I don't understand the Matherson Vanu overpop.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LIKE A BOSS!, Mar 5, 2014.

1. LIKE A BOSS!

When the NC have been at a constant 39-41% world population for almost 2 weeks now.
  2. Devrailis

I wouldn't say it's that consistent.

NC's overpop is also mitigated by the fact that we generally don't leverage it very well. The stark truth on Mattherson is that VS can do more with less pop than NC can. Mind you, an NC on VS fight where NC is 75% in a hex is still going into NC's favour, but VS can turn a fight around with 40-45% pop in a hex, while it's incredibly rare to see NC do the same.
    • Up x 7
  3. Pikachu

Nc attracts the worst and venu the best.
  4. LIKE A BOSS!

Still Matherson is no longer a Vanu server. Its now a NC one.

WTF IS VENU???:eek:
  5. Devrailis

Get back in your pokeball. :mad:
    • Up x 5
  6. gartho33

Aww... how I remember the days of soletech..... purple everywhere...
  7. Pikachu

XD You and your kind are.
    • Up x 1
  8. Pat22

It's more of a TR underpop right now with the other two factions fighting for pop dominance.
    • Up x 6
  9. Pikachu

People often tell me that in game.
    • Up x 5
  10. Trudriban

Here is a (very personal opinion filled) abridged version of Mattherson history
    -NC were ****, VS was there, TR had BuzzCutPsycho who shall henceforth be named Buttface, who was all "**** everything but my buoys
    -NC and VS got pissed, as did some TR
    -Buncha **** happens with balance and for the most part Buttface is all "this game is dicks but I keep playing cause I am da bes" while pissing the whole server off
    -ZOE *lightning* was released
    -Now VS is da bes and likes to shout something about Digimon or some **** every time they win behind technocrabs
    -Lots of TR get tired, NC already hate life, errybody goes and grabs a lobster suit
    -Buttface leaves the game because his face is a butt, and there was much rejoicing
    -ZOE *more lightning* lasted way too long so VS had no reason to go back (especially since TR leadership just died and NC leader**** never seemed to be a thing)
    -4 or so months later, loads of dudes who got all the certs thanks to lobster suits, very little dedicated reds left cause no one liked them, and blues still suck
    -PU02 arrives, nerfs ZOE *static shock off a door knob* and TR while leaving NC relatively the same. 4th factioners confuse this for Buffs
    -Nowadays time: VS still have most of the best cause the crabbing season was bountiful, NC has all the dumbs taking bullets and stressing the teets off those that are trying, and the reds have gone down so far we now feel sorry for them

Hope that helps
    • Up x 24
  11. Devrailis

That... was surprisingly good.
    • Up x 7
  12. EliteEskimo

Haha an NC server? Not even close. Compare the number of organized VS outfits, number of skilled players, number of high BR players to that on the NC side and the Vanu out do the NC by leaps and bounds. VS win way more alerts than NC anyways. The server is way better off with NC overpopulation anyways. After prime time though the server is easily dominated by Vanu.
    • Up x 1
  13. GaBeRock

It's a VS server because TR just really, really, despises NC. Just a few days ago, TR had almost all of Esamir. The few token forces still on the continent (now that cap opportunities were nil) just spent our time defending against NC and ignoring VS because NC has more people total, which draws more lower battle rank people, giving us the ability to score some kills.
  14. deggy

This post...

Post of the day, at least. Maybe even the week. Have a Like.
    • Up x 4
  15. VSDerp

NC might have higher pops sometimes but they still suck overall. lol it's still a vs owned server basically.
    • Up x 2
  16. Typhoeus

Still very much a VS dominated server. NC may have equal numbers at peak hours but have yet to capitalize much on their recent growth. Just earlier they had 46% pop on esamir pushing on tr's 21% going for the warpgate, all the while they needed reinforcements on amerish. Their command wasn't paying attention to the continents it seems or they just didn't care. I don't think they grasp they can actually constantly win stuff as a faction now if they set their minds to it.
  17. iller

I actually saw him on the firefall forums a month later talk schniz about mattherson or crabs or something. He'd have to have been super glutius-hurt to take up a pure PVE shooter so quickly... no way he stayed there tho. It's failing harder than the TR
  18. ColonelChingles

The VS tend to have a higher pop during the later hours. I play on the East Coast server while living on the West Coast, so for me if I play from 7-9 PST, the VS tend to have much higher populations.

Take a look at these charts here. At least for me times were listed in PST, +2 for Matherson's EST. I looked mostly at March 1 to March 5.

According to those graphs, VS tend (3 of the 5 days I checked) to have higher pops from 7PM PST to 10AM PST (9PM EST to 8AM EST). Why this is I have no idea. Maybe people who play VS are from time zones that favor this time to play. Maybe people who play VS are those who can afford to stay up all night and sleep in the day. Who knows?

The NC have the most population from about 1-2PM PST to 7PM PST (2-3PM EST to 9PM EST). The NC own "prime time" in this sense.

The TR... well it's not a good time to be TR on Matherson.

But beyond the populations, the VS are just much better at playing Alerts and fighting in general. They still pull off wins even when the NC have much more of a population bonus. Again, I have no clue why this happens, though I notice that the VS squads I've been on are better organized at the squad level than the NC ones. The "good" NC platoons will send the platoon to an area, maybe assign a squad to each capture point, but there's no tactical orders beyond that. The "average" VS platoons will do that, and the "good" VS platoons will issue more tactical orders (checking their squad loadouts, keeping Medics in reserve, responding to new threats, etc). No clue about anything higher than the platoon, since I've never been on VS or NC command chats.

When I was on TR command chat it was a mess... people blaming other people for a loss... would not want to be there.

I know for the past week I've been sitting out the remainder of WDS, as have some of the NC outfits. Maybe the NC just don't like organized competition (ie Alerts and WDS)? Just goes with our anarchic nature. :p
  19. EliteEskimo

I found this chart that Schwak brought up to be interesting.

Mattherson graphs from http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/server/17

[IMG]

What this says to me is the following.

1. Vanu have more more T3 outfits, the same level of big outfits as the NC, and way more zerg fits all while being more organized.

2. They have almost twice as many BR 100's as any other given faction meaning there are way more experienced players to lead squads and platoons. They have way more BR 75's on top of that. Better KDR on average indicating a higher amount of skill on average.

3. The Vanu have plenty of people logging in

After the nerfs it is in general not a good time to be the TR. Compound that with the situation on Mattherson which is challenging and you have less people who want to log in and even try to fight while being underpopulated. This theory is partially supported by the low amount of logins by Mattherson TR.
    • Up x 3
  20. FieldMarshall

I for one welcome our new venu overlords