More TR should use the Claymore

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Arsonix, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Rtwpygbzstpqacihfd

I've used Claymores for a long time and still to this day use it constantly. On my server it does look like a lot of other TR guys are using it, the same way I do. It's one of the easiest ways to get kills, and something I recommend to all newbies, cert into 2 claymores for an engineer. Infiltrator can use it but engineer would be the class to run for gaining XP faster. You just put them near corners, doors, lower part of stairs, just a metre away from the top of the stairs etc. You'll find most players die from them. In fact I even got the Utility Pouch fully certed just so that I can drop 3 claymores.
  2. Arsonix

Please tell me where I asked for the claymore to be nerfed?
  3. Bobman23

"In another month from now I don't want to be able to enter a single room the TR holds without fully certed flak armor.

Get to it TR!"

It's a fairly common tactic (used most notably by Youtube celebrities) to draw attention to the issue, most often creating a problem where none exists (see Mustarde's video on "RL primaries".)

Your last thread got locked, so this is another attempt.
  4. Arsonix

Bobman23 you are one of those paranoid people who thinks everyone is coming to take your toys away. We aren't toddlers anymore.

Also I find it hilarious you accuse me of using tactics when you keep making up pretend locked threads and pretend nerf calls while avoiding the point.
  5. Bobman23

This is the thread:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...he-pointless-faction-specific-ap-mine.206215/

And I don't even play TR.
  6. Arsonix

Okay now
    1. prove that it is locked because it looks pretty open to me
    2. prove that I was calling for a nerf

otherwise g t f o
  7. Bobman23

I stand corrected - it's not locked, it just died.

Also, that title is pretty self explanatory, although your posts thereafter became a little more muddled, ranging from "get rid of it" to "I don't want to see it nerfed."

Anyway, regardless - I'm out. Bye.
  8. lothbrook

They perform better simply because they are better, AI mines are only good at bottlenecks, and having an additional 1m of reach you can more effectively hide a claymore around the corner and it makes it more difficult to evade one, whereas with the prox and BB if you just simply turn and run the other direction after passing the bottleneck you'll just be wounded by the mine, as they are very easy to spot, theres a reason why these things are buried in the real world, lol, so you have to hide them as well but that really eats into your kill zone, also claymores point towards enemies typically and only kill/wound them, while BB and prox mines have a good chance of hitting friendlies if they're too close to the bottleneck.

Thing i don't get is why Claymores do an additional 300 damage which pushes their killzone out a bit past the inner blast radius as well.
  9. Tatwi

Thinly veiled, sad little "nerf the claymore" thread right here.

Don't want to die to the Claymore? Stop being the derp who runs blindly into battle. Haste and carefree blind running is why they are so effective.

This isn't Call of Duty, son.
    • Up x 1
  10. Arsonix

Why can't I just raise awareness about how great the CM is without it being a covert nerf thread? I think one faction should get more unique weapons that outperform everyone else's cloned weapons and should use them as much as possible to show Higby that they are indeed thankful for their blessing. To do anything less is blasphemy, if TR doesn't spam these little suckers I hope the Banshee nerf makes the Striker looks like the PPA as part of Higby's wrath.
  11. Utrooperx

I've Aux'd them out on two TR toons...

Step 1: Mine Vehicle Terminal of a tower under attack by placing claymores at bottom of steps

Step 2: Take Teleporter to Spawn Room and re-supply

Step 3: Wait for it...

Step 4: Profit!

Step 5: Rinse and repeat until you have killed every single Infiltrator in the attacking force at least once :p

Easy certs ;)
    • Up x 3
  12. Arsonix

Its funny you are worried by having more people using it that it will somehow be nerfed as if use alone will prove that. You are just showing that you yourself actually think they are too powerful because you hold this belief and you are projecting your insecurity onto me. Classic defense mechanism.

Check the link bobman provided for you, I never asked for a nerf despite the fact he conjured up that I wanted to "get rid of it" somehow out of nothing.

You know there are some of us people who believe by play testing things you can find out more about them. God forbid we find out more about them right? Right...
  13. LT_Latency

You really think this thread is not a round about way for saying Claymores are too strong??
  14. Arsonix

I think this thread is about showcasing certain player's insecurity when it comes to obvious balance issues. So far it has caught a few such players in its web already.

Edit: If you want my real opinion it is not that the CM is too strong but actually TR for getting the CM (a special function AP mine that is arguably more effective in most situations) while NC and VS get clones of each other's weapons.
  15. LT_Latency

lol, no you are saying the are too strong. You don't have to say the word "nerf" to not imply it in your text. Even in this quote you bring up "Obvious balance issues"

16. Arsonix

Here is the main fact of my post. More TR should actually, like seriously guys, being honest here, please believe me, you have to believe me, use more Claymores.

The Claymore is obviously an anomaly of game design that I can only think we should all get on our TR and farm with these babies while it lasts. If you actually have a problem with that because it makes the CM look bad then you are also projecting your insecurity on the subject onto someone else.
  17. AdmiralArcher

i dont use them much because they tend to have really werid placement...thye stick to walls and **** its and its annoying...also most people see them before they run in
  18. Arsonix

I will not rest until everyone loves the Claymore.
    [IMG]
    Except you since it looks like you already feel the love.
  19. OldMaster80

I quit using claymores. Carrying medikits is more rewarding for my play style and then EOD HUD is such a powerful counter. Before implants I used to kill a lot of people with claymore now it's harder.
    EOD HUD is extremely underrated: NC and VS are so stupid that they first drop their landmines then sit next to them. I usually throw an EMP against the landmine without even aiming and I usually kill one or two...
  20. LT_Latency

Mines are crap, If someone is using them alot equip the implant to see explosives and never die to a mine again. One person with this can clear out all the mines on the battle field

If you can shoot, You should take the item that heals you. You will get way more kills instantly healing yourself then running all over the map hoping someone runs into your mine.

The only reason I have any claymore kills is because I need to farm the explosives directive and getting a Aurxium with mines is painful. I would rather have the BB or CM so I can suicide bomb with my infiltrator large groups of players for multi kills and fast kills