[Suggestion] Kind of Disappointed in the Auraxium Weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cookie5000, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Cookie5000

If anybody plays Warframe and know how Prime weapons are compared to their original counter-parts.
    Braton
    [IMG]
    Braton Prime
    [IMG]
    I thought the Auraxium weapons would have an advantage over their predecessors
    Decimator
    [IMG]
    Auraxium Decimator/Kraken
    [IMG]
    I am not saying they have to have different and more buffed statistics. I am just saying they should of at least had a few advantages over the original variant. Since it just seems easier to grind certs for a Descimator, when the Driectives have lots of goals that seem to take a while like 50 vehicle kills and such, that does almost the exact same thing without the cool camo and explosion effects.

Since the Kraken and Decimator damage is already really strong, maybe the Kraken can have attachments the Decimator does not with some statistic loss/gain.
    • Thermal Vision - Thermal Optic
    • "Zooka" Scope - Rocket scope based off of the Bazooka
    [IMG]
    • Splash Rocket - Increases the blast radius of the rocket however, reduced effectiveness of splash damage at further ranges.
    • Nanite Tracker Rocket - When you hit at a vehicle, a waypoint will be set on your screen until the Vehicle gets out of range, 100 meters, is destroyed or reached full health. It will also spot the vehicle on the minimap for friendlies.
    I tried to make it not affect gameplay that much or steal empire traits as much as possible. If you disagree its ok but don't criticize please.
  2. Matt879

What seemed like a cool idea to me is to have 4 attachments on them all, but to only have these attachments give advantages, not the usual disadvantages that they come with as well. The aurax weapons would only be slight improvements over the default ones, but improvements nonetheless.
    • Up x 1
  3. DatVanuMan

The BetelGeuse should have been a 155 damage, 698 RoF modeled weapon with far less recoil than the Orion. Coupled with the new infinite ammo trait, it would have been BADAZZ.

The Butcher should have had a RoF of 875 rounds and a damage model of 125. Also, 175 rounds instead of 100.

The GodSaw should have had a damage model of 240, a RoF of 487, and not as much bloom as it does now.
    • Up x 1
  4. Phredd Pewter

Radically different and superior weapons is exactly what they should NOT be!

Most seem to be in a pretty good place. I'm a little worried about the SMGs though as they are a direct upgrade (at least on paper) over the stock models.
    • Up x 1
  5. Cookie5000

Are you stalking me on all my forums? <.<
  6. MotionBlured

Directive weapons should be like everything else; sidegrades.
    • Up x 2
  7. Rovertoo

Warframe has a terrible model for any real Pvp, upgrades instead of sidegrades. Every weapon should have downsides for it's plus sides, or else it would be pay to win, or even worse, grind to win.
  8. PKfire

The weapons feel more like a reward than the lousy lumifiber. The VS lumifiber is blinding white half the time, you can't distinguish it from the teal variant.

I was and still am dissapointed.
  9. Halcyon

The directives rewards are totally unjustified for the amount of work you put in to get them.
    The advantage of the TR Butcher LMG over the original Carv is so tiny, why should I grind out and Auraximize weapons I can't stand using?

No thanks. Just going to pretend directives don't even exist.
    • Up x 1
  10. Yuukikun

Too bad right now they are all downgrades.
    • Up x 1
  11. MotionBlured

That's an opinion.
  12. Yuukikun

it's a fact, compare any of them and they'll be obvious downgrades.
    for example:

[IMG]

Now please tell me with a straight face that this is a sidegrade.
    • Up x 1
  13. Commander Beanbag

Beamer can't even compare to itself :(
  14. MotionBlured

Ya. Built in silencer, or marginally better hip fire. Looks exactly like a side grade to me.
    • Up x 3
  15. Yuukikun

Thank you for showing your ignorance in gun stats. Bigger number for accuracy = worse.

A built in silencer is not a making The Immortal a sidegrade when you end up with half of your bullet velocity taken away, reaching your minimum damage 30 meters closer, having a 20% worse cof for hipfire and being UNABLE to have a laser sight attached to it.

PS: just in case you didn't know, a suppressor doesn't halves a gun's bullet's velocity, so even a beamer + suppressor is far superior.
  16. MotionBlured

? I said built in silencer (immortal) or better hipfire (beamer), comprehension much? It has less velocity because it has a silencer. At the range you use a pistol, the velocity hardly matters. ADS = who cares about hipfire.

TL;DR side grade.
  17. Yuukikun

Guess you didn't read the part of my post where i said that a beamer with a silencer has better velocity + hipfire + minimum damage range than the immortal, and you can even add a laser sight to it.

TL;DR downgrade.
  18. MotionBlured

Then don't use that one weapon. One example doesn't make you right.

Side grades.
  19. Prudentia

Immortal does not suffer from the Maximum damage range reduction like everyother weapon you slap a silencer on
  20. DoomFruit

The big question here is what the velocity and damage dropoff for a silenced Beamer are. Your stats show only the default version.