HA is unfair

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by H0nch0, Nov 17, 2014.

1. H0nch0

Hey, guys.
    I´ve been playing Planetside for a while now, and i always felt the HA was unfair.
    And no! Not because he is OP or something like that, but because of the equitment he gets from SOE.
    I mean i as a medic always look sad when I see my comrades mowing down enemys with their cool ESHW or ESRL. Why do they get 2 ES-weapons when the medic doesn´t even have one?

But not only that! Even in the Anniversarybundle they put in an special HEAVY-Weapon. Why? Its not like the Heavy got an black version of the Ns15M for free. :confused:

Does he get so much love just because the Heavy is so widespread? Oh come on SOE! I thought you wanted to create a game with 7 classes that all can be mained with some fun?

Pls join the discussion and let your voice be heard or vote this Thread to make a sad medic:(....happy.:D
    • Up x 1
  2. H0nch0

Come on! Give the Medic some more "Coolness"
  3. Yuukikun

7 classes?
    • Up x 2
  4. gigastar

HA is not unfair.

Theres nothing stopping you from playing HA yourself.

Also the HA ES weapons are there purely as lip service to PS1.

Medic doesnt have any because there were no dedicated medics in PS1.
  5. SerasVic

i'ld like to say "deal with it"

but since it's not constructiv, i'll say what do you expect as a "medic ES weapon" ?

I guess NC med 'll get ... guess what ....

A SHOTGUN RIGHT ?
    • Up x 3
  6. Klypto

Well, technically nearly all of the medic weapons are empire specific.

Vanu have the most bland ones. Why use anything but the HV-45?
  7. Yuukikun

I personaly don't care about HA balance, but saying something is balanced because everyone can use it is one of the best ways to lose all your credibility.
    • Up x 2
  8. Hosp

OP is another of the mindset that we need to have the magical RPG combo; Tank>DPS>Heal>Support. That sort of balance system lends itself to having an approximate equal amount of players playing each class.

Instead we have a Military analogous* type balance system. HAs being the bread and butter class while everything else exists to support the HA. Meaning if the support to the HA dries up, the HAs go down and vice versa.

Different type of balance system which doesn't fit the cookie cutter RPG template. But it does work.
    *I highlight analogous because someone will call me out and say i said "It's supposed to be like real life". And that's not what I said.

• Up x 4
  9. uhlan

The HA can only kill the enemy to gain xp. So they have multiple ways to do so.

The Medic can kill, heal, resurrect and lay "bubbles" to gain xp or help the team.

The Engi can kill, repair, drop ammo, use turrets and mines to gain xp or help the team.

The LA has the most advantageous means to get kills with the jet-pack. The ability to get to positions no one else can is so often overlooked in the class that folks are always looking for something else for them to do. LA's also have access to a massive explosive that they can deliver from above which is an additional huge advantage.

The infiltrator has stealth and access to multiple ways of earning xp or helping the team.

The problem is that people tend to play one class like a MMORPG instead of looking at the classes as aspects of your character.

Playing one class means you're "doing it wrong".

I know folks want to play what they like, but it goes against the fundamental ideology of the game.

Fighting against this will cause angst and pleas to nerf this or that.

Class use is situational and needs to be thought of that way.
    • Up x 2
  10. \m/SLAYER\m/

agree, no matter what, people will play HA, but we need more medics.
  11. gigastar

I havent touched the game in over 3 months and im still commenting on it, what do you think i care about your notion of credibility?

And i dont need to hide my unusual opinions to make myself heard or to get people to agree with me. Thats not done by being known to some forum nobs who are little more than a name and some stats, thats done by being right.
    • Up x 1
  12. H0nch0

well, PS2 is not PS1, it has a class system. And all classes should have incentives to play them

uhm, no, if you ask me NC would get a railgun that does more dmg the longer it flies up to 850 dmg.
    The TR would get an Longrange MCG with a tight and fixed Cof that has a 477rpm at the beginning and spins up to 577 rpm with the 167 dmg-model.
    VS would get a heat weapons that actually change its traits when overheating. like getting one higher dmg-tier, but the rpm goes down or vice-versa
    (im open for suggestions!)

Im ok with the heavy as a shocktrooperclass. But in this game all classes are made to kill. The Heavy just lays the focus on killing, but that doesnt mean the other classes should have less fun doing so.
  13. uhlan

Again, it's not about the class, it's about using the class to its strengths. If you try to fight against the games fundamental values you'll get frustrated as so many people do.

The devs haven't helped either by bringing the Directives to the game. All this does is cause people to play one class regularly as it's easier to max something out then move on.

The devs have consistently brought systems and methods counter to the games basic design over and over and wonder why things are so messed up.
  14. H0nch0

I never said something about 1v1 balance or something like that. But you practically say the medics are only there to hold the lmb on the HA, so only the HA can engage actively. Balanced incentives to play all SHOOTER-Clases in a SHOOTER-Game has nothing to do with "RPG-Balance".
    • Up x 1
  15. SerasVic

Well it's almost a copy / paste of what heavys have. And i'm pretty sure devs have no idea of new concepts.

And don't forget that then you'll need a ES weapon for LA / engis / infiltrators too because else it's not fair right?

So it's 4 x 3 = 12 new weapon concepts to put ...
    • Up x 1
  16. H0nch0

Yeah, i treid to tie this in and only suggested longrange-weapons, so the medic can stay behind his allies, but is still able to angange actively. Also why shouldn´t SOE create ESHT (ES-Healing-Tools)
  17. H0nch0

srry guys, im writing with my smartphone so i missclick often
  18. Inex

Because the Corvus is a headshot monster?
    • Up x 1
  19. gigastar

And the medic has the healing tool and res grenades, which any experienced outfit will tell you is critical in taking a fortified base.

Medics are not front liners, thats HA's job. Similarly, HA's are not supports, thats the domain of medics and engies.
  20. H0nch0

No, the only copy and paste would be the medic-MCG, but this would feel significant new since i would plan to maybe even half the cof of the Heavy-MCG to let it fit in for the Medic.

And about your second thought. Yes! of course! Every class should get some cool stuff. And yes I know its so much creative work to do that, but why did the HA then already get 2 ESW?