Some people are so petty

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JobiWan, Oct 18, 2014.

1. JobiWan

Last night I was rolling a Sundy towards an enemy base, trying not to attraction attention, with a couple of squad mates and a few randoms. The randoms were on the guns and started firing at the base AV turrets with a bas and a kobalt, three turrets were manned and I was hugging the wall to try and sneak in.

One of my squad mates asked them to please not shoot the turrets but they carried on, letting the enemy know we were coming, so I set the Sundy to squad only and deployed. One of the guys who was ejected put 3 tank mines under the sundy and was about to shoot them so I drove away.

I set the sundy back to allow others back in and carried on towards the base. One guy chased me on foot 600m and again I saw him putting mines under the sundy and was about to shoot them so I felt I had no choice but to TK him.

He did this while there four or five friendlies round the sundy, under attack from a few heavies and a lightning, and we were defending the sundy and winning the fight, but the tank hit one of the mines, killing the sundy and 3 of the defenders.

I sent him a tell asking why he tried to blow my sundy up and said 'because you ejected me'. I mean, seriously? We had a great chance of capping the base, but he chooses to chase me down and ignore all the enemy around him just so he can blow up a friendly sundy and friendly helpers, all because he was kicked out of MY sundy when he was politely asked to stop firing and giving away our position.

That is so petty and childish.
    • Up x 18
  2. TheMish

Have you considered a good ol' Terran gassing and/or beheading?

Works no matter what faction you're loyal to. Whether you're a glorious Terran warrior, or a shifty insurgent.
    • Up x 1
  3. Draczar

I had somebody C4 my Valkyrie because I "wasted so much of his time" while I was trying to land to pick him up... which is... odd.
    • Up x 8
  4. Turkeys!

I had a guy C4 my support sunderer as well as TK me twice because I didn't let him into my gunner seat even though the idiot was already gunning in the other damn seat. My response was making his virtual life a living hell until he ragequit/redeployed.
  5. DrPapaPenguin

I had a guy C4 my Sundy next to the biolab teleport and then pull his own, because I deployed 10 metres further away than I could have.
    • Up x 1
  6. BetAstraal

The 'I had a guy...' thread! Oh goodies! xD
    So here goes...

I had a guy rocket launching my magrider because i accidentally ran him over while dodging in the middle of a bigger tank battle who wasn't even an engi to say he could repair us for example. TKed him 4-5 times afterwards to make him go away.

I had a guy while playing with my reaver that logged off his TR char and hopped on his NC char in a reaver to get revenge against someone around there and started TKing everyone he saw till he met me.

I could go on with these stories.
    Yea, some people are incredibly pitiful. I wonder if a faction leadership system with some sort of perks could help against these? Just sayin'.
    • Up x 1
  7. AFK1

Probably some guy who had no self confidence until he became a social justice warrior on reddit, and then felt like he was powerful, and then decided he has to teamkill anyone that "disrespects" him
    • Up x 5
  8. DFDelta

Was playing NC with a friend (we're both obviously outfit tagged) and we were riding in my Vanny.
    While we're out repairing some random jumped into the tank, I squadlocked, we got in again and drove off. My friend even sent him a /tell with "please don't jump into 2/2 tanks while the crew is repairing".
    A few minutes later we drive into another cover, once again to repair, and the same guy hops in again while we're out.

Even later we're in cover again, down in the red and not wholly safe so only my gunner jumps out to rep while I keep watch.
    Tank explodes to a decimator, fired by the guy who keeps jumping into my secondary. I got a /tell with "because you keep kicking me, a**hole" a second later, before I even got a chance to react to that TK.

What.
    • Up x 4
  9. RachelGomez

Smells like teen spirit.
    • Up x 1
  10. TriumphantJelly

Lots o' NC here.

Kinda makes you think.

(Nah ,just joking NC's great :p)
    • Up x 2
  11. Praiseworthy Tunes

Since the Servers got merged, I've thought for more then a hundred times that the rock bottom of idiocy just got hitted by some player/s.

