Bug Update June 6th

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Jun 6, 2014.

1. RadarX

The team is posting this over on Reddit as well but here is a quick update on the bugs you guys have brought to our attention which we are currently testing fixes for. This does not mean we have forgotten about <insert bug which you've told us about a number of times and can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet>.

Most of these based on feedback are the highest profile and could be fixed fairly quickly.

*Purchasable optics not unlocking account wide
    *Spawning at unintended places due deployment list changing during click
    *GSD not working if strafing
    *Infantry decals not displaying with armor on some TR models
    *Aircraft guns penetrating buildings in certain spots
    • Up x 11
  2. CEGrif

squad deplying on a squad beacon will reset the squad leaders beacon timer
    • Up x 7
  3. blueangleofdeath

This might be a silly question but what does GSD stand for?
    • Up x 1
  4. Goden

Gate-Shield-Diffusion.

I think.
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

Gate Shield Diffusor

Although since vehicles can't strafe, I don't understand it either.
    • Up x 3
  6. blueangleofdeath

Aw ok. I think what it means is trying to go through it at an angle instead of head on.
    • Up x 1
  7. Mezinov

The game engine considers a vehicle to be strafing if it has any horizontal momentum. So, for example, sliding down a small hill or power sliding.
    • Up x 3
  8. Eyeklops

The big elephant in the room is the bug where the server looses the location of the player and makes them invincible, die from a pain field, or cap a point they are not at.
    • Up x 10
  9. Goden

Agreed. Getting tired of caps being taken even though the base is 100% friendly.
    • Up x 7
  10. Pikachu

O
    Or not being aware of the situation of the base because the HUD fails to show the important stuff.
    • Up x 6
  11. IamnotAmazing

what he means is if your wheels weren't straight the gsd would fail to function
  12. Jester7x

*Infantry decals not displaying with armor on some TR models

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. Champagon

Thank you much for posting this here, if you can please speak with the team in order to get them more engaged on the official game forums, I believe this will help the community. I understand there is a fine balance for open communication and I appreciate the "glass door" policy
    • Up x 4
  14. Frostbitten

My auraxium membership is still at copper level.
  15. Pikachu

Anyone else thought "dun dun dun" the moment they saw the picture?
    • Up x 1
  16. Ronin Oni

"Slide" would be more accurate, or even turning at all.

You need to be moving directly forwards or backwards (or not at all) when activating and when passing through the shield currently due to the bug
  17. RadarX

This is a huge issue for us and unfortunately extremely complicated to fix. There is an update currently on Test which we believe may resolve it but at worst will provide better logging about what is happening.
    • Up x 2
  18. RadarX

Are you a PSG customer?
    • Up x 1
  19. Jester7x

Ah i see. I remember reading here that they didnt post because the community unleashes on them.
    • Up x 1
  20. Frostbitten

Yeah, I reported that to them a week ago (it happened for third time that membership dropped from aurax to copper). Still nothing.

EDIT: but I think I realized occuring pattern. I pay every month and when it's due date for payment - then it drops. Two times it fixed itself but now it hasn't.