Last Rank of Shield Regen Device?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Souleater, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Souleater

Hello,

Certed into this to level four last night and found it pretty useful in terms of certs (and I hope helping the stoic guardians of the Republic).

I'm not sure whether or not the last rank is worth 1k certs or not. I know a couple of things are e..g the Med Tool, The Inf Detect tool, etc.

Most of my infantry loadouts and Lightning are already pretty much 'finished'...so I was wondering if the cost of rank five of the SRD is a 'nice to have later on' option or something to save up for now.

Cheers.
  2. Dualice

Hi!

I've not certed the shield regen device at all, so can't speak from experience. From what I've read the regen rate between ranks three and five is the same; that last rank will just give you an extra bit of range. Source is here.

P.S. like your sig :D
  3. Souleater

Haha thank you.

I had looked at that thread but wondered if the information was outdated.

I will save up the certs for the SRD 5.

Thanks for the reply.
  4. Dualice

I'd wondered that too, I've seen more recent threads as well as Wiki information that leads me to believe it still works the same.
  5. Asageh

NOT WORTH IT.
  6. Souleater

Might i ask why?
  7. _itg

The wiki suggests that the last rank does increase the regen rate, as well as range, but I don't know if that's true or not. Probably the biggest incentive to get the last rank is so that your shield regenerator trumps other people's generators in crowded areas, so you'll get the XP. I got it because I was tired of finding a great spot to farm shield ribbons and then having it immediately stolen from me by someone wtih more certs invested in the class.

The range does seem to make a difference when using the thing outdoors, since the larger the radius, the more likely it is that people will find it convenient to fight from inside it.
  8. Souleater

Okay, thanks.
  9. tigerchips

I've used it quite a bit, I would say it's okay, but i much prefer the Nano-Regen Device.

The shield tends to tell the enemy where you are, where as the regen device is temporary.

If you use the shield, i recommend using the regen perk.
  10. Blippy

I'd get the rank 5 shield device solely for the fact that it will give you the heal credit. If multiple devices are in proximity of a player, only the highest rank device will repair his shield and give XP.
  11. Crayv

I think it is worth simply for the larger radius. It does seem quite a bit bigger. Meaning you don't have to place it as close to areas where it might get destroyed by a grenade and people don't have to be as close (safer for them).
  12. Leftconsin

Fully certed bubble is almost exactly the same size as the teleporter rooms in Biolabs. Stick it in the middle of the room and you cover both doors. Shielding ribbons just wash over you like a waterfall of certs after that.
  13. Leivve

No it tells them there MIGHT be something there. It doesn't tell them I'm ads on the flank waiting for them to take the bait.
  14. DrBash00

Best reasoning ever ^^
    • Up x 1
  15. Leivve

Weren't you moved by it? Did you not feel anything as the words were majestically read by you?
  16. Problem Officer

The bubbles' effects don't stack?
  17. Wargrade

OCD demands that you max it.