Voice callouts? REALLY?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Sine, Feb 25, 2014.

1. EmmettLBrown

I play this game for immersion. Qspotting and the voice marcos are great for that, but these new ones are bad because they're automatic. It feels like you're being used as an NPC for someone else every time.
    • Up x 1
  2. AdmiralArcher

oh and guess what....THEY ARE MONETIZED
  3. EmmettLBrown

Yeah this is kinda lame as well. Shouldn't the different voices be part of the character creation?
  4. ShortRovnd

Great, more load on the CPU, just what we needed!
  5. MuldoonX9 Developer

Actually its a zone requirement (zone = continent). And with how many requirements are running every second (just like the spotting), it's not really a big change in load at all.
    • Up x 4
  6. Dramonicous

If this goes live and enemies can hear me then im out of here...
    Even if this goes live and enemies CANT hear me then I will be extremely upset if I cant toggle this crap off.
  7. MuldoonX9 Developer

Enemies won't be able to hear you. If you don't want to hear the players talk, you can turn your dialog audio slider to 0.
    • Up x 5
  8. Dramonicous

I assume I wont be able to hear the current live callouts either then, like people asking for medic,ammo and repairs.
    If I turn that off then I can expect lots of TKs and angry players. I just dont want my or other characters to talk without the player making a active choice to do so.
    • Up x 2
  9. TekFan

Ohhh no...this ought to be annoying.
    Devs, I expected this to be monetized, no problem with that...but please: No automatic call-outs!!!
    If I buy one of the horns for my vehicles, I don't want it to be active the whole time either.
  10. BoomBoom4You

The auto callouts need to go. Keep Q'ing as is and keep the voice calls manual.
  11. Hiding in VR

Ideally I would want to hear medic, repair and ammo requests, and friendly fire warnings. Reloading and "Whoop! I've killed someone" I would rather turn off .

Don't want to appear negative, in general I think its a decent addition ;)
  12. Vaphell

so why do they hear spotting calls? Inconsistent much? How is "enemy heavy spotted!" at the top of the lungs different from "cover my ***, i am reloading or something!" at the top of the lungs?
  13. Wobberjockey

oh god this. i have friended so many people on accident trying to tell them that i needed a ride or that i could repair/heal them
    • Up x 2
  14. TheTickles

The reality of the situation is this. They are constantly fixing bugs in the game. They may not be the ones on your own priority list but they are addressing them one by one. As new updates come out more bugs are created. It is an endless cycle that game designers face on active projects.

Now once you realize and understand that bugs are an endless process the logical conclusion is that a developer must come up with new content a long side bug fix' in order to maintain interest and revenue so that the bug fix's can continue. Being upset that a game developer is producing bug fix's is like being upset that someone is wearing socks AND shoes.
  15. daniel696

I'm totally in with this new feature, immersion is always good, of course it's a little bit wrong at the moment, enemies MUST be able to hear you, it this is not the case then is not immersion at all. As the people already said, make it a option "always/often/rarely/never".
    • Up x 1
  16. Giggily

I like the voice call outs. They're infrequent enough that it doesn't bother me at all.
    • Up x 2
  17. libbmaster

Agree with Giggily: the auto call outs are extremely infrequent, If they come up at all.

+1 for the healing/reping/ammo callouts. Makes life so much easier for support classes.
  18. Gammit

Because the developers have designed the spotting, which is a manual process and thus a choice by the player, to be audible to enemies. So the player has to weigh the pros and cons of using this spotting when they're trying to remain undetected.

The automatic call-outs, being automatic and thus not a choice by the player after being equipped, are not audible to enemies.
  19. Vaphell

and all of that is because the devs love money more than the logical consistency of their own product. If the people didn't complain loudly you can bet your *** they would push these callouts audible to all without much thought, after all less coding&testing = bigger bang for the buck.

And if we assume that the dudes on the battlefield started to use throat mics to scream to their allies, maybe we should get rid of the pseudo-feature that Q/V are heard by the enemy? What do we get from that exactly, except for people always choosing not to spot? Team oriented play my ***.
    LAs and INFs could be excellent spotters but no, they have to shut up or else...
  20. Gammit

God forbid the team want to be compensated for their time, skills, and talent with money. How is the money factor relevant to anything? Do you have any evidence that the devs originally wanted to have everybody hear this callouts?

What the hell are you talking about with throat mics, pseudo-features, etc.? Because right now, you're talking out of your *** and have yet to make a coherent point.