Upcoming changes to infiltrator update via Higby

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by NinjaTurtle, Feb 12, 2014.

1. NinjaTurtle

Matthew Higby@mhigby 1m
    @GavinActual VS rifle changes: charged shot won't heat cap, allows 1 follow up, dmg adjusted so 2 body shots (w/ 1 charged) wont kill.

@Nekojusan the duration for stalker cloak has been adjusted internally, it lasts a lot longer now (about double)

@TenebraeAeterna what is on test for the TRAP is being completely changed, focused on burst mode.
    • Up x 5
  2. NinjaTurtle

Stalker having it's duration increased to about double was a drastically needed change.

The TRAP was terrible so I am eager to see the outcome of these tweaks
  3. Tenebrae Aeterna

I have no idea what they're thinking, but I'm eager to find out. His reply was in response to me telling them that I really wish they would make the fully automatic mode uncontrollable, increase the damage to high, and make the burst mode more like a slow bolt-action so you can get three ohk in a single breath IF you were fast enough.

Basically reiterating the concept I was pushing before the update. Still doubt they'll try it...but I'm interested in seeing what they have come up with either way.
  4. MasonSTL

I still say

The TRAP secondary:
    • 3x burst
    • no recoil till after burst
    • forces exit of ADS after burst
  5. Torok

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  6. NinjaTurtle

Lol yeah probably should have included that in the OP :p
    • Up x 2
  7. gnometheft

Thank you for making stalker better.

Glad to see changes coming to the TRAP and shade as well, and I like the NC rifle where it is honestly, even if it is only slightly different than a longshot.

My only slight grievance about the new NC rifle is it feels extremely similar to every other bolt action. I would only like to see it fire slightly different. Like only having one shot per mag, and rechambering slightly longer after each shot in exchange for never having to reload.

Or introduce a very slight delay between when you press your mouse button, and it actually firing, half a second or so in exchange for a bit more extra damage, maybe to 800 or so. Still can't one hit kill, but if they took a slight bit of damage it will, and if it doesnt will force a player to use a medkit, or find a medic or else be critically weakened, which gives it jsut enough of a trade off. I also like this because it introduces some more skill.

If it needed some changes my vote is something that makes the mechanics of firing different from standard BASR's. Otherwise I think it is in a good place.
    • Up x 1
  8. NinjaTurtle

9. Wobberjockey

minor amount of faith in SOE restored.

we'll see how this plays out. still not sure on what they are doing with the shade though. here's hoping i can put a laser sight on it
  10. RogueVindicare

Was the Shade killing with 2 uncharged body shots before?
  11. Wobberjockey

it functioned almost exactly like the VS semi auto snipers.

i think it was 3 body shots, or 1 head and 1 body for a kill in semi auto mode.
    i think.
  12. Reavx

No..
    3 body shots,
    2 semi head shots,
    1 Charged shot HS.
  13. SpruceMoose

nothing on those ****** crossbows?
    [IMG]
  14. Bape

So basically hes keeping NC ES as it is well I know im buying the TR and VS but not the dam NC for dam sure.
  15. Nephi1im

I saw the original delay tweet, but not the follow up information. I was deathly afraid they were going to mess with the NC rifle..... Maybe they aren't thank god!
    • Up x 1
  16. m44v

The duration increase is not enough, if the visibility doesn't change then ditching your primary isn't going to worth it.
    • Up x 1
  17. SpruceMoose

:rolleyes:
  18. Wobberjockey

all hail the NC infiltrator… the new king of long range sniping
    • Up x 5
  19. Tentakewls

No bullet drop, too OP for VS BASR...oh...NC? No yeah, then it's ok.
    Developer bias is making playing anything but NC just plain masochism.
    • Up x 3
  20. Pikachu

As I suspected. These things feel like loose ideas so far. But does that meB push back lf amerish? Two big updates in tve same week?

Shade:
    Would it be that bad to allow 1 charged and 1 fast shot to kill?

Edit:
    Will the rest of inf update come? The ES rifle doesnt even have proper aiming yet. No opportunity to test yet.