Question to low KD players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by patrykK1028, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Frosty The Pyro

I hunt big game (those lumbering armored monstrosities that take resources to spawn) so you know, not a lot of kills with those, even whenyou destroy them the drivers often have bailed

well it used to be, after all every kill creates a death, therefor the AVERAGE k/d would be 1. However every death does not create a kill due to suicides (therefor the global k/d would be by definition less than 1).

But then they made revives erase the death.

So if there are more revivies than suicides the global k/d will be greater than 1, if there are more suicides than revives it will be less than one.
    • Up x 1
  2. dstock

Praise Jah.
  3. patrykK1028

Oh man, so many answers :D
    Thank you all, now I have a lot of things I can do when Im on deathstreak
    But one thing you say is interesting: I thought low K/D is under 1.0, Ive no idea how can you think "Low KD is everything under 3.0", "In my opinion KD under 7 is low", "Low K/D is between 1.5 and 2.5" Then what is 0.3 KD?
    I used to check BF3 pro players stats. If somebody had above 2, it meant hes God damn good. Ive also seen 2 guys playing Heli once. Gunner had 180-0 stats in that match, pilot had 80-0. I told them "Omg you are incredible!!". Gunner answered - "Really that bad? I had 360 killstreak yesterday". Then I checked his stats - K/D around 3
  4. Hatesphere

people get an inflated sense of what a real "high" KDR in this game is since the 1337 players all farm bio labs and other similar bases for hours on end and then log off with a kdr of 10+, but no real skill was present that day.

in reality if you are fighting in a real battle not a farm, its safe to assume anything over 1 means you are doing something right in that battle, and a 3 is pretty darn good.
    • Up x 1
  5. miraculousmouse

On my NC and my tr my stats are around the same, 2.1 soft kd and 1.85 soft on my nc. So a low kd is what most ppl would call low. On my vanu contrary to my sig i want to keep a 3.0 without revives. Whenever i get a good run with my orion (3.5+ kd, even that is **** for some players) ill just pull max to chillax and farm.
  6. Alchemist44

As someone already said this before:
    "I think anything below [INSERT A BIT LOWER KDR THAN MY OWN] is low KDR."
  7. Tyrant103

Sometimes when I take a look at some of the people that killed me on my killboard or those I've killed, alot of those with low k/ds are the ones using AV turrets, taking out AMS' and c4ing farmers and trying every role in the game carefree. Although getting farmed now and then, they cause a dent in the enemies front line, Which seems understandably fun.
    • Up x 2
  8. NC_agent00kevin

Low KDR is under 1.

1-2 is ok and anything over 3 is high, but not on the level of 10 KDR vehicle farming high.

My BR 100 NC is only 1.84 currently, but every night I finish over 3 with a mix of Infantry and Lightnings, sometimes gunning Harassers and Libs but not very often. Right now my killboard should be chock full of M40 Fury kills but we dont do that every night, or even often. Usually we go out in an AP Loadout, kill tanks, and dont bother hunting the Infantry that bail down because there are more tanks to kill. Over half the time I play all alone and just do Infantry and pull an AP Lightning when I need to destroy something. A lot of my time as NC I just threw myself into the fray, pushing the front and getting slaughtered in the name of taking that base.

My VS KDR is 3.3 which I feel is high. Thats hard to do when 2/3 of your time is spent as Infantry and not in the relative safety of a tank or ESF - or even sniping (which I suck at still). Quite honestly a better SPM would probably be managed by just respawning instead of healing or letting the regen implant kick in. But I do play to maximize lifespan on my VS without hiding in a vehicle and flying away at the slightest hint of danger. Thats part of the game to me; seeing how many bodies I can put in a pile before my own is tossed onto someone else's pile.
  9. FBVanu

Wow, strong words, yet they are just your personal opinion, it is not an objective assessment.. it is just your opinion. Saying otherwise is just absurd and silly.

Keeping enemy armor busy and fending them off, helps our faction to keep our Sundy alive, thus they can take the base...
    When I blow up an enemy Sundy, and all the players that spawned out of it, I am keeping them away from our base, thus I am helping my friendlies inside the base to defend the point.. therefor we accomplish the objective.. together, joined arms....

And what you call "avoiding death", that is the number 1 priority in a tank. Because my tank keeps the enemy armor at bay, it keeps the enemy air busy, and it covers an entire approach area to the base, so that I can either cover my friendlies storming a base, or I cover an area that the enemy will not easily get through, a force multiplier.
    My tank is not doing anyone any good after it blew up.... ergo: keeping the tank alive is job 1.

