[Suggestion] Death happens too fast

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Targanwolf, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Targanwolf

To this player death seems to happen FAR FAR too fast.Who ever starts shooting first......wins.Strategy/tactics seem all too often to revolve around approach and surprise.
    Death seems to happen soooooo often that I become numb to it....and that shouldn't be. I think players need to be more resistant to damage...individual fights should last longer than 2 seconds.
    • Up x 3
  2. LibertyRevolution

No. TTK is to long already.
    It should only take 2 head shots or 3 body shots to kill a person.

Whoever shoots first should always win a firefight.
    You were slow, or you lack situational awareness, so you should be dead.

/signed The guy that shot the heavy in the back first, but still lost.
    • Up x 7
  3. KenDelta

No , You'll get used to it in time and conquer it hopefully.

The time to kill as we have it now is not bad at all.

Wut we get from people claiming they're dying too fast would be summed up as : No 1HKOs > 1 second TKK > 2 secs TTK > 10 secs TTK > 30 secs TTK > 2 AP vanguard shells to the head TTK , and it goes on.
  4. Archiadus

I play both BF3 and PS2 and I can tell you that the TTK in PS2 is nothing to complain about compared to how fast you can get the drop on players in BF3. If anything it's too long in PS2 :p
  5. FateJH

We can make it so your player character goes through a dramatic unskippable death animation each time he is killed. Would that make death seem slower?
    • Up x 11
  6. Archiadus

I like this! Now if you could add a 3-4x replay of your death from different angles in slow-motion to that... :cool:
    • Up x 1
  7. Lord_Avatar

TTK is fine.
    • Up x 2
  8. SenEvason

Try playing GRAW 2. Most, if not all, weapons have a OHK for headshots, and a max of 3 bodyshots for any weapon to kill if I remember right.
  9. Iridar51

You should try CoD or Battlefield. TTK there is twice as short.
    I'd say TTK in PS2 is in a good place for an online shooter.
  10. Risen

It's because death happens fast that strategy and tactics DO matter so much.
    When fights take longer to resolve, you minimize the advantage that surprise and superior placement give you over your enemy, allowing them to quickly recover and return fire before they've suffered much loss.

I actually believe that death happens too slow in this game. I'm use to realistic games like world war 2 online, where a rifleman hiding in the grass can kill you from 300m with a single shot. Try playing that game for years and you'll really learn to appreciate the need to advance in cover and use tactics and teamwork to overcome your enemy, rather than just quicker trigger reflexes.
    • Up x 1
  11. LibertyRevolution

I can take fire and run away, baiting them to fallow me around a corner, then murder them..
    That should not happen far as I am concerned.
    • Up x 1
  12. tf2hero

hmm i could see a increase in ttk by around 0.5-1 second(s)

hey if bf4 did it than why not planetbattlesidefield?
    • Up x 1
  13. Targanwolf

Such ubiquitous death takes away any significance from the fact your character lost a fight..In fact death is a misnomer...forced reset is probably a better term.Maybe fps players think ,very frequent,near instant death depending on who shoots first is supposed to be the norm ? This is my first significant FPS game so I don't know. unending two second deaths certainly weakens the bond between my character and myself.

Of course there are no right or wrong answers......just opinions,and you have just heard mine.
  14. DHT#

For what it's worth, I agree. Any time when you can be dead before you have the chance to react you have issues. It doesn't favor people with better skill, just whoever happened to see the other one first.

But that's why I don't play CoD or Battlefield, either. They heavily favor camping rather than the ability to track targets or control an area.
    • Up x 1
  15. BobSanders123

We should double the damage of all the weapons. That should make things fun.
  16. Schizomatic

Unless your target is an HA, then good luck killing him in 2-3 seconds. I swear, I've unloaded entire mags on HAs and got nothing but the death screen.
  17. Dieter Perras

Actually the TTk is fairly long the trouble is latency as explained here.

That's why you can seem to take forever to down an enemy and then get killed in a split second.
  18. TEUFELDRITCH

Remove flinching from the game & things would be a whole lot better.
  19. Xasapis

One of the high priorities to be included in PS2 is actually a kill cam.

While you wait for that to (never) happen, you can use the Battle Hardened implant to lessen the effects of flinch considerably.
  20. Klypto

I would rather they just removed the animation of the enemy flinching.

It's infuriating to be shooting someone, and see his rifle POINT AT THE ******* GROUND AND DUCK HIS HEAD while he is still standing firing at me while ADS / hip-firing because I simply hit him in the head.

This screws up my tracking prediction process as it sometimes is interpreted as "he is starting to sprint" which is flat out not true and has to be reinterpreted / corrected wasting time and process chunks that could be otherwise used for fine tuning my next burst or shot. The animation just doesn't make any sense and is overly exaggerated in comparison to their actual accuracy loss.
    • Up x 2