New Quartz Ridge = Minas Tirith/Gondor.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by daniel696, Mar 20, 2014.

1. daniel696

This base is a master piece of math and defense, why? The base is made with circles! What circles means in terms of war? Means that you'll have to pass through 5 huge walls (Not sure if 5) with pew pew guys shoting you to win the base.
    All the walls are in high ground (that's the strong thing from circles), they are really high shoting you and you have to fight in the walls to then try to climb one more circle, this is exactly like Minas Tirith and fortress in 1500 1600 A.C (Battle of Vienna), not sure if the dev has this in mind but what he did is *****ng awesome, can't wait to see zergs zerging the base with zergs lol.
    Snipers will really love this base.
    • Up x 3
  2. doombro

Unless you attack from the north side.
    • Up x 1
  3. daniel696

Then is not a master piece from this side *sadface*
    • Up x 2
  4. Chicken Wings

Simple fix for the south: Teleport towers ala the warpgate. Put them in an elevated spot and make them hard to access normally. Problem solved.
  5. RIctavius

I love it - was a blast seeing it.
  6. Godsmangamer

went and looked over the base personally I think that the key to the base will be the road around the outside and getting a sundi on the hill over looking that location( where you used to able to get a sundi up for flanking the base)
    this would enable flanking the outer 2 cap points
    I don't think that shelling the fortress from above on the hill will be very effective just about every point that you can hit from the uphill side can be avoided and if the defenders are smart they will have sundis out side of the walls and beacons inside the walls.
    Also this base works with the teers with trees on lower levels will make this a light assault play ground but in edition this will be a excellent area for longer range snipers because to hold the base you must hold the road.
    The one problem that this base has is a lack of air defense the center points roof looks like it was made for gal drops and although the spawn points are well covered you still must get down into the base.
    If this gets a pass putting a aa turret over the center point would balance this out nicely.