Has 64bit been re-enabled? I can't run the game again.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LCTR, Apr 24, 2014.

1. LCTR

Again I'm up against the same issue:

I run launch pad, press Play, then nothing.

No error, no hung thread, no planetside2(_x64).exe running.

I played for a couple of hours yesterday with no problem. Today when I ran launchpad it updated 4 files and now I can't run the game at all.

I have validated the game files: no change.

Last time this happened it was due to the 64bit client being re-activated. Can anyone confirm?

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks guys.
    • Up x 5
  2. Flamberge

Yep. I am also running in x64 bit now, wasn't yesterday. Game takes longer to boot up, but I can still play. I also made a topic about this in general discussion.
    • Up x 1
  3. LCTR

Thanks for replying.

Wish I had the option to switch to the 32-bit build until this issue is sorted.
    • Up x 1
  4. AdrianM

running 64 bit now aswell, but getting micro stutters making precision aiming IMPOSSIBLE
    • Up x 2
  5. Streetfighter

error 0xc000007b

fail.
    • Up x 4
  6. LCTR

Did everyone have these problems last time they enabled 64-bit client too?
    • Up x 1
  7. Enukku

I have the same problem. And I wrote email twice to Sony Support. But they don't respond!
    64-bit client ON! - GAME OFF!!
    When you will repair that stupid "bug"!!!!???
    • Up x 1
  8. apieceofpizza

When clicking play on the 64bit client, an error message displays stating that "The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b)." Not sure what this is supposed to indicate, but it makes it so I am unable to run the game, despite the fact that it worked fine before the 90,000KB patch.
  9. LCTR

Sounds similar to the issue I posted : https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...-re-enabled-i-cant-run-the-game-again.184264/

I don't have the error code though.
  10. Path

For some reason, you can't run the x64 client. I can't even begin to understand why. I've tried just about all I can think of. Including finding someone with a working version, and making a copy of his .dll files. Best solution is to run the x86 client instead
  11. JoCool

How? Is there a way to use the x86 client?
  12. RadarX

We are currently looking into this.
    • Up x 5
  13. LCTR

Thanks for the update.
  14. GrenadeShark

the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-0x00007b. yeppee.
    • Up x 1
  15. RadarX

• Up x 5
  16. LCTR

(I'm not getting the error message)

Last time I had this issue (the last time the 64 bit client was released) I ran the DirectX installer but it said everything was up to date.
    • Up x 1
  17. GrenadeShark

18. Badji

Also running on 64x client...never had any problems until the last update today...think it was the 90mb one ..got stuck on 6% in the loading screen then it kicks out of the game and opens the GAME ERROR G99 in the browser...
  19. Ball5

Game is also unplayable for me as of today.

Symptoms:
    -Stuttering framerate 20-40fps (usually is pegged at 60fps w/ smoothing and V-sync on).
    -Cloaked units including myself are no longer visible (Typically they are visible since I run mostly high settings)
    -Depot panels and various other textures are missing.
    -Screen goes white when looking in some directions.

System:
    64bit Win7
    i5-2500K 8GB RAM
    2x 6870's in Crossfire

I have rebooted, enabled/disabled CF, checked game file assets, and changed game settings to low with no luck. The game was working fine 6 hours ago....
  20. MagMourner

Just to let you know - THIS WORKED FOR ME ! Thanks...