[Suggestion] Balance Medkits (Kill the bunnyhoppers)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chipiwan, Dec 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chipiwan

Right now medkits are overpowered. The instant health regen and spammability when combined with resist shields makes it all too easy for heavy assaults to turn the tables on ambushes, which has been done. Putting a clip of a 167/600 dmg gun into someone's back, while they're popping medkits, only for them to turn around and kill me when I reload, is just plain stupid. Yet it happens. Therefore I propose that medkits be given a cool down timer of ten seconds. It's not a long time, people can still use them to get health back after they take cover, however it prevents the continuous spamming of them.

This would also make restokits a viable option again. They would not receive a cool down nerf, and if anything should be buffed to 100% health restoration over four seconds. (Right now it's about 85% in about 3 seconds). The nature of the restokits prevents them from being spammed, however they can still be used to get that extra bit of health back, and can be used more often than medkits, giving advantage to people more likely to face multiple targets.
    • Up x 23
  2. Revel

Be prepared for the hate from l33+sauce kiddies that you dare to even think about taking away their toys. They'll tell you its a necessity, and much more important they survive to keep looking for 1v1s than actually carry something that benefits teamplay.
    • Up x 9
  3. WUNDER8AR

Yep medkits are kinda ridiculous and always have been. The question is how'sthe situation after the resource revamp has been completed? If self heal were to be overall more expensive the spam would be limited. A small timer in addition to that wouldn't hurt. Medic's heal abitlity is also kinda pointless currently due to self heal devices anyways. Give them their job back.
    • Up x 5
  4. Takoita

I don't think 'bunnyhopping' means what you think it means. I do share your concern in regards to insta-heal medkits though.
    • Up x 1
  5. CipherNine

I think insta-heal medkit spam is a cool feature and that nerfs make the game bland.
    • Up x 3
  6. Demigan

so... someone must be running around with these medkits in-hand and their hand on their shield to do this, right? I often kill Heavies even before they can pop their shield (especially at CQC a carbine has enough firepower to kill them before the first shot is shown on their PC).
    I have never actually met any Heavy that did a medkit survive. I've seen one video of it, but I don't think medkits are OP. If you want to pop several resources into surviving, be my guest. But while you are popping your medkits I'm getting ready to kill you with a pistol or knife if I have to, or I'll jump back into cover, reload and finish the job now that you are out of medkits, shield and overshield/resist shield.
    • Up x 2
  7. Alarox

Someone hopping up and down while popping medkits?

If you don't miss then they'll die. If they're stalling in a CQC 1v1 then just shoot them in the face.
    • Up x 2
  8. Matt879

Not everyone has MLG PR0 L33T 4CCUR4CY, killing a bunnyhopping HA with a resist shield that is spamming med kits is nigh on impossible for most players, unless you have a shotgun. They're obviously too strong compared to resto kits, and a 10 second CD wouldn't take away from their usability in their intended role but would get rid of the 'exploit' that is spamming them.
    • Up x 7
  9. RykerStruvian

Bunnyhopping hitbox stuff has always been a problem in the game. I haven't seen it as often though as I did before.

Medkits are fine. The medkit animation takes long enough as it is before the medkit is actually taken. If you're having trouble killing them when they're in the middle of using a medkit...no offense, but this does borderline l2p. The only thing I can give you is if they're medkit popping while bunnyhopping. In which case, the problem isn't medkits, it's the bunnyhopping and that is actually legit problem with the game.
  10. Yuukikun

IKR!

