[Suggestion] T7 Mini - Chain Gun needs some lovin... please :(

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Jadin, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Jadin

to:

[IMG]
    ^^^

I'm tired of looking at the * current * UGLY *** T7 Mini-Fugly Gun.. Its time the TR ban together and get what we deserve! The files are already in the game.. its about time we get a new REMODEL / SKIN / UPGRADE OPTION FOR THE T7! ^^^

Also the TMG-50 is still using the same skin as the CARV.... TR needs some LOVE! <3
    • Up x 2
  2. Waffle Fartsparkle

Here I thought this was going to be a thread asking for a buff when it already got buffed.
    • Up x 4
  3. Goretzu

They (apparently) can't/won't do it, as it would either end up with bullets appearing from above the gun or bullets being so low they wouldn't fire over any cover. YMMV
  4. Jadin

Why not make the Under slung a attachment for the T7? They already have it in-game just make it so when applying the attachment it changes the model. Ya of course you might be at a disadvantage but that can be fixed by buffing some things to make it stand up on its own, like a faster spin up time and 400 rounds a clip.
  5. Bennybones

That's insane. It already is one of the most powerful weapons a heavy can equip. If you were to buff the actual weapon it would become brutally superior to anything else in the heavy arsenal. I'm all for an attachment giving people the choice to have it as underslung. However, if that were to happen people would start to reason like you are now. Therefore it won't happen. Buffing the already excellent Chaingun is out of the question, at least to the extent you're suggesting. And since they don't want people to be forced to step out of cover to use it they won't change it either. In short, it won't change. Sorry.
    • Up x 1
  6. Golconda

what? It's a fun gun, not a strong one. even while ADSing ppl from 10 meters the stagnant CoF is bigger than opponent's model, which leads to miss shots even if you aim perfectly, which leads to lower damage compared to pmuch every other infantry gun in the game.

that even without taking into discussion the spinup time, which pmuch kills the gun at <10 meters

oh and not taking into duscussion the 1.5X dmg modifier you get while heashotting (other weaps have 2X)
  7. GiorgyGR

Yea..99% of times i use the chaingun i end up dead from a non-heavy opponent with a 652-625 rpm weapon.
    Chaingun must be "I enter the room-tons of bodies lies on ground"

*to be honest Lasher needs some love 2.
    • Up x 2
  8. Golconda

I love lasher, the only thing that kills it for me is its giganormous bloom, no need for that since it already has very high ttk.
  9. Bennybones

I don't know what you're doing then, but the static CoF is unbelievably good. I routinely slaughter people at 20-30m and as you say, no need to aim. The chain gun is so incredibly easy to use that it wins out in many of the situations you will encounter in this game. It's obviously not great once you go past 30m, but the vast majority of fights take place in much closer quarters. The chain gun is beastly and I personally love it. If you start buffing the chain gun in its current state I think there'd be some problems. I'm not saying it's the most versatile gun out there, but I think you're severely underestimating it if you don't recognize just how strong it already is. It doesn't need a buff anymore than the jackhammer does.

Fair point that the lasher needs some love, I think most people agree on that point and have for quite awhile.

And ETA: The sights don't become larger than the target until around 15-20m. At 10-15 you should be hitting every bullet assuming you can follow your target.
  10. Golconda

well, sorry m8 I could be misunderstood, my reply was a bit defensive cause I read what you wrote in a "lets nerf the mcg cause it's too powerful" way.

anyway, I have ~6300 kills with the mcg and it's my main and favourite weapon, I think the gun is not so good, but I would not buff it since it fills its niche. the only moment it gets better than other weapons occurs just after other weapons' bloom gets bigger than MCG CoF, and that doesn happen so often...
  11. DatVanuMan

:')
    I love you.
  12. Bennybones

Oh lawd no it doesn't need a nerf. Right now it's in a really good spot, that's my point. Imo up to about 20m it's an incredibly strong weapon. But like you say, it fills a certain niche. In a sense it's like the NCMAX in that it fills a niche, lacks versatility, but it's incredibly good at that one thing (not saying it kill as fast as an NC MAX :p). So if you start buffing it right now it goes from being really strong at this one thing to potentially becoming unbalanced.
  13. Golconda

this is adsing from 10m (smartphone photo derp)

[IMG]

as long as there is space (even little) where the bullets can go without hitting the opponent's model, the weapon will do less damage (a little less, but still) than normal weapons, @15-20 meters the space is obv bigger :V
    remember that even the first shot could land everywhere in that circle area, even outside the model.
  14. SteamBoiler

Just curious, what attachment do you mostly use? BRRT or extended mags?
  15. Golconda

both, depends on the situation...normally I use BRRT attacking a base and ext mags for defending.

I'd like to use only ext mags btw.
    • Up x 3
  16. SteamBoiler

This gun is also my favorite weapon but the choice of attachments rips apart at my sanity everyday.

I would also like to use only extended mags but I always end up performing better with the BRRT. It's not due to the spinup, I can work around that with a good prefire, but its due to that little bit of extra ROF the brrt gives. The ROF increase might not seem like much but it makes all the difference in my experience.

Not to say I don't have tons of fun with extended mags. I just wish the extended mags gave the same firerate as the brrt at the trade off of maybe a slightly longer spin up time than it does now.
  17. Matt879

F-f-faster spin up time? With the rapid fire attachment the T7 is already an allround beast within 100m, FOR THE LOVE OF VANU DONT GIVE IT ANOTHER BUFF.
  18. LenaQuin

100m? If you want to empty your whole magazine to scratch someone maybe.
  19. Golconda

100 meters? the weapon doesnt deal full damage even at 10 meters LOL
  20. Geneaux

I first, I wanted the MCG model to go back to the "old" one as depicted in the OP's post. Recently, I've took a step back and actually "looked" at my heavy from the class selection screen. In the current state, the game's default animation for the MCG has the heavy carrying it at rest as if it were another shoulder fired weapon. If they were to go with the old design, that would have to be changed to one like in the picture, but that's not where I stopped. After that thought, "noticed" that despite how the rest animation looks, it doesn't have stock. In other games, typically sawed-off shotguns and SMGs carry this characteristic, but then it dawned on me. How would the MCG look with a stock attached to it? In my mind it looked pretty f*****n epic. If the devs decide to redesign it, I think they should experiment with this.

IMO, the 'old' MCG design is somewhat niche when you think about it. To understand, I picture it as 'a weapon that is characteristically heavy and unwieldy for shoulder-fire use' and 'is fired from the hip as compensation to its detriment'. Since the TR have mobility as a faction trait, it makes more sense to me to have it as a shoulder fired weapon(which makes its current firing animation odd lol), just with a stock as added 'stability'(and I don't mean actual added stability; just for looks).

TLDR: Add a stock to the default design.
    • Up x 1