Alright- Best Glitch Ever to Occur.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by AcheronLupus, Sep 13, 2014.

1. AcheronLupus

Today, I had a strange and wonderful glitch occur when I died in a MAX suit, and a medic revived me. Directly thereafter, I was given my Light Assault weapons and Jetpack, but with my MAX suit still attached and it was still used for my Health meter. So I became a jetpacking exoskeleton with a NS SMG and the Commissioner. The result was an interesting balanced gameplay mechanic similar to a MAX but without the normal MAX weapons and ability.

I think if we created a MAX variant such as this, it would create an entirely new style of gameplay, where you would have a flying, mobile exoskeleton with downgraded weapons and no ability other than to fly.

Thoughts?
  2. Neo3602

I don't think so the greatest advantage of the MAX is not its weapons or abilities, its greatest advantage is its large health pool and increasing its mobility by a large margin with out a large decrease in its ability to take damage would make it pretty OP.
  3. MAXArmar

If I would have the ability to change my 2 x Blueshift for 1 x SMG on my MAX I instantly would. Compare the ROF of VS/TR MAX weaponry to some standard LMG, you'll see why.

Cool glitch though.
  4. Frosty The Pyro

yeah, 2x max weapons are only slightly better* than lmgs in pure dps, but lack ADS needed for real reach. Having your LA gear was a distinct upgrade from max weaponry, not a down grade.

*with the obvious exception of NC ai max, who get two full fledged shotguns, however this comes with all the normal disadvantages of shotguns, exasperated by a slower movement and lack of pistol to round it out.
  5. Inex

It's sometimes disheartening how many people believe the MAX weapons are so far ahead of regular infantry primaries. I did the comparison in another "OPMAXNERF" threads, and I think it was 2x Nebula that came out dead even in DPS with the Serpent. Given, they have a big magazine advantage, but they can't ADS either.
    • Up x 1
  6. AcheronLupus

I'm not saying give the MAX a LMG, maybe an SMG or Scout Rifle as the maximum.
  7. Inex

What's the difference?
  8. Xasapis

Old bugs resurface I see.
  9. UnDeaD_CyBorG

That'd be a dream come true. :D
    But I think I remember those from way back.
  10. AcheronLupus

Just reminding SOE about this.
  11. TriumphantJelly

Ahem.... Replacement for ZOE anyone?

Obviously we'd need to take away all weapons and health, 'cos balance(?) but it'd be really cool.

(Flame resistant clothes donned)
  12. Zica96

Dude how is your'e K/D ratio possible??
  13. Problem Officer

14. thingymajigy

Actually this happens to me quite a lot. The thing is, you have the mobility and weapons of LA and health of MAX, but you bullets do no damage whatsoever. No hit markers. When I asked people what I looked like they said a MAX with its head under the body?
  15. MAXArmar

According to forumside because I am a spawnroom warrior. Also people like me ruin PS2 for everyone else.
  16. Zica96

Ohh, now why would a bunch of guys on Forumside who never complain about something trivial being OP (Striker), and NEVER, EVER saying something like "a MAX just annihilated me OP OP OP OP NURF HIBY PLEEEEEASE!!" Now what makes you say something like that MAXArmar?
  17. Klondor

I think the best glitch to ever occur happened to my MAX about a few months back. I was anchored in a stairway on Indar, and after actually having lived for more than 15 seconds while anchored under fire, i decided to pour the rest of my certs into ranking up to the final rank of Lockdown to see what it could do. It upon exiting the cert menu, and unlocking myself from my position, i ran into a VS MAX, i started firing and my RoF accelerated through the roof (i was using mutilators, mind you. 400 rpm). I ate through that MAX before he could even react, i could go through a full 100 round mag dump in about 5 seconds! I assume that the glitch multiplied my 400 rpm RoF, up by at least 3 times! I swear both arms were firing at 1,200 rpm WITHOUT BEING ANCHORED.

Anyway, onto the good part. The VS had the cap point completely controlled, and soon captured the base, at the last moment i backed myself into a corner in the stairwell and locked down. An allied infiltrator shot one last recon dart with his dying breath and revealed the whole cap force was coming to my staircase, and they all poured in at once. I absolutely. tore. through. everyone. that came into that staircase. When the first 17 people came in, i blasted them so fast they couldn't turn back, and the rest followed straight into my wall of death thinking i was at low health, when i had barely taken any damage.

When i died, i had 37 (i think) kills in less than a minute, and the amount of surprised/rage tells i received i couldn't keep up with. I was rolling in my seat, and swimming in certs. I really wish Lockdown could fire that fast. Boy that was fun.
  18. Trebb

Let me figure out how to word this without sounding flamey..

So is your goal the ultimate K/D ratio, and you accomplish this by spawn room camping until it's not safe?

Not picking on you, its cool to have unique goals in game and all. Unless your goal is 10,000 PPA kills, then you can **** ;) *edit: wow they block DIA F
  19. MAXArmar

Not really, it is just what people suspect me of doing when seeing a certain K/D. If I would only use my MAX from inside a spawnroom under siege I would achieve a way lower kpm. Regularly I am in the vanguard of an attack or defense. Survivability is amazing if one does not overextend too much, flanks, keeps track of the combat situation/situational awareness and makes a timely (repair)retreat if there is a huge chance of being overrun anyway. Battles I prefer are 48 - 96 vs 48 - 96 so I'm not fond of (as it was called) "ruining" the smaller 12 - 24 v 12 - 24 infantry fights. Having said that I do of course see K/D as a fun stat to improve on, especially since I'm solo'ing.
  20. Problem Officer

I wanted to try making a character with 0 deaths but the spawn shield texture hurts my eyes...