Connery Pop us messed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Majorpaynekills, May 1, 2014.

1. Majorpaynekills

I am a TR player and at times I feel bad for the Vanu only having 25% pop at sometimes while TR and NC are a bit higher with an average of 35-37% pop. I honestly believe that even the NC themselves have to agree that you cannot go one day without the NC pop having almost 5-10% more pop or even both the TR and the Vanu put together. LISTEN DO NOT GET ME WRONG THERE ARE TIMES WHEN TR HAVE OVER POP, but you need to realize its only about 2-5% more over pop. Now if anyone can screenshot a picture if the TR in Connery EVER having 39% server pop or higher please post it here
  2. Beeman

D'aw, that's the server my Vanu is on. I never play that character, though, 'cause my friends don't like Vanu ):
  3. Majorpaynekills

Dont blame them hahahaha
  4. NCstandsforNukaCola

I guess TR revamp encouraged 4th factioners to go TR.
  5. Majorpaynekills

If thats the case then there are really low amounts of fourth factioners
  6. ColonelChingles

Looking at the population data from here...

Up until early October '13 the TR were in the lead on most days. After that until November '13 the VS had the lead. Since then until mid-April '14 the NC have been dominant. In the past two weeks it actually seems like the TR are back in the lead.

Just looking at the past week, on April 25, 8:30 PM the TR had 41% server pop. April 28 at 8:15 PM the TR had 43%. April 30 at 8:45 PM the TR had 41.2%. May 1 9:45 PM the TR had 40.2%.

I think the best the NC have gotten in the past week is 39.9% (midnight, April 26).

So at least as of late, the TR are doing pretty well. VS... not so much.
    • Up x 2
  7. Majorpaynekills

thank you for showing seems I have been mistaken. Although it sucks for me because most of the time the TR have pop is when I'm sleeping and in my prime time the NC have the pop
  8. Krayus_Korianis

All I can state about this is good. TR for such a long time, has been underpopped on Connery. VS and NC outweighing TR in population.
    • Up x 2
  9. ColonelChingles

Actually looking at the chart again I found a spot where the NC had 43% of the population... but that was at 10:45 in the morning where global populations are low.

BTW, all times that I'm listing are Pacific Time (though for some reason on the website it says they are UTC, but that can't be right given how prime times play out).

Though technically the NC had 75% pop at 2:45 PM on April 29, but that was because the servers were down for maintenance and there were only a handful of Devs on testing. :p
    • Up x 1
  10. Majorpaynekills

Lol either way all in all the Connery pop is messed up whether you are any faction
  11. BeyondNInja

Try FNO last weekend. We had over a hundred Briggs players pushing Connery's TR pop over 40%.
    Connery TR even ended up winning the primetime alert as a result. I'm sure there's a screenshot somewhere :p
    • Up x 2
  12. AxisO7

Yeah, don't take any population from the last two weeks showing TR as the highest pop as being a true representation. Players from Briggs were going over en-mass to the TR since we couldn't play on our own server. Briggs is back up now, so our influence will now be negligible again.
    • Up x 1
  13. Krayus_Korianis

And back down into the drain TR Pop will go, because of warpgate rotation.
  14. FateJH

When Briggs came for a field trip (server crisis) the TR had significantly more population. I logged off well into the start of a BioLab Alert last Monday where, for reasons of either the other factions logging out and/or the fourth faction logging in, the TR had greater than 40% of the server population. (We also started the Alert with six of the nine BioLabs under our belt; that's scary to someone who knows about the history of this server and every server that was ever merged into it.) The Connery VS appearring to drop so sharply in world population during some primetime hours, however, is troubling.
  15. CactusLynx

VS had overpop for awhile before, now its the other empire's turns.
  16. GoEErs

Just came to Connery NC from Mattherson TR. Came here to experience.........the atmosphere. Good ole' West Coast. I can remember like yesterday the sights and smells of.....MCAS Camp Pendleton and MALS-39. Damn I had good times there. Looking forward to playing with you guys. I've heard many things about Connery from players over on Mattherson and felt I should give Connery a go and make my own judgements. Seemed fair to me. Anyway, glad to be here and maybe I'll meet up with some of you guys. See you out there.
  17. ElastaPlast

I have accounts on Cobalt, Mattherson, Miller and Briggs, and when I log in to any of these VS always has lowest population. How do you balance population in a f2p multi-factioned game? Who knows? A big ask without p***ing someone off along the way. :(
  18. John_Aitc

Time of day affects Connery more than other servers. During our night and early morning, the Japanese Prime Time players seem to flood the server with VS. The VS night shift is why they are competitive with the NC during WDS events. If it weren't for them, the NC would have run-away victories.

I will miss my Australian TR brothers and sisters now that they will head back to Briggs. Thanks, it was fun for a couple of weeks!
    • Up x 1
  19. Archlyte

TR owned pretty much all day yesterday on Connery. NC had pop in some instances but consistently lost ground to both VS and TR. Something has happened to the core of NC players as NC pop right now seems to have no knowledge of tactics. Doing stupid things like abandoning the point without a reaction force and losing easy caps at :10 to go. Also bad Sundy use/placement, no security on gens during assaults, and no ability to assault effectively. I witnessed it many many times.

Future Crew (VS), and Opposition Force (TR) were tearing through much larger NC forces on Esamir where NC had overwhelming pop and super noob ability.
  20. MeDPaX

I am Vanu, I love it, more heads to pop.