Login servers are broken or overloaded again...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gheeta, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Pikachu

I can't get into Cowballt. Prime freaking time.
    • Up x 1
  2. Tanchester

I'm stuck at the Logging in screen. Eventually after clicking the Logging in button for roughly 100 times, I got in the game and then immediately crashed once again in the middle of a fight.

Is it just me or does Miller keep crashing and having bugs more often than any other server?

Just sayin'... It's very annoying.
    • Up x 1
  3. Lazael

character cannot login into Miller, this isn't the first weekend that this happens for Miller, whenever events happen the european servers are he first to fail critically. Maybe its time to actually do something?
  4. Buzzcut

Same problem here, Tanchester said it best - It's very annoying.

If it's overloaded servers, a message when you try to log in would be nice to say the servers are overloaded, or a visual queueing system so you can see how long it will take......

I'm sure they talked about that kind of thing in beta.......
  5. ironeddie

Well we did get stuck with prosiebien running the show didn't we. Never heard a good word said about them.

If it turns out all our server issues are down to how they manger their servers then soe should find someone better.
  6. NewbMewb

I was lucky to get in... played for about 20 min, then the game crashed and now im here WTF o_O
    • Up x 1
  7. starlinvf

Must had hit the European bandwidth cap.
  8. Hookie

I'm having the same issue - pisses me off even more when you look at their sites and everything says it's up and running.. Makes you check everything thinking it's something wrong with your computer...

GET this **** sorted once and for all --- You want to expand the player base but cant handle what you already have!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Pikachu

Why can't they break in the morning when no one plays.

Edit:
    I just got him but after I tried deploying somewhere I got a big black square around mekala on the map then it all froze and krash.
  10. ncDieseL

No word from SOE on this? What do we need to do to get them to look in to the problem? Is there a phone number?
  11. Whitecid

12. BrianJ2

U do know that ALL EU servers are maintained by Pro7 and NOT by SOE. All physical related stuff is managed by Pro7.

This clearly is a problem with the servers being overloaded meaning they sooner or later have to upgrade(or optimize) them.

If u want minimal problems take US servers(with considerably amount of delay, although for me only 90ms)
  13. ncDieseL

It's been in the patch notes for the last few weeks that it's a known issue, but they haven't done anything about it.
  14. LCTR

Is this all EU servers again?
    A bunch of ppl had a problem getting into Miller roughly this time yesterday too
  15. starlinvf

Knowing a bug is there, and producing a fix are two vastly different concepts. The bigger the code base, the bigger the headaches. So by your logic, Microsoft would have patches daily..... and Apple is perfect because they never acknowledge bugs.
  16. ncDieseL

Don't care. Done. So Done.

Where are the staff during all of this? No acknowledgements of today's problems. Nothing. Nadda. Zilch. Zip. Squat.
  17. Artifex78

That's very unlikely. I assume hardware related issues get handled by the hosting company directly. Software related stuff is SOE's responsibility. The rack space is rented by SOE, heck even the IP address range belongs to SOE.
    If you have other sources, please elaborate.

Terrific remote diagnosis skills. My guess the gateway server (69.174.194.165) is playing tricks again, not the game servers.
  18. Artifex78

A come on. Maybe they are working on it already? Give them a break once in a while. The devs cannot work 24/7. Thanks to WDS the game experience isn't that great anyway. We are not missing much :p

(On the other hand, stop trying out stuff on your productive systems without prior testing would help preventing over-time)
  19. starlinvf

You've been around long enough to know the answer. We both know the community blows up at both positive and negative responses, and that more frequent the updates, the more pitch forks the community raises. Post 23 updates in an hour and the community accuses you of not working hard enough. Post updates only when theres something to report, and they accuse you of being incompetent and wasting time. If the internet shut down for a day, people would still accuse the Dev team of not fixing the connection problem, and demand everyone be fired.

We are devolving into the WoW community..... thats 3 steps worse then 4chan. We are already equal to Reddit. Don't let it spiral down that path.
  20. Gheeta

Aaaaaaaaaaaaan again same **** every day during EU prime time..........