A player that can buy precious time to help their faction cap a point or get out alive, that's a great addition to any faction.

That is my personal subjective opinion.
  10. NyaR

When I am on 20 death streak I think of it as fuel for something awesome happening, like c4ing an ESF or getting a 40 kill streak. After playing for two years even a 200 kill streak won't change my KD ;\
  11. JazzaW

Avoid Zerg's where possible. But yeah vehicle or Max play will def even your session Kd out in no time.
  12. KnightCole

I say anything below a 1 is a low KDR, 1 means the player has basic combat skills and can atleast shoot themselves out of a wetpaper bag. 2-3 I see as an above average player who you should worry about facing and anything above that is kinda scary.
  13. zaspacer

I played as a low KD player for a long time, and it didn't bother me because I was using those deaths to get things I wanted done, or to play "heoric" (die more but achieve bigger things): take out a key target, help secure a base cap, sneak into enemy territory to hack a vehicle terminal and spawn a Sundy behind their lines, see if I could pull tricky things off, etc.

The achievement of the goal (or coming close) was payment enough and I didn't care about the low KD because it was just the price for risky play.

Now that I've played a lot more, I've lost interest in playing so "heroic": the game does not reward it. Now I focus more on farming cause I need Certs and Charges.
  14. Atis

If I have fun during whole session, I do it right. If I have whooping KDR by boring farming some spawnroom I do it wrong. I dont mind 20, 30, 50 etc death streaks if I rezzed hundreds of allies, pizza-ran bunch of sundies, deterred whole air squads and kept AMS safe during heavy fight.
  15. Xasapis

K/D is influenced by a lot of things. If you primary engineer for example, you'll have a much lower K/D than a heavy. If you primary a vehicle, a higher K/D than a heavy and so on. If you only farm in your faction overpopulated areas, your K/D will be higher than if you play all scenarios, including the hopeless ones. And so on.

• For an infantry player, I would consider low K/D numbers below 0.5, especially considering that medic tools "remove" deaths.
    • For an infantry player, numbers near 1 would be signs of an average all around player
    • For an infantry player, numbers near or above 2, would be signs of somebody using HA exclusively (or stat padding via various methods)
    • Anything above 3 is a sign of heavy vehicle usage.
    Personally I don't mind low K/D. I will never regret jihading tanks and dying 9 times per 1 successful attempt. I do mind dying when making obvious mistakes (which I do a lot).
  16. LibertyRevolution

You have 100SPM and 11K/D... you play it way to safe because you are worried about your K/D and it kills your SPM.

K/D is meaningless in this game, dying cost you nothing.
    SPM is everything, as SPM = how fast you make certs, and certs are the only thing in this game that matters.

Killing dudes doesn't matter, they will respawn..
    Killing armor doesn't matter, their gunner will just pull..
    Taking land doesn't matter, as the other team will just take it back later anyways.
    Defending land doesn't matter, as eventually the other team will zerg it, and it will fall.

The only constant in this game is certs, and if you are playing for any other goal than that, then you are playing wrong.
  17. Leftconsin

I agree. This certainly isn't TF2 where playing the objective is rewarding. Or Jedi Outcast where taking and capturing a flag is worth the same number of points as 110 kills. Converting a capture point needs to be worth a LOT more points in this game. Capturing a base off a point you flipped needs to have a much bigger reward too. I'm talking more than ten times the XP of what it is now.
    • Up x 1
  18. iller

Was up 3/2 on kills for while from playing very cuatiously, then comes this 15 in a row death streak even tho I was still playing defensively as possible, half of them C4 and SMG's. Just logged out at that point. There's no dealing with that. Game's not even playable when that's going on.
  19. Xasapis

The reward is not there because it's very easily abusable, especially in the dead hours of the night.
  20. ZomboWTF

playing in a semi-organized outfit, but having max 2 squads online at the same time, i have a very low KD, just because playing forobjectives than for farm and K/D ratio is more rewarding for me

personally i get enraged way more if we lose a base to the enemy than dieing 30 times without a kill, normally that also results in me blowing up the enemy spawn sunderer or most of the enemy tanks camping the spawn, which makes fighting for the base viable again

when in rage, i do a few things to calm me down:
    1) kill the player who last killed me, for example countersnipe a sniper, LA C4-fairy a tank, etc.
    2) play support for a while and revive fallen comrades, give people ammo and MAX rep etc.
    3) go MAX and wreck some stuff

if still only getting killed, redeploy where you get farmed less, or talk to your leader that it's not fun to get farmed