hm...Thanks but...What is so special about my sig? :p
  12. ATRA_Wampa-One

Because the TAR, H-V45, and GR-22 are all 143/800 AR's with 0.75 ADS.
  13. Dualice

Because sometimes, T1 Cycler is all you need :p

But yeah, got the Cycler TRV in the end. If/when I can aim properly, man does it drop dudes fast. Currently playing with some mouse sensitivity settings so had some embarrassingly bad moments today :D
  14. Mustarde

The TRV is great at CQC, but even with good aim and burst fire it will let you down at range. I personally prefer the TAR, but would recommend the TRV for anyone on point holds.

The TORQ-9 doesn't look like much on paper, but where it really shines is the recoil and COF bloom. It fires like a laser and feels like VS AR's with 10 more rounds in the magazine and a decent reload time. It doesn't give you quite the horizontal jitter that one comes to expect from most TR weapons. That is one of the reasons I am lukewarm at best about the T1 cycler AND Unity, despite using them both a fair bit. The TORQ-9 has versatility and makes you lethal at many ranges, which is why it is one of my favorites.

• Up x 2
  15. Kociboss

And lower bullet damage :p This baby burns ammo like crazy...

But yes, it's a great gun if you can land headshots.
    • Up x 1
  16. Dualice

Nice one. I usually pull the Cycler when versatility is required, but if the TORQ does this better maybe I'll give a shot. Something I noticed throughout your vid was the rate it burns through ammo though.

Oh and as always, nice shooting.
    • Up x 2
  17. player16

have just tried the torq in vr it looks very good in it, but cycler trv playing with my vanu i noticed that medics used it with a forward grip and i thought what a waste, but it was just (bullet noise) gone, so when i could get a free weapon from the starting quiz i chose the trv and attached a forward grip to it and use it as a laser in ads the sheer amount of bullets tears up heavy assaults even.
  18. Dualice

Indeed. Once you use it and realize its hipfire cone is terrible, forward grip is most often the way forward.

When using it in low-light situations I'd recommend a flash suppressor, as the muzzle flash can be quite dazzling in ADS.
  19. player16

the same happened to me with the tar the flash did not let me see the targets after graphics update or after time stopped noticing it and do not longer used the silencer i bought the silencer directly no flash at all, is like you need the flash suppressor or the silencer to shoot that at someone moving directly, became used to it, is good to have the x2 sight on all guns. that directive gun looks damn good on stats... snob comment the fact that you need a flash suppressor in ultra to aim is backwards....
  20. Robertooooo

TORQ is better for long range than the T1 because of it's very low damage dropoff, lower horizontal recoil and access to compensator.