c4/mines need a nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Candarian, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Candarian

the damage c4 can do is ok
    and it is limited in the amount u can carry what is ok too
    but 75 ressources is way to cheap
    150-200 would be ok
    a max cost 450
    a tank 350-450

mines are to cheap too
    dropping mines is even easier than using c4 and they cost less and doing the same
    • Up x 2
  2. Rellenar

Mines are just silly. They should be an area denial tool, but instead they're a random kill generator.

They should do a lot less damage and there should be some limit to how close together they can be, but you should be able to deploy way, way more of them.
    • Up x 7
  3. Zeppelin123

Well the logical conclusion is then to increase costs for tanks and especially MAXes.
    • Up x 4
  4. Flamberge

Driver awareness needs a buff...

And before everyone starts saying, "well your just an infantry player" I have a fair amount of time in my sundy, and I am able to frequently spot mines in the road and take them out.
    • Up x 3
  5. SpartanPsycho

Here's an answer from a combined arms player. No.
    • Up x 9
  6. Klypto

I actually have the opposite opinion. The damage per brick C4 does to MBTs seems unnecessary, but the costs of everything is fine.
    • Up x 9
  7. TheFamilyGhost

I wonder how many people left because the game is so boring.

This game has been nerfed to oblivion.
    • Up x 2
  8. Shootybob

You can't just say "it costs 150 resources to kill a 450 resource tank", because more than half the time you end up not being able to kill the tank.

Mines are even rarer to kill tanks with. Usually flashes and harassers are the first to find them.
    • Up x 4
  9. Richter03

For any tank that stand still camping infantry or rush to camping point without equip EOD HUD implant, they are deserve to be destroyed.
    Tank can't be harm by almost infantry's gun, only few weapon and equipment of infantry can damage them.
    With very huge advantage of tank to infantry and your tank still destroy by mine or C4 from infantry, that are your fault not weapon or equipment of infantry fault.
    • Up x 1
  10. TheMish

Mines? No.

C4? Yes.
    • Up x 1
  11. _itg

How exactly would mines deny an area if they did much less damage? You'd roll over a couple, get out, repair, and shoot the rest with your carbine, maybe an EMP grenade if you've got a friendly infiltrator on hand. Mines only work as area denial when it's really bad to accidentally trigger one. And in a game where you can repair a tank to factory condition with a wave of your magic nanites wand, the only sufficient consequence is instant destruction.
    • Up x 7
  12. Arsonix

Mines need to have their damage lowered when forced to explode by shooting them. It is far too easy to spend 100 certs and pick up 2 mines and then throw them both under a sunderer and watch it go up for half the price it takes to pull it.

For extra troll cred you can pull a small vehicle and park it next to the sunderer before dropping your mines so when someone tries to kill your vehicle it will start a chain reaction and get his weapon locked. Easily the most annoying thing going on right now.
  13. MaxDamage

C4 are 75 resources?!

They should be 200 minimum!

Also MEDICS SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO CARRY C4.
    It's not logical.
    • Up x 1
  14. _itg

Yeah, they released the sunderer deploy shield in order to eliminate that tactic, and it worked. And in any case, when that was an option, it was still your own fault for not guarding your sunderer.
    • Up x 2
  15. Arsonix

Nothing can really stop a guy who really wants your sunderer gone if he wants to pull a harasser or ESF and park it right on you unless you're in a massive zerg. Dropping 2 mines takes about the same amount of time of most weapons TTK. Once they're down all it takes is one person either unaware or uncaring to blow up his vehicle and set everything off. Mineguard used to be the only way around this and all it did was make people switch to C4.

It is one of the few cases where lonewolfing is OP as opposed to teamplay OP. It is just sad that instead of balancing mines they just introduced something else to fight it making mineguard and blockade pretty much obsolete for AMS roles.
  16. Disconsented

Stop 2x C4 blocks from instagibing tanks, sundeys etc. Problem solved, or change mineguard to include C4 damage
  17. gibstorm

Tanks mines are fine. Their is a implant that lets people see them

C4 is fine. Tanks have 3rd person view. If you and a gunner let a c4 player get near you.....You deserve to die
    • Up x 2
  18. FateJH

In PS1, the purpose of mines was not to get Vehicle kills, although you definitiely could play them like that in the normal course of the game. Their purpose was more about distraction and delay, which turned into denial, as even in that game could almost all damage to the Vehicle, save for rechargeable SOI shields, be recovered just by waving magic wands/gluegun. Putting the mines where they were, however, allowed a vehicle to be severely weakened and made it think twice about messing with other Vehicles or Infantry with launchers could mop it up. So it fell back. On difference is that there was no distinction between Infantry mines and vehicles mines - they were both encapsulated by the same mine. One killed any Infantry player that stumbled across it and did a number on any Vehicle that drove near it, and they were cleared just as handily with jammer grenades in the case of being discovered safely.

Due to these reasons, however, sometimes it was not safe to get out and spread some glue on the problem jsut anywhere.

For AMS roels, maybe, but they're still viable for battle bus roles. Exploding in-transit because you drove over a mine is still a big threat and the deploy shield does absolutely nothing unless you're deployed and stationary. Blockade Armor also provides better on the move vehicle defense against everything except tank mines.

For example, the best route for an Amp Station gate crashing Sunderer is Mine Guard because there's a high chance the floor will be mined to high heck.
    • Up x 2
  19. patrykK1028

[IMG]
    • Up x 12
  20. eldarfalcongravtank

the problem isnt that c4/mines are cheap or too effective or anything

no, the sick twisted thing in this equation is that tank HE/HEAT cannons have been nerfed to uselessness against infantry while infantry explosives themselves have remained the same effectiveness against vehicles

tanks need to run away from c4 fairies and pizza delivery engineers because a high-caliber high-explosive tank cannon cannot deal with one foot soldier on its own.

"remove unnecessary lethality" my a**. why werent nerfs applied to AV weapons as well?
    • Up x 5