I'm still getting proofed wrong on a more or less regular basis. :(

Example:
    There was some guy who seemed to be pretty fascinated by one of my Bouncing Betty mines. He looked a while at it, redeployed, deployed back to the same Biolab again, moved back over to my mine, crouched down infront of it and started to tickle it with his knife. Boom!

He died and I was the evil teamkiller but ok, that guy was somewhat around BR15 so he was probably just a bit too curious. No problem, everyone was once new to the game and was making some own failures to learn from them. It turned out that this special guy had the incredible talent of just skipping the learning part. He found me few minutes later again in the Biolab and also the mine that I had just dropped to rescure the door. Crouch, Knife, Boom!
    • Up x 1
  12. Ixidron

I had a guy trying to destroy my vanguard because I roadkilled him, I was in a convoy and he crossed the ******* road without looking, I tried to brake, and then apologized, but apparently it was not enough, after a few minutes me and my gunner got weapons locked after for him several times to avoid losing our tank.
  13. Prudentia

in the risk of getting attention by the mods again:
    It's pretty much a US problem. You won't find idiots like those on EU servers if you try, but on US servers they are everywhere for some reason. just look at all the threads complaining about griefers on this forum, it's Emerald, Emerald, Emerald, a bit Connery and some more Emerald. Anyone who understands why that is probably deserves a nobel prize but for bow if you want a low amount of grief you just have to play on Miller/Cobalt
    • Up x 2
  14. JobiWan

Well I play on Miller and this happened on Miller.

Also last night in the same session, I was in my AV lightning, chasing down an enemy lightning that only I'd been shooting, it was on fire and down to about 10% and trying to escape, and from nowhere a 'friendly' lightning sideswiped me into a wall and started chasing the enemy tank, obviously desperate to steal the kill. It was definitely done deliberately.

I managed to get off the kill shot anyway, and I was laughing out loud because the enemy driver was an engi who'd bailed and laid a tank mine trap, and the tank that knocked me out of the way to steal my kill went boom.

I was loving the poetic justice.
    • Up x 4
  15. The Rogue Wolf

In any situation where a large number of people are interacting with each other, you must accept that a certain percentage of those people will be complete and utter tools.

Let it roll off your back and move on.
    • Up x 3
  16. ronjahn

Yeah people have a ridiculously sad level of entitlement when it comes to other peoples vehicles.

One of my good friends gets his Sunderer TKed frequently because he almost always locks it. He locks his Sundy because he equips stealth and likes to find good locations to park an AMS. If SOE would implement the ability to lock your gunners weapons, this wouldn't be a problem. But since most people like to open fire immediately upon entering a vehicle, he is forced to lock his sundy to maintain his stealth.

I have personally been tked countless times in my harasser because people get pissed it's locked or get pissed when I kick them out. One guy shot me with shrike and blew me up, and when I asked why he said he wanted a ride but didn't realize my health was low..,.
  17. libbmaster

No no, tumblr is the SJW place.

Reddit is where people who want to be like 4chan, but aren't 4chan go.
  18. gigastar

Once, someone started shooting at me to get me to stop and resupply ammo.

I told him no, he shot me again, i blasted him with the Commish, he came back and killed me, i came back as a MAX.

The rest can be summed up with this image;
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. DorianOmega

What you described is the exact petty behavior that is deserving of a TK, be a team player FFS.

Also there just too many stories to tell of this nature from Emerald NC, lets just say I have no problem killing friendlies...
  20. gigastar

More context on the situation for you then;
    • Base was basically empty of opposition, it was simply being capped on the way to the alert objective.
    • I had one magazine missing, and so didnt feel the need to resupply.
    • This being one of the old, ****** facility alerts we were on the clock and had no time to waste getting to the objective.
    • I snapped and shot him after flipping the point.
    • The MAX was useful at the amp station that came after this outpost :3
    I was being a team player, working to earn my faction a greater share of the 10000xp thats split up at the end of the alert.

I wasnt about to stop to give one random ****** about 20xp.