I have a Problem with these types of "Tactics"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dragoon_Hunter22, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Bortasz

I can agree with his propose EV this will be for characters on the same server. I don't see problem with people login to different faction if they are on different servers.
  2. Craftyman

dat sounds like a bad fing to me. a propa WAAAGH! has always got more o' dese fings not less
    • Up x 2
  3. TheFamilyGhost

As a semi-dedicated sundy driver, I support this message.
    • Up x 3
  4. TheFamilyGhost

Ack on the Edit white screen.

72 hour faction lock when switching.
  5. Vinakis

And then they'll just make a separate account for each faction.

There's really no 100% effective, reasonable solution. Locking the factions on switching: So now I have to pick two characters out of 6 (only listing those on Mattherson in the sig) to collect passive certs on? How is that reasonable when it doesn't solve the problem it was intended to fix? Should I be (further) discouraged from fighting for whichever faction on my home server has the lowest pop when I log in?

I do fully agree that something needs to be done though. I've seen this kind of BS happen on all three factions on Mattherson, between a "friendly" light assault C4ing their allied VS positions on biolab pads (he stopped after I got fed up and started murdering him each time he jumped up onto the pad); a "newbie" NC who couldn't figure out that he was blowing up a friendly Sunderer (he's still the highest killed NC on my NC character); and a TR in a lightning who was going around sniping friendly tanks in the rear when they were low on health (I would have wrote it off, if he didn't kill 4/6 of my squad the same way).
    • Up x 1
  6. Klondik3

You have clearly never played EVE Online.
  7. Hiding in VR

That's not "metagaming", that's cheating.
    • Up x 3
  8. Klondik3

Whether or not metagaming is cheating is often something left up to the player to decide
  9. RJGatling

If that is the case, it shouldn't be. I feel almost as bad for the people who do that as I do those who excuse that sort of behavior.
    • Up x 1
  10. AFK1

EVE has absolutely nothing to do with this game

Fake alliances, backstabbing etc., is set up to work ENTIRELY differently. Planetside 2 has clearly defined teams, each Faction is their own TEAM, not some player made alliance
  11. Hiding in VR

Not in this example, since its a clear example of a reportable act. That you would do it knowing you are unlikely to get banned, doesn't make it allowable, it just makes you an ****.
    • Up x 1
  12. Klondik3

EVE was just an example of a community which accepts metagaming and knows how to use it to enrich the game.
  13. Klondik3

If the intention was to grief then I would agree with you. However intention here is to win by transcending the game ruleset (metagame).
    • Up x 1
  14. Pondera

Um....no...just....no. I really don't need someone telling me which of my characters I can and cannot play during what times. I play this game for fun.
  15. Bortasz

I see that discusion with you is pointless.
    One last try:
    In EVE alliance are based on the will of players.
    In PS2. You chose faction and fight for that faction. Players are punish if they shoot add people from their own faction. This is not metagame.
  16. AFK1

That's not even what meta means
    • Up x 1
  17. Klondik3

You get punished by CONCORD if you shoot players in high-sec space. However that doesn't mean that ganking in high-sec is against game's rules. Similarly, in Planetside there is weapons lock which punishes you for FF.

I'm sorry but there is no omniscient narrator which gets to decide what is allowed metagaming and what is cheating.
  18. Klondik3

Metagaming is a broad term usually used to define any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset.
  19. Littleman

Actually, there is. The narrator in Planetside 2's case is called Sony Online Entertainment. You're playing in their house, under their rules. We don't get to make our own. Just because we can doesn't mean we're allowed. Intentionally blowing sundies is reportable behavior. Pre-meditated TKing/griefing is seen as a detrimental behavior to the enjoyment of other players, and SOE knows this is NOT good for business, and can and have acted on it in the past.

Play fair, or not at all.
    • Up x 5
  20. Souleater

Oddly I had a session earlier where I got TK'd by a BR3.

Afterwards I looked up his stats. This guy is NC. His kills are: VS12, TR 18, NC 18.

Looking at his Killboard his being doing this for two days, so hardly an accident.

In my opinion this is poor sportsmanship and simply demonstrates that the players in question dont' have the ability to overcome the enemy without cheating.
    • Up x 1