[Suggestion] NO firing while overshielded

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by SmokeMcCloud, Jun 2, 2014.

1. SmokeMcCloud

infiltrator can't fire while cloaked, I don't see why you can while using your ability.
  2. Silus

Because imagine Infiltrators picking off people from stealth. Or Stalker Infiltrators with Commissioners 2-shotting everyone from perma-stealth.
    • Up x 2
  3. SmokeMcCloud

Less annoying then overshield heavy assault rocket launcher primaries who have backups in LMGs and the commissioner and C4 or what have you.
  4. Silus

L2Headshot broseph.
    • Up x 3
  5. Skiptrace

Yea, i would have to agree with Silus here. Learn to play a heavy range class (Infil or Medic) or LA, when facing HA's
  6. ironeddie

I like this suggestion. I'd be happy to see the HA shield buffed but they loose use of all weapons when the shield is active.

Turns the shield into a defensive item. Used to allow the player to survive and get away. Instead of the offensive tool it is now that makes the heavy invincible.
  7. Nepau

Well for one, an Infiltrators Cloak makes you less visable, while the Heavy shield makes you glow in the dark.......
    • Up x 5
  8. Nepau

To be honest, if you did that people would have WORSE issues with the Heavy then they do now. I know when I play heavy I don't always rely on using the shield to get a Kill (oftain it saves me more due to latency issues where the guy seems to get shots on me even though I just watched them die). If It let me be invincible for a period, even if I couldnt fire, I know personaly I would make quite a few people rage.
  9. geekrider

You do realize that the HA using the shield makes him uber glow right? And that it slows movement speed drastically? It practically turns him into a bullet magnet. If you were facing an HA in a 1v1 then obviously you're gonna die (unless you got the drop on him first). It says there in the name itself "HEAVY" Assault.
    • Up x 2
  10. Ken Photon

This. People always complain about losing to an HA on a 1v1 fight, citing RL primaries giving an advantage, but HA's are not to be killed alone. We're talking about the class that's made to kill vehicles. It needs to be tough, defensively and offensively. An infantryman taking him on, unless it's another HA (or an infil from 150m away), just cannot be successful.
    • Up x 1
  11. cruczi

I don't complain about losing 1v1 vs HA... because usually I win with my bullet hose SMG headshots :eek: (playing LA). If I lose it's usually bad aim on my part or just my own stupid fault.
  12. Seuchensaal

Just flank or ambush a HA and he dies like the rest. Fast.

Full frontal 1 vs 1 with a HA is a very bad idea. Sadly a lot of people think it is a good idea and fail miserably.

After that: Cry on forumside about OP heavies.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ken Photon

To the previous two posters: YES! HA's don't have much of a problem now. They're fine they way they are.
    • Up x 2
  14. DSA_Corsair114

Anything outside of upcoming delay for activation is probably overkill (and last I heard, that was a fairly lengthy 3 seconds, but I'm probably wrong on that account) in the extreme.

If you really want hurt HA's in close, pickup a pump-action and shotty pound their face.

[EDIT]

If there's anything that really gets me about 'em when I sit back with a clear head and think about it, it's how obscenely effective Conc Grenades+Conc Immunity+Grenade Bandoleer is, and they way the Regen Implant can (obviously not always, but definitely can) eliminate the ability to wittle HA's down at medium range.
  15. Jogido

If they do add the activation delay nerf....I actually wouldn't mind a new type of shield that does this with no activation delay.

Maybe even have a little bit stronger defense like more energy....or maybe no speed reduction.
    • Up x 2
  16. KnightCole

Heavy shield makes you visible from space....
    • Up x 1
  17. Chazt

Oh look another one of these threads. I guess medics shouldn't be able to shoot when healing or while their dome is up, and light assaults shouldn't be able to shoot and fly. It slows down heavies, makes them extremely visible and the shield depletes constantly while up anyway. I mean really just don't confront a heavy assault from the front unless you are confidant you can outshoot him.
  18. lawn gnome

infiltrator cloak isn't a giant neon sign that says "enemy heavy assault here". personally i avoid the shield unless i am kicking in doors because it mostly shortens your life span because it makes you glow brightly and then everyone shoots you. ALSO, heavy assaults lose the ability to sprint while they are shielded making escape unlikely if not impossible.

so we will drop our ability to shoot if infiltrators lose their ability to run while cloaked. how do you like that trade?
  19. lNeBl

This gave me a good laugh.
    • Up x 3
  20. Kociboss

What's with these nerfs calls 24/7... They are ridiculous...

...And I don't even play heavy that much.
    • Up x 1