Offensive VS Medic Loadout Suggestions

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by 7 Drunk Midgets, Sep 14, 2014.

1. 7 Drunk Midgets

I've decided to dedicate my VS alt to medic. I'm only a little way into certing it, and I often find myself getting into close quarters. I like the Corvus, but it lacks in close range, obviously. I like to be in the thick of the fight, rezzing and healing as my allies push through a base, so what loadout would best suit my playstyle?
  2. Neo3602

If your fighting in really close range then a semi-auto shot gun would be pretty good, if your fighting at ranges farther than across a small room then you might want a H-V45 which should serve you pretty well.
  3. asdfPanda

Yup, H-V45 is pretty much what you're looking for. It can also reach out at medium range if you put a foregrip on it. Suit slot is up to you, but Nanoweave, ASC(if you aren't using shield regen device), and grenade bandoleer are all good choices. The Terminus is a good weapon as well, if you want a bit more range.
    • Up x 1
  4. ATRA_Wampa-One

Statistically the Terminus and CME are the two best VS AR's. CME is actually better than the Corvus in everything but HSR.
  5. nehylen

My favorite pick as VS medic is the NS-11A/P. Not the best CQC dps, but feels ok even at rather close ranges as i tend to headshot a lot with it, have SPA while retaining a 600m/s+ muzzle velocity, and being a 0.75ADS gun, provides me with a better defence.
    At 40m+ range, most opposing auto guns are little more than fodder to it, if the encounter is even enough.
  6. SharkSpider

Your two decent picks for close quarters are the Terminus and HV45, everything else has sub-700 RPM which really puts you at a disadvantage against heavies or even other factions' medics. Half the NC/TR ARs outright do more damage than these guns.

Terminus vs. HV45 is a preference thing. The Terminus has better DPS/DPM past around 35 meters, lighter recoil and first shot kick, but its pattern gets unstable after 10-15 shots. Greater rewards for bursting but a harsh penalty for mag dumping. The HV45 has better DPS up close and 0.75 ADS speed, plus it stays more predictable if you're willing to dump your entire mag at someone. The flip side is that bursting makes you eat that giant first shot recoil every time you click. I prefer the Terminus, in fact I like it so much that I got another 4000 kills with it after I finished the Auraxium.

For your loadout the best aggressive medic is, in my book, Nanoweave/Shield Bubble/Medkits. You more health, the tools to keep it maxed constantly instead of waiting on shields and self healing, and a great tool for point holds or supplementing your own revive grenades. The instant HP regeneration lets you be a lot more aggressive in situations where it's hard to avoid taking small amounts of damage, while other classes have to judge whether or not it's worth 6-10 seconds just to have one or two more bullets in survivability. In a 1v1 you aren't exactly a heavy running NMG but you do have nanoweave and if it's at a range where you can break LOS the bubble will let you be tankier than even a resist heavy. In terms of having fun this is pretty much my favorite loadout because you literally have zero down time and because you rarely get caught with your pants down in a fight.
  7. Xamir

I run H-V45, underboss, res-nades, bandoleer, shield bubble and health pots - allows me to be very aggressive, I will run around dodging fire while ressing, and running back to cover etc.

I don't get a great kda while playing medic, but it is a blast, and with infantry-only CQC I generally hit 30-40k sph (without/with boost+sub).
  8. Leeloo

Pandora auto shotgun with Slug ammo and Commissioner :D boom boom boom...
    Slug ammo is quite effective at medium ranges as well.
    And leaves no tracers ;)
  9. ILoveLucy

Terminus. It's the only weapon you'll ever need. Seriously. It's the best AR all the time, every time.
    • Up x 1
  10. ATRA_Wampa-One

Best VS AR. Still outclassed by the TORQ and about equal with the Cycler.
    • Up x 1
  11. 7 Drunk Midgets

Thanks for the posts, I've decided to go with the H-V45, that 0.75x ads is too nice to pass up. Also, the sound the Terminus makes... *shudders*
  12. Dualice

:eek: I love the Terminus' sound profile! One of the things that initially attracted me to it.

It is also a monster in close to medium ranges though. Good balance between fire rate and stability.
  13. tigerchips

Lol, shotgun medic. Shotgun belongs to Light Assault class. Use an assault weapon and learn how to aim. Use 1x scope, compensator, & forgrip.

Use Nano-Regen Device, Grenade Bandolier, Nanite Revive Grenade, C-4. Stay out of front line, heal and revive team members. Kill enemies before reviving, obviously, unless you are behind cover or something. Never stand still while reviving.

Alternatively, you could use Regeneration Field, normal grenades, Grenade Bandolier, C-4, Regeneration implant.
  14. Dualice

"Lol" indeed.
  15. Asageh

HV45 is a pretty OP Assault Rifle for VS.
  16. Erendil

17. Asageh

18. KritzcakeInAnimeland

to OP's post:
    Pulsar VS1 w/ laser sight & suppressor (tks to low recoil and short reload time)
    Sirius SMG w/ laser sight, suppressor & must-have SVA
    or w/ compensator, flashlight & SVA to distract enemies like a beacon
    Nova shotgun w/ Ext Mag (for sustainability)

I don't suggest H-V45 though it is great. The reason is b/c of really long reload time & lack of versatility. The Pulsar VS1, on the other hand, is so good it's like M16A3 from BF3.
  19. Kulso

H-V45, Shotguns, SMGs, and Terminus.
  20. Erendil

I didn't assume anything. I asked you a question. Allow me to rephrase it.

Why do you think the HV45 is OP when the TR and NC equivalent weapons are superior? And OP compared to what?