Absolutely no reason to use HEAT anymore, use AT instead

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Halcyon, Aug 5, 2014.

1. \m/SLAYER\m/

cause AV weapons has no upgrades (and AV mana got range nerf) while vehicles has access to countermeasures
  2. Church41349

Hey they even nerfed the splash damage on the prowler AP to reduce the "excessive lethality" of it.
    • Up x 3
  3. SavageBacon

I think the HEAT change is more noticeable on the Prowler, but it did seem like while splash damage got nerfed, the velocity of the round increased.

As for HE being tactically worthless, I would highly disagree. You can easily devastate and scatter concentrated infantry pushes into more manageable chunks for allies to handle. Just because people think they're only good for shelling the spawn room doesn't make it so.
  4. Forkyar24

I talked to higby in game, he seems to think armor is still strong enough more so then infantry even now, which means more nerfs coming.
    • Up x 3
  5. Pikachu

For the enemy it makes little difference since 95% of MBT use AV loadout.
  6. Ranik

AV weapons don't need upgrades when they are free, easy to use and infinitely spammable and the AV mana turret can STILL hit as hard as a decimator from outside of render range. So you have no idea what you are talking about.

What is the countermeasure to a wall of lancers? A line of AV mana turrets you can't even see? Enough Lock on's that the instant you pull out of cover you are instantly being targeted?

The only way vehicles work in this game is if you pull 30 of them. Infantry zergs reduce anything less to ash. And yet they still demand to be catered to :rolleyes:
    • Up x 4
  7. Pikachu

Where's the rest? Perhaps those things don't impact vehicle play.
  8. Flag

And now the experience of newbies is even worse.

There's countermeasures for the max AV guns, the AV turret and Phoenix/Lancer? Do tell, this is news to me.

Or you could stop talking out of your rear. Hiding isn't a countermeasure.
    • Up x 3
  9. Sagabyte

This is my point of view.

I believe that the devs have a decent intention in mind; they want to reduce the farmbuses that plague Auraxis's new residents by forcing them to move closer to fights so that they become vulnerable to rocket heavies/AV MAX/c4ries. This is good on paper, but what they can't change is the Tanker's mind. Regardless of how many range nerfs they give to tanks, they will CONTINUE to farm and kill from a distance. It's just how tanks work. In order to not die instantly, tanks must back away from the fight and fire from a distance. If the devs just nerf tanks, they accomplish nothing but frustration. If they changed base design, it would not only stop campers, but it would also add another layer of strategy and vehicle roles; to support infantry pushes, ensure safe transport of troops, and to basically act as heavy field weapons. Now, instead of being farmer joes, they have to both attack, defend, and support pushes at variable ranges.

TL;DR the HE and HEAT problems were base design issues.
    • Up x 1
  10. Captain Kid

No idea. I think the driving mechanics are broken. Sliding, can't climb a small hill, no brakes, can't see what's behind. I don't drive.
  11. Rift23

Harassers are coming back.
  12. \m/SLAYER\m/

so buffing HEAT will help?
    as you said, there not only tanks out there.
  13. Ranik

Yeah. Nice answers their chief. Just admit you have no idea what you are talking about and exit the thread. If your rebuttal is "lol yeah pull more tanks to deal with an equal number of infantry" then you've already embarrassed yourself greatly. Turning MBT's into self propelled potato guns that you need 30 of to even survive is a good idea only to those who have no concept of how to balance or to the devs. Though those two are synonymous.
  14. Axehilt

You mean in world you can't tell the difference in combat.
    • Up x 1
  15. KirthGersen

HE has to be buffed to previous state except reload time which is just OK now.
    Infantry farming is vehicle/air priority, just deal with it.

P.S. All Lightning cannons include AP - for me - feel better than simillar MBT weapons.
  16. Flashtirade

All of the nerfs to vehicle splash wouldn't have been necessary if vehicle play was focused on the large open areas outside of bases, not the bases themselves.
    • Up x 1
  17. Ranik

What large open areas outside base?
    • Up x 1
  18. SuperMedicated

Well, like i said it's a combined arms game. Vehicles/aircraft should kill infantry easily. BUT shouldn't have the problem of being able to be pulled by anyone or used without restrictions. In a combined arms game you have few vehicles that kill a lot of infantry, few aircraft that kill the few vehicles and the infantry trying to hide from tanks and help their armor fight off the aircraft. of course they aren't supposed to only do that, but that should be the main focus.
    • Up x 1
  19. SuperMedicated

I roll infantry and can confirm, vehicles should kill us more. I actually don't remember the last time a vehicle other than aircraft killed me. it's enough already
    • Up x 1
  20. cruczi

Uh, any area outside any base on Indar, Amerish or Esamir?
    • Up x 1