Before and After seeing the final directive tier

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DJPenguin, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJPenguin

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 23
  2. FateJH

You can kill Light Assaults. Look, you've already done it 43 times.
    Just shoot them.
    • Up x 3
  3. Rift23

I see they're following the WoW approach of Grinding Obscure stat=Content.
    • Up x 12
  4. DFDelta

I'd rather grind reputation then having to hope enough of the guys I kill are playing a certain (relatively rare) class.
    Bad enough I already have to use crappy shotguns and/or SMGs to get the new armor...
    • Up x 7
  5. LT_Latency

Yeah, I am not to happy about the shotgun smg either. Think i will grind the shotgun going to be rough though
  6. Iridar51

800 LA kills or 300 vehicle kills. What the actual ****?!
    [IMG]
    Well, my character was created 615 days ago. Since then I killed 1732 vehicles total, or at least DA site says so.
    So according to my calculations, it will take 106 days for me to get 300 vehicle kills. See you in 3 months, I guess?..
    • Up x 3
  7. Inex

Well, considering you also need to basically Aurax 3 weapons to get that tier, I suppose they figured you'd probably get at least one of those as a side effect.
  8. Iridar51

Directives don't carry on from tier to tier.
    For 3rd tier, one of the directives is simply gain 450 kills. For 4th tier it's ADDITIONAL 1200 kills.
    • Up x 1
  9. Inex

Right, but you need 2,400 kills (fine, technically only ~2 full Auraxes) to finish off the Shotgun, SMG and Carbine directives. In that many kills, you're probably going to get close to the 800 LA in any case.
  10. LT_Latency

Well I got work to do, \Straps on jetpack
  11. Iridar51

Ah, you meant weapon directives. See, thing is I already have auraxium carbine, and I don't really want SMG/Shotgun that much. Shotguns are crap, and the auraxium one seems especially underwhelming, and Shuriken doesn't even have laser sight, but increased ADS stats, which basically makes it a very ****** carbine.
    But yeah, generally people will complete all directives at the same time.
  12. Inex

And I'm just now realizing if I want that shiny armor (and I do, because shiny), I'm going to have to do this for each faction too.

It is to weep. :'(

No, I mean that getting 800 kills for each of those weapons is part of the LA directive.
  13. Iridar51

Sorry, didn't understand.
    [IMG]
    This what happens when it's 8:45 AM and I haven't slept yet.
  14. Inex

Get some sleep... you'll need it to get all the LA directive kills. ;)
  15. Phyr

So you're complaint is that it will take some time, and maybe effort, to get something that's purely to show off how much time and marginal effort you put into it?

Yeah, ok :rolleyes:
    • Up x 4
  16. Iridar51

What irks me is that auraxium armor, awarded for the final directive tier, supposed to demonstrate the high proficiency of the wearer, that he mastered all aspects of being a Light Assault. Instead all we have is a kill grind, and 5 out of 6 directives pretty much complete together.

Think about it: final directive tier can be completed without even leaving the spawnroom.
    Light Assault is so much more than simply a kill whoremonger.
    If they didn't have any interesting ideas, they could've at least asked us, veteran LA players =\
  17. DJPenguin

I'd be complaining if it didn't require some effort. Merely the initial reaction of knowing I'll be living inside biolabs for the next week.
  18. Inex

I wonder if they even have code set up for "Got 16 kill streak while sitting in a tree (non-Hossin only)". :D
  19. Iridar51

Tree position probably wouldn't work, unless they have a texture/coordinate map for all continents, e.g., they know that absolute floor for your current position is Z coordinate, and if your vertical position is less than Z, it means that you fell under the textures, but if your position is more than Z, you're either flying, falling, or on a tree/base/pebble,....
    TL;DR wouldn't work anyway.

Besides, I don't think it would be fair to those players who are not so good. I think directives should be more about dedication and mastery of different aspects rather than pure firefight skill.
    edit: tree kills = good. kill streaks = not so good.
  20. Latrodectus

I can't say I have much sympathy for Light Assaults, as the Heavy Assault directive is just f*cking brutal. I'm only on tier 3 but already it requires me to get 450 air deterence ticks (which are achieved by shooting aircraft with rockets, so every rocket is a single tick), 300 rocket primary kills, and the gold medal with the Lasher, which is a weapon I loathe beyond belief. So not only is it a grind, but I have to play like a complete shmuck to do it. I'm pretty envious of the TR and NC right now, as I would sooner slog through 3000 LMG kills than Auraxium the Lasher.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.