C4 - Overused and needs to be toned down

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ancalagon, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notyourbuddy

You could... you know... just shoot the guy with the C4 in his hands and get 200 free xp.
    • Up x 8
  2. Hicksimus

High alpha AoE weapons have never been fun for the people on the receiving end.....especially when these weapons work very well against almost everything.

My argument for C4:
    It's enjoyable to get the occasional kill/multikill against something that should cream you 100% of the time. Particularly tanks that get too close or a group of spawn/chokepoint campers. It is very satisfying to look down on a group of corner campers and toss your C4 at them while wondering why they never look up.

My argument against C4:
    It's a trolling weapon that brings little in the way of team contribution most of the time because it's usually just used by somebody like myself who sees a quick way to get many points without caring about return fire. I have never seen it used against a MAX crash but IMO that should be the time when it is viable.....sometimes I see it used against tanks.....but usually it's just a CQC AI weapon that would have turned all of our bases into smoking craters by now.
    • Up x 1
  3. aoyagiaichou

Overused? You don't say.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  4. theamateurassassin

To semi quote ambassador Udina "are you prepared for a political sh*tstorm?"
    • Up x 1
  5. Phyr

This is all factions combined, correct? And sub 20% accuracy, lol.
  6. Hartkernharald

damage or availability isn't the problem with c4, ease of use is. in theory it's possible, among the 30 guys with no discernible uniforms, to spot the one guy without a little blue arrow (against the blue sky) and shoot him out of the air at 15 fps, but yeah... if the enemy knows where a sundy is, it's dead.
    c4 should have to be placed for 3 seconds, while unmoving with both feet firmly on the ground.
    • Up x 4
  7. Revel

I'd be fine with it if tanks had a defensive slot option to defend against it. Top armor should do this. It is ridiculous sunderers and harassers do but MBTs do not.
  8. Alarox

Uh...

1.) Don't park your vehicle somewhere where Light Assaults can easily get above you and drop C4?
    2.) Use Proximity radar or AI secondaries on your vehicles if you can't manage #1?
    • Up x 9
  9. Revel

The problem is tanks should have a C4 defensive option. If it sacrifices everything else, so be it. Maybe turn mineguard into Mines/C4.
    • Up x 2
  10. Revel

People keep saying this, but they never say why tanks shouldn't have a defense slot C4 option.
  11. Alarox

All factions combined, with one faction's MBT HEAT following just behind.

Consider what C4 kills. It blows up MAXes which have colossal KPH and score/min, and can be revived indefinitely even if you kill them. It blows up tanks which farm the absolutely hell out of infantry and can also generate massive KPH and score/min. And it blows up sunderers, which actually can't be blown up with c4 except by Engineers using 3+, and which can spawn hundreds of infantry over the course of a battle.

But of course, C4 is the overused and overpowered thing.
    • Up x 10
  12. Revel

Yep. Tower roofs need a redesign too. Then you'll really see the crying.
  13. Alarox

Because the only people who would use it are too incompetent to properly defend themselves without it, which also happen to be the people who mindlessly farm infantry with HEAT/HE and are the very ones who deserve to die from C4 the most.

Reward should scale with skill, rather than giving the skilless a crutch to negate their hard counter and let them continue to farm with relative impunity.
    • Up x 4
  14. Phyr

If you're going to compare C4 to a single faction weapon you need to divide it's totals by 3 to get an accurate picture of it's effectiveness vs other weapons.
  15. LT_Latency

If you get C4ed, You screwed up.

You are faster and more mobile then a LA flying around. If you let them run over to you and load you up with 2 sticks you FAILED. Most likely because you were so focused on farming infatry you didn't put a single thought into protecting your tank
    • Up x 4
  16. Revel

So basically you have no good reason, you'll just make a generalized insult to skill levels. Gotcha
    • Up x 1
  17. Revel

Or someone finally got lucky. I see people jumping out of ESFs to C4 vehicles. Its ridiculous.
  18. Alarox

My point was that C4 is used so often because the things it is used to kill are the best farming tools in the game, and as an example one single farming tool on one faction already comes close in kills and usage compared to C4 kills and usage across all factions combined.
    • Up x 3
  19. Alarox

So they're using 450 resources to maybe blow up 450 resources? And those 450 resources they're trying to blow up can easily negate their efforts by not sitting in a single spot or simply in using proximity radar?
    • Up x 7
  20. LT_Latency

So they spent a ton of money on a plane, and a ton of money on C4 in order to do that, They can just get a galaxy and squash your tank as well or just shoot you with the plane instead of just jumping out.

You should have an army around you that can gun that down or shoot the guy that jumped out.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.