I mean, using 200 resources to have a slight chance of surviving an engagement (because let's be honets, only someone with no brain will not be able to kill someone with no shield left once he finished spamming his kits), or spending 450 resources for a guaranteed 10+ kill streak. The first choice is obviously OP!
    • Up x 7
  11. Gazatron

When will calls for "nerf this, nerf that" stop?
    • Up x 5
  12. Eternaloptimist

Reading the OP carefully, I wonder is this actually about medkits (which work the same for everyone) or another "nerf HA" thread in disguise? Note the reference to use of the kits in conjunction with overshield. I have never seen someone successfully healing themselves while I was actually shooting them full of bullets but I'll accept that someone may have seen it. In fact I would quite like to see someone in a neon suit hoping around while stabbing himself repeatedly. I find it less easy to accept that someone who really is taking a full clip of bullets will survive under any circumstances though....what are we talking about there? 4900+ damage points at least (from a 30 round carbine)?
    • Up x 1
  13. Demigan

I did a wrong thing.

Yes, you are right. While I don't think medkits or bunnyhopping Heavy Assaults are a problem, you are right that restoration packs offer too little compared to the health kit. I would even think the current restoration kit would only become good alternatives to medkits if they gave you a big and strong health regeneration for a short time, allowing you to pop one and have extra health during the battle if your health starts taking hits.
    • Up x 2
  14. CMDante

I don't think adding a cooldown would be a horrible thing. More to the point; restoration kits need some attention.
    • Up x 2
  15. z1967

5 second delay between medkit pops maybe? Not too punishing and you really only need one to refill your health.
    • Up x 6
  16. MrJengles

Aww, I was looking forward to the bunnyhopping oddity being brought up. I'd like to know what you think of the fact that both med-kits and resto-kits come with a downside in the form of slowing the player - however, they don't slow you if you jump first and use them in the air.

Logical options:

1) Using Med and Resto kits shouldn't have any slow effect
    2) Using Med and Resto kits should have a downside that you are slowed. Jumping won't avoid this, either you're still slowed or you can't use them at all (might be easier to do that).

Illogical option (what we currently have):

3) Using Med and Resto kits should have a downside that you are slowed but you can avoid this by jumping. Thus, veteran players can abuse the mechanics and gain an advantage over anyone, particularly newer players, that haven't learned the unintuitive loop hole.

And then there's the precedence that SOE discourage bunnyhopping through increased CoF, no ADS and a non-immediate slow (unlike the health kits). Why in the case of health kits should players be better off jumping?

As for spam, I don't think it improves gameplay either - it creates too much volatility in TTK which hurts the gun play, and it becomes too easy for players to survive in bad situations, like lack of cover etc.

You could add a cool down but then you'd still be left balancing the only instant heal item in the game vs everything else. I made another thread on that: Do instant heals have a place in PS2? IMO, balancing the two kits would be easier if they added a bonus factor to one of them rather than change the amount of healing.
    • Up x 1
  17. Germaux

If u have decent aim it's not a problem... if they have no shield u can down them realy eeasy.
    And thats where the medical are made for getting in cover use one en shoot your enemy.
    And i never had somme problems with "bunnyhop" or somthing.
  18. Rovertoo

I don't really like that idea just because then it would be used as a bullet sponge mini-shield, and to me that's annoying and isn't really what the resto kits should be in my opinion. I think Resto kits should heal the full health bar over time, and Medkits should heal a portion of the bar instantly. So you have your choice over using Resto kits if you want to carry around a full HP bar in your pocket, and Medkits if you need a little extra health right then.
    • Up x 4
  19. Rovertoo

I've seen it in game a few times and there are some pretty eyebrow raising clips out there. I'll see if I can find one. Regardless it's very annoying when it happens.
  20. JustBoo

Never. This game is filled with the exact same kind of people who buy a house at the end of a runway, next to a busy airport, move in and two days later are screaming for the airport to be closed because they don't like the noise.

This game will end up with two guys with identical clubs standing there "Fred Flintstone style" bashing each other over the head. And when one guy wins the other will claim his club was over-powered and needs it to be taken away. Game over man.

And this "problem," really? Reminds me of those Nag-nanny CoD servers where you can't run, can't jump and have to use the gun they tell you to use. The whole game play becomes: "Ohhh! Johnny is jumpng! Waaa. Oh my Bobby is running! Waaa." A poke in the eye with a sharp stick is more fun. <sigh>
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.