Don't take the bait

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bubbacon, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbacon

So you find yourself surrounded at some outpost with a 3-1 pop disadvantage. Enemy armor spam at spawn room with ESF and Libs hovering above the base. Now there always seems to be one **** in the spawn room yelling for everyone to rush out to A, or MAX crash etc etc etc.

Let me let you guys in on a little secret. Many times this **** is a plant to get you guys out so his buddies can farm you. You have zero chance against these odds.

So what does one do in these situations? You keep your butt in that spawn room and cert farm any enemy **** that gets iin your line of sight and bug out when the timer hits 30 secs. You didn't die...and you made bank off dummies that got in your LoS.

As for the **** yelling for everyone to rush out. A .45 to the back of the head works very well in those situations.
    • Up x 9
  2. ComradeHavoc

Get out of my NC, spawn room warriors are for cowards.
    • Up x 8
  3. Tommyp2006

Or better yet, instead of sitting around in the spawn room, form up a counter attack.
    • Up x 10
  4. Klypto

I tell everyone they should go to a different base, friend request everyone in the spawn room, and then redeploy nearby to pull a tank.

If it's only infantry you can bust out a Max crash and take back A. If you are vehicle camped come back with tanks.
    • Up x 3
  5. Mastermind

Yeah, what this guy said. Never defend anything anywhere ever.
    • Up x 2
  6. MajiinBuu

Yes those are always successful with inferior numbers. Pull ten magriders(assuming pubbies could coordinate), and get crushed by the enemy zerg. You've lost recources, they've gained certs. Instead you could have gained resources and earned certs by staying in the spawn room like a good little boy.
    • Up x 2
  7. deggy

Or you could have pulled Magriders from ANOTHER base, then set up a group of tanks alpha-striking everything into oblivion as they try to approach the next base in the line.
    • Up x 4
  8. MajiinBuu

With inferior numbers? Good luck
    • Up x 2
  9. deggy

10 1/2 stock Magriders will kill at least one enemy tank every time they fire. Possibly two.

10 2/2 AP/Halberd Magriders will kill THREE enemy tanks every time they fire.
    • Up x 1
  10. Metallic123

Let's not fight these guys, they might kill us.
    • Up x 1
  11. Tommyp2006

It doesn't take much to take out an enemy force camping a spawn room, they don't pay any attention.
    • Up x 1
  12. Metallic123

How many explosive darts will it take to kill a tank?
    • Up x 1
  13. MajiinBuu

20-30 stock prowlers/vanguards will eliminate those 10 magriders before they even get close. Remember the enemy has air support.
    • Up x 1
  14. Frazzle

To me, this is a perfect environment to farm as a CQB inf.
  15. DashRendar

Ugh, so close. I thought you were going to say pull back to previous base, pull air/armor fan out and wait for them so an even footed battle can ensue. Leave the spawnroom camping to the solo players.
    • Up x 1
  16. Metallic123

Maybe the real bait is responding to this thread? We failed.
    • Up x 10
  17. LibertyRevolution

PTFO or uninstall please.

Kills from inside the spawn should not give XP or show as kills on your stats.
    If there is no risk, you should get no reward.

I have 5926 total cap+defends. My other stats suffer for it, but at least I am playing the objective!
    • Up x 1
  18. axiom537

Or better yet, redeploy to the next base, and set defenses in advance, ideally with a bunch of other players in a sqaud or platoon, that are supporting one another.
  19. AssaultPig

the only thing worse than camping the spawn is the dudes who sit in that same spawn room wailing about how terrible it all is
    • Up x 2
  20. drNovikov

Spawn room warriors are useful. They keep enemies distracted, giving me enough time to sneak out and blow up enemy sunderers, or to redeploy and prepare defenses (mines, turrets) at the next base.
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.