What do u perfer?Farming in the same stalemate or blowing up a Sundy n changing the Tides of war!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by G.O.A.T, May 17, 2014.

1. G.O.A.T

So which do you prefer.

Farming in the same stalemate getting constant kills but never pushing up(example biolab shield doors).

or

Blowing up a critical Sundy and change the tides of war....then seeing your team push the enemy and get rid of them.

I personally prefer blowing up the sundies, you do get 500xp but sometimes it could be better to farm, XP wise...However it feels so cool seeing your team pushing the enemy, it feels like a real accomplishment.

Unlike killing the same guy getting revived in a Stalemate where you never advance lol.
    • Up x 3
  2. GeneralPeragorn

I like dynamic fights. While I hate farming, especially in Biolabs, I'm always disappointed when the Sunderer is blown up and all of them enemies instantly disappear.
    • Up x 2
  3. Goden

Depends on the fight.

Some fights are fun and I don't want them to end and some fights are just tiresome and I would rather move on.
    • Up x 1
  4. MarkAntony

If it is a fun fight I won't go for sundies. Fun fights are what this game is about for me.
    • Up x 1
  5. G.O.A.T

Sometimes I do think, maybe Im ruining a good fight when I blow up a sunderer lol.

However in a tough battle is hard to get to the sundy so when you blow it up, I love watching everybody in the map just push and push until we are at the enemies base.

I blow up sundies even in small battles...Im just used to it, so yeah I do ruin fights lol.
  6. Alarox

I kill Sunderers.
    • Up x 6
  7. Thardus

Kill the Sunderers, capture the points, destroy the SCU, take ground and win.
    • Up x 2
  8. UberBonisseur

Look, there's a reason people don't push the Sundies. There's a reason outfits ignore them, because it's incredibly easy to destroy a Sundy. A liberator with tankbuster and light assault, drop pods, two guys with C4...

Because they want a good fight, and the moment you blow up the sundy, the fight is gone.
    This is the metagame.
  9. G.O.A.T

Im in no outfit but it seems to me most people suck at closing the distance/blowing up sundies.

It's not like you claim that they could easily destroy them but choose not to.....Most of the times they can't because it's really hard to close the distance and they don't think outside the box....they are also satisfied farming.
  10. Aeravic

I prefer farming if my side has an advantage else I will destroy the sunderer.
  11. Chris Bingley

I like mobile dynamic stalemates, especially three way fights. A biolab fight where all three factions have an outpost and people are actually pushing out of the teleport rooms, rather than camping is so much fun to be part of. It's why The Crown is so popular, you can literally farm for days if you keep the sunderers alive. Same thing goes for Indar Excavation Site and a bunch of others.
  12. GlueHead

Blowing up the sunderer, farming is boring.
  13. Axehilt

"Farming" infantry is a mistake anyway.

Does it look like I'm hurting on XP/Min by choosing to kill the sunderer every time? Of course not: because killing vehicles is better farm than trash infantry.
    • Up x 2
  14. Cowabunga

Afaics you mostly sit in vehicles - Vehicle farmer *cough* :p Sorry I had to...
  15. Prudentia

If there are actual pushes, i'll leave the sundy alone
    eg: securing and blowing up generators, pushing points, resecuring points, Galaxy drops, etc
    i will destroy the sundy if we push to it of course, but atleast that doesn't feel cheesy for either side and the enemy knows they lost because they got pushed out.
    If there is a boring stalemate in which nothing happens i'll pull a Lib from the next base and tankbust the sundy, throw a Dalton into it and if it still lives punch 2 or 3 Bulldogs into it or (if i got hit alot) jump out and C4 him.
  16. Xocolatl

Kill Sundy, move on, conquer stuff. You get way more XP that way.
    Likewise--if you pull a Sundy, stick by it. I know it's "boring", but trust me, it's actually not. Move it when it gets attacked, support your team. The game is much more fun when your goal becomes "To perform well in a unit" rather than killing.
  17. Axehilt

Some people bring guns to gun fights. Others bring knives.

I was never the knife sort.
  18. SteelMantis

As a rule I always bring a knife to a gun fight.

In case I run out of ammo.:cool:

As far as Sundy's go I usually take them out then regret it until I find more people to shoot at.
  19. Slandebande

There would only be one scenario where I wouldn't go for the Sunderer, and shoot at the infantry instead, and that would be if I had been online for a long time and finally found a decent fight. However, I tend to log off these days if I cannot find a decent fight, so I would most likely always go for the Sundy. Some people say outfits don't go for the Sundy because it isn't hard, but then I'd like to ask them, is farming infantry much harder or more fun? I find farming mindless infantry just gets boring pretty quick.
  20. z1967

Usually I blow up Sunderers but getting an auraxium without some farming is hard.
    • Up x 1