Believe i found the freeze cause

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by razor1360, Nov 5, 2014.

1. razor1360

i knew for a fact as do we all that the firewall was set to let planetside2 run . but i checked as i have been trying for days to find a way to get the game to stop freezing . when i checked the fire wall list their was FIVE planetside2 and TWO station launchers . only 1 planetside2 and 1 station launcher was checked . i didn't removed the others who knows what that could screw up . so i double checked everything public and home on all . i was just in the game a solid hour with no freeze only a rare 1 second studder at most . before i did this was lucky to even load the start up war map or play past 5 to 10 mins at the most . CHECK your firewall list if freezing i hope like hell this is the cause and the end period .
  2. razor1360

NOPE - SORRY TO SAY but the game does run better and longer but i still had a freeze . i give up it is something installed into the game zero doubt .
  3. razor1360

i was on the correct path ! removed all planetside2 on the firewall list then ran the game . game shut off i got the firewall allow planetside2 to run popup enabled it . i checked the firewall list it now showed --- planetside2 play client . ran the game solid 2 hours ran very good . even my toon popup from the server at game start was much faster than before . if your freezing remove all planetside2 on fire wall list and get a NEW FIREWALL POPUP to allow . if you don't have { planetside 2 play client } on the firewall list then you should it worked for me .
  4. CptLegshot

Didn't work for me. Did exactly as you said and got a freeze after 25 minutes.
  5. EricAurum

6. SierraAR

I think the best way to test if it is in fact you're firewall might be to temporarily disable it entirely the next time you play planetside 2. If it still freezes and crashed with the firewall completely turned off.. It's not the firewall. (Remember to turn it back on afterwards)
  7. t31os

Of course, if your firewall blocks the ports the game needs it will create problems.

If you seriously want to test for a firewall issue, use the DMZ feature(i think you'll struggle to find a router that doesn't support this currently) and see if that makes a difference. This is only a testing measure though, putting yourself on DMZ leaves you wide open.
  8. razor1360

i can run for hours or just 20 mins but this does help . SONY needs to get it in gear use a pc with a i 5 and 4 ram with a decent card and FIND out what is causing it to crash would be the SMART thing to do . this does help but as i thought it is a installed into the game problem from the games maker . the way they act is like we don't even care not a word about it . this is why at some point if they keep it up i will free myself of anything with a sony name no matter how good it is . btw i did set everything to only LOW . atleast i can play it and wait for a repair . also in 2013 if you check on the forums you will find the game had the same problem .
  9. t31os

Eh? Google translate?
  10. t31os

I followed this response more. I'm a troll and you're ignoring me, right?

Ok, i'll move along, bye! ;)
  11. Pandora's Lunchbox

For those of you still unaware, the game is still suffering from a major memory leak which has been addressed multiple times without successful fix. SOE have mentioned these attempted fixes, before - if anyone bothered reading the notes. At no point have SOE confirmed the fix of the memory leak; which is the cause of many issues being experienced by all of their players.

The memory leak has been confirmed on the forums beforehand by the community. Afterwards, SOE 'kind of/sort of' confirmed it.

The memory leak is by far the most important flaw in the game and should be their patch priority. As far as I'm concerned, the game is snapped if it can not function indefinitely as a piece of software.

An additional note; a high-specification computer build, though far less likely than a low-specification computer build, can still show 'symptoms' of the memory leak, i.e., screen-freezing and/or process halt.

You should be able to observe the behavior of the crash if you use the game in windowed mode alongside your Task Manager - using the core/thread usage graphs/'bars'. You may see a sudden spike in usage, immediately before the game stops responding, completely. The last time I read up on this, the spike usually occurs as the player enters a high-player-density region in-game.

Note; the conditions under which the crash behavior can be monitored might have changed as of the last few patches - especially because they have had no patch information attached to them (in other words, we don't know what SOE have been doing to the game [correct and prove it, please, if I am wrong - I'd very much like to see that SOE are actually recording their changes for public view]). As such, the same behavior might not occur and thus may make it unobservable with just the Task Manager.
    • Up x 5
  12. t31os

Windows has memory leaks, it happens with all applications in a Windows environment, some to more a degree than others, so let's please not sell this as something specific to Planetside 2.
  13. DK22

most certainly a memory problem here, put a memory monitor on my second display,
    game just chews up whole Gig's until there's nothing left.
    • Up x 1
  14. razor1360

what you have here means zero . i have played the game since it was in beta on the same two pc's that never had a freeze until oct 31 st patch install .
  15. razor1360

thank you sir this is best info i have heard on this problem so far . i understand they will improve the options you can choose upcoming and more . i am in no rush as they have plenty of time { 3 or 4 months } before i uninstall for good . i hope they can fix it in that time . btw i am a 10 year EQ2 vet so i know SONY all to well how they are .
  16. GlueHead

Please send me a PM when the game works again.
    I hope what I have requested is possible, thanks!
    • Up x 1
  17. razor1360

i believe it but i have learned to fine tune my settings to the point after redoing firewall allow to keep me running far better now . i am just waiting for a fix now .
  18. MajiinBuu

Firewall is irrelevant. I deactivate my firewall while gaming, because there is absolutely no reason to use it if you're just gaming.
  19. WarmasterRaptor

Sadly, 2 of your links are dead :\
  20. uberdude119

To make a complete guess of the cause of the issue I'd say its the "new" memory leak fix. Now instead of the game simply sucking up more and more memory as time goes on it simply freezes once it gets to a certain level. Or this or that or a million other possible problems if it were something simple it would have been fixed by now. I can promise that PS2 is feeling these bugs where it hurts most and that's the bank account because who the hell wants to play a hitching freezing pisspoor excuse for a game.

Epic concept SoE it's a shame you can't seem to get it right.