[video] Flawed - a ps2 cinematic montage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lillbabz, Sep 28, 2014.

1. lillbabz

hey guys,

I posted this on the ps2 sub reddit a couple of days ago, so I'm sorry if you already have seen it.
    if you haven't, I hope you like it.

• Up x 30
  2. -Synapse-

10/10 Would watch again. And again. And again. And again.
    • Up x 2
  3. Iridar51

**** that's beautiful.
    • Up x 2
  4. MotionBlured

So where's all those people complaining about PS2's graphics? Yeah, that's what I thought.
    • Up x 1
  5. Dracorean

If you can make more of this, you should be doing promotional commercials for PS2.
    • Up x 9
  6. Verviedi

It's CGI enhanced.
    • Up x 3
  7. Catalyist

just WOW!
    • Up x 2
  8. TheMish

That should be an advertisement for PlanetSide 2.

Glorious!
    • Up x 3
  9. Palbuddy

Just logged in to say: Excellent!

Very nice mood, framing, edit and choice of music.

And I see what you did @ 2:05/2:06, I lolled loud.. ^^
    • Up x 2
  10. lillbabz

Glad you liked it, guys!
    Hopefully I can do more like it :)
    • Up x 1
  11. Selrahc4040

Even had lens flares on the glasses of the Higby Decal. 10/10
    • Up x 1
  12. lillbabz

Well, of course ;P
    • Up x 2
  13. Saool

Quite possibly your best yet.
    • Up x 2
  14. Drasilov

Very very good !
    • Up x 2
  15. Gallant

That video would be a better promo for PS4 launch than anything soe could do.
    • Up x 2
  16. Sulsa

Once again Lillbabz is showcasing one of the greatest games ever with unrivaled skill.
    You should just walk up to the SOE front door, hold out your hand and say "Time to pay me for the work I'm doing for you" :D

It's 10:22pm so I can't wake up my 10 year old son to show him your latest, but tomorrow I'm going to say "Guess who made another PS2 vid!" and I bet he will say 'lillbabz?!?' from when we were watching all of your vids on YouTube :D
    • Up x 2
  17. Inex

See, this is the sort of video those "10 hour..." things were made for.
  18. ColonelChingles

It's one thing to say that PS2 has good art direction for making a music video set to electronic music.

It's another thing to say that PS2 has good art direction for making a gritty sci-fi wargame.

It may surprise you, but arguably what works for one may not work for the other. In fact you could go as far to say that the more PS2's art direction is appropriate for one, the less appropriate it may be for the other.

;)
  19. Inex

It also sucks pretty badly for one of those 2D 'find the thing' games. :(
  20. Octiceps

Not sure if serious? It's obvious an absurd amount of post-processing and manipulation was done on the raw footage to achieve this level of production quality. The game doesn't look anywhere near this good when actually playing. Still, doesn't detract from the great job done by the OP.

Look up Robert Stoneman, he's another person that does really high quality machinima, you may know him from the PS2 War Correspondent video series. BF3/BF4, Crysis 3, and modded Skyrim also have some amazing looking user-made cinematics.