How well should my specs run PS2?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by CrazyCoco, Aug 21, 2014.

1. CrazyCoco

Here is what is provided by DxDiag:
    http://puu.sh/b2usu/b05d0cdf9f.png
    http://puu.sh/b2uvg/21cf3e87a9.png (display 1 & 2 are the same - two 670's)

I currently the settings on very low, with the graphics rendering on about 60%. I am also running Nvidia Driver version 337.88 (previously was 340.52), which gave me a temporary boost to 80 FPS when I first launched. That however degraded into the normal 10-15 FPS in an area with anyone other than me, with 30 FPS anywhere else/staring at a wall. I am running the game on Borderless Window, and at 1680x1050 resolution. I am also using a dual monitor setup.

If anyone can offer support as to why my game runs so poorly, do let me know. If you need any additional info, don't be hesitant to ask!

Thanks!
  2. Bambasti

A single GTX 670 can handle the game easily, it's mostly limited by the CPU.

Also the support for dual graphics cards is pretty poor as far as I remember. So there's no need to make the game look bad with 60% render quality and everything on low. Putting these things on high won't make your game slower but it will look a lot nicer.

Suggestions: try playing with a single GPU or apply the SLI profile for Alan Wake to Planetside 2. Just check out what works better.
    • Up x 1
  3. CrazyCoco

I'm not the most computertech savvy, so could you explain a little more on how to play the game with only 1 GPU? And I do remember seeing next to the FPS a [CPU], which I believe indicates that CPU is why my FPS is so poor.
  4. day ofm one

Your core should be OK, I got an INTEL i3

I use 8 GB RAM

And a NVIDIA GTX 750Ti

Runs on ~60 FPS

So, I think what dropps your FPS, is your graphics card.

You can check that in-game:

- press Alt + F
    - check left bottom
    - your FPS are shown
    - [GPU] or [CPU] right next to the FPS counter shows you, what hardware part is responsible for the low FPS

EDIT:

He got an i7 core, I run high FPS with an i3.

i7 > i3
  5. CrazyCoco

It says [CPU] for me
  6. day ofm one

That is really weird.

An i7 core is better than an i3,a s far as I know.

My i3 has no problems getting my game on ~60 FPS.

You might want to check, if your CPU works correctly, it could be broken.

You could try running "prime95" and post the results here.
    It is basically a stress test for your hardware ;)

EDIT:

I just saw this thread: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...-nvidia-driver-to-340-52.198321/#post-2882432
  7. CrazyCoco

As I said in the opening post, I changed my driver to v337.88 and only experienced an one-time FPS boost to ~100, which then slowly degraded back to 10-15. I have found another thread that recommended 'unparking' the cores on my CPU, so I'll be giving that a go shortly and reporting back.
  8. CrazyCoco

Alright, so I used this tool and now I am getting 40-50 FPS. Hopefully it stays this way!
  9. CrazyCoco

Yeah it didn't last at all sadly. It did raise it by about 5 fps though, so now it's around 10-20 FPS. Anyone have any other ideas?
  10. Irathi

Check your memory useage while playing.

Initially good fps dropping as time passes suggests memory leak.
  11. Seuchensaal

At the moment it does not matter what hardware you have. Servers are totally messed up, lag gets worse and after that a lot worse and yesterday I couldn´t even log into game.

Situation is critical at the moment, SOE.
  12. Noppa

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=5
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=0
    RenderDistance=2000.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=100
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=1
    EffectsQuality=1
    TerrainQuality=3
    FloraQuality=4
    ModelQuality=2
    VerticalFOV=74
    ParticleLOD=1
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.450000
    FogShadowsEnable=1
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=0
    AO=0
    BloomEnabled=0
    Smoothing=0
    UseAspectFOV=0

FullscreenWidth=1920
    FullscreenHeight=1080
    RenderQuality=1.200000

I use those setting with gtx 670 4gb @ 1254mhz(newest drivers) and minimum fps is around 60 on the biggest fight i can find!

If i use renderquality of 1.0 then it is around 70-80 minimum fps!

Not much different on fps if my CPU is 4.7ghz or 4.5ghz...

And yeah SLI dosn't work in this game!

This game is pretty much always CPU bound :)
  13. Bambasti

You should be able to do that in the Nvidia driver settings. There you can switch between global settings and application settings where it's possible to create a profile (like using single GPU mode or a special SLI profile) for specific games.

Simply name the exe-file (should be PlanetSide2_x64.exe in your Planetside 2 directory, if you use some 32bit Windows it's PlanetSide2_x86.exe) and that configuration should be used as soon as this file is